You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (H) - Premier League - 6/12/20 - 19:15

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Numero said:

The players? It made a difference to me, being a happy clapper on the sofa. Seriously, it helped with me feeling like it was a real match. 

I was actually quite emotional when the cameras went on the crowd for the Bobby song.

Noticed one bloke sat down though, probably that miserable Agent Provocateur.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Agt Provocateur said:

I was one of the lucky 2000 last night, my name came out of the ballot. It was a special night on so many levels. I have done very little since March, I have taken lockdown and COVID-19 very, very seriously. Not only for me, but because I'm not a selfish prick and I have my mum to think of, who has incurable (but not terminal) cancer. I have spent much of the last 9 months welded to the couch in my front room working from home. The last time I did anything of note, apart from a walk around Lincoln in September when visiting a friend, was go to Anfield for the Atletico Madrid game. 

it was my first game as a season ticket holder in my own name for me - I've had a season ticket for 15 years but it was always in dad's name. I took advantage of the amnesty this summer to get it changed over to me once and for all. 

So to finally get the chance to go again after long 9 months was a huge lift for me. I was actually feeling really nervous beforehand, not the usual excitement, but when I got to the ground it was fine. The club laid on free parking so I parked on the official car park at Vernon Sangster. There was a walkway up to the ground from there where you were corralled through to the main stand. Firstly, you had to show your ticket and photo ID. The next person you came to asked if you had filled in your health declaration form (I had, at about 4pm because I had forgotten about it and the club didn't send a reminder out) and the final person verified your seasie number and name. 

When you get a ticket, when these measures are on at that point you're stuck in the ground at that point, you can't walk through past the Kop to go to a chippy or anything. You need to go into the ground. You use Google Pay to access your ticket, press "display code" and put your phone into the space you would your ticket. Worked first time, no problems, very impressed. 

When you get inside, if you're not going to the toilet or the kiosk, you go straight to your seat. There were huge spaces between people and it felt really safe. It was only the usual people kicking off at being told to sit down. I'm personally not arsed about 2000 people being able to stand if they wish but rules is rules and it is what it is. 

As for the performance, wow. So confident and assured. Wolves are no mugs, they are a proper pain to play against but we put it one of our best performances of the season. Midfield completely bossed the game, all of the front three carried a threat and Firmino's link up play continues to improve. Maybe he's coming out of his big dip in form which has haunted him for the last 12 months or so. 

It was just a good night all round. And it's really, really good to have been there and I am already envious of the people who will get to go to the Spurs game. 

Thanks for sharing that with us, terrific post ! It puts a smile on every face here I’m sure.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Caramac said:

Tough crowd you lot haha...

Anyway..

Can't find the birdseye view for gini's goal, hope this is ok..

bxQsrA2.gif

Kelleher..

3v9QNPA.gif

vSKJKeq.gif

Curtis's pass..

i8re2V4.gif

I usually watch the games on my iMac then just fire up the screen recording app for the goal replays. Its ok at the moment for BT and amazon but the broadcasters are finding ways to cut the stream the moment you start recording, i.e sky.

Great stuff and much appreciated. 

Coady was also vehement following last season's fixture, of course. Clearly emotional where Liverpool FC are concerned. Ironically whining about VAR.

21 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

@Caramac

Can you stop by when you get a minute and get me Christmas decorations down from the attic?

Much appreciated!

Soz mate, I'm still coughing dust up from going in there last year. And you never did explain that big box of skulls and that stuffed gorilla you've got up there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The flight of the ball is absolutely horrible (for a keeper; a striker would say it's lovely).

The save gets better every time I see it. 

In real time I thought his positioning might have been off, but that clearly wasn’t the case. Really good save he was able to make thanks to concentration & quick thinking.

11 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Apparently he is,or was,according to one of his own cousins who used to work with my lad. Maybe he has matured now?

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I work with one of his cousins and she dotes on him, so maybe he has grown up.

I AM his cousins an we all say he's a bell

• Upvote 1