You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (H) - Premier League - 6/12/20 - 19:15

Bjornebye

Great result, it's good to know that the defensive worries of a month or so ago are not as gloomy now, now they've stepped up. 

Spurs will be tougher for them I expect, those two counter attack goals scored yesterday were pretty good. 

I'm sure they'll cope though, plus a few others back, and Im confident of a result. 

Who on earth could not like Andy Robertson? 

9 hours ago, El Rojo said:

They were all fantastic tonight, but how good is Joel Matip when he’s fit and available? Brilliant footballer. 

His ability to step forward with the ball when you think to yourself he's boxed in, is brilliant. His passion & desire is top notch too. 

As for last night, just so good. 

I was thinking last night that all these kids in the team must have really lowered the average age of the starting XI, but it didn't really. Was surprised to see Kelleher is 22! He's got years to learn under Allison though, so all good. 

Jones' ability on the ball is brilliant. I think he still has a tendency to take a touch too many but he will get better at that. 

I missed the first ten minutes, so didn't see Neco's booking, but what I saw he was great. He's had a tough beginning to first team football and he'll make other mistakes, but he'll grow from those. These last two games, against quality opposition, he's really stood up & delivered though. 

Future is bright. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I keep saying this but I just wish we could keep him in a cryogenic chamber between matches.

Maybe when he played alongside VVD and we were brilliant it wasnt all VVD's doing?

Clearly not all down to Virg, as boss as Virg is. Matip is hugely underrated. 

I’d definitely rest Matip for the Fulham game and save him for Spurs...I know both are only three points but the Spurs game is more important as it puts down a marker to potential challenges like the Leicester Boxing Day game last season . 
Although the thing with Matip is that he seems to pick up injuries when he isn’t playing so what do I know ?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I’d definitely rest Matip for the Fulham game and save him for Spurs...I know both are only three points but the Spurs game is more important as it puts down a marker to potential challenges like the Leicester Boxing Day game last season . 
Although the thing with Matip is that he seems to pick up injuries when he isn’t playing so what do I know ?

He went 4 years uninjured in Germany according to Klopp.  Maybe he'll revert to type. *fingerscrossed*

7 minutes ago, Rotpeter said:

He went 4 years uninjured in Germany according to Klopp.  Maybe he'll revert to type. *fingerscrossed*

Not sure he played as much football. Were they in Europe in that time?

He seems to be a game a week type player.

13 hours ago, Caramac said:

BbLf13n.gif

These are awesome.

Couple of requests. Well 3 actually.

There was the Kellher save in the first half from that chipped effort.

There was a birdseye angle of the entire move for Gini's goal, where you saw the bench celebrate too.

And there was a different angle to the OG which showed Curtis's pass too.

Any (or all) of those would be great.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, m0e said:

These are awesome.

There was the Kellher save in the first half from that chipped effort.

There was a birdseye angle of the entire move for Ginis goal, where you say the bench celebrate too.

And there was a different angle to the OG where you say Curtis's pass too.

Any (or all) of those would be great.

m0e basically asking @Caramacto spend the next month breaking up last night's game into gifs. 

A tall ask, but he better not disappoint us. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Rotpeter said:

39 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Joel's playing really well, he looks a lot more stable on his feet and even without Virgil alongside him, more assured. Would love to see him score more goals.

I wouldnt rest him against Fulham as that is an important fixture and we dont need any fuck ups. He can be rested for the Midtjyland game along with many of the senior players.

I was one of the lucky 2000 last night, my name came out of the ballot. It was a special night on so many levels. I have done very little since March, I have taken lockdown and COVID-19 very, very seriously. Not only for me, but because I'm not a selfish prick and I have my mum to think of, who has incurable (but not terminal) cancer. I have spent much of the last 9 months welded to the couch in my front room working from home. The last time I did anything of note, apart from a walk around Lincoln in September when visiting a friend, was go to Anfield for the Atletico Madrid game. 

it was my first game as a season ticket holder in my own name for me - I've had a season ticket for 15 years but it was always in dad's name. I took advantage of the amnesty this summer to get it changed over to me once and for all. 

So to finally get the chance to go again after long 9 months was a huge lift for me. I was actually feeling really nervous beforehand, not the usual excitement, but when I got to the ground it was fine. The club laid on free parking so I parked on the official car park at Vernon Sangster. There was a walkway up to the ground from there where you were corralled through to the main stand. Firstly, you had to show your ticket and photo ID. The next person you came to asked if you had filled in your health declaration form (I had, at about 4pm because I had forgotten about it and the club didn't send a reminder out) and the final person verified your seasie number and name. 

When you get a ticket, when these measures are on at that point you're stuck in the ground at that point, you can't walk through past the Kop to go to a chippy or anything. You need to go into the ground. You use Google Pay to access your ticket, press "display code" and put your phone into the space you would your ticket. Worked first time, no problems, very impressed. 

When you get inside, if you're not going to the toilet or the kiosk, you go straight to your seat. There were huge spaces between people and it felt really safe. It was only the usual people kicking off at being told to sit down. I'm personally not arsed about 2000 people being able to stand if they wish but rules is rules and it is what it is. 

As for the performance, wow. So confident and assured. Wolves are no mugs, they are a proper pain to play against but we put it one of our best performances of the season. Midfield completely bossed the game, all of the front three carried a threat and Firmino's link up play continues to improve. Maybe he's coming out of his big dip in form which has haunted him for the last 12 months or so. 

It was just a good night all round. And it's really, really good to have been there and I am already envious of the people who will get to go to the Spurs game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 17

1 hour ago, m0e said:

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

A tall ask, but he better not disappoint us. 

Tough crowd you lot haha...

Anyway..

Can't find the birdseye view for gini's goal, hope this is ok..

bxQsrA2.gif

Kelleher..

3v9QNPA.gif

vSKJKeq.gif

Curtis's pass..

i8re2V4.gif

1 hour ago, Aw Geez said:

@Caramac Where do you get the HD footage of the matches? Do you screen record the live matches then cut them up?

I usually watch the games on my iMac then just fire up the screen recording app for the goal replays. Its ok at the moment for BT and amazon but the broadcasters are finding ways to cut the stream the moment you start recording, i.e sky.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

12 minutes ago, Caramac said:

Tough crowd you lot haha...

Anyway..

Can't find the birdseye view for gini's goal, hope this is ok..

bxQsrA2.gif

Kelleher..

3v9QNPA.gif

vSKJKeq.gif

Curtis's pass..

i8re2V4.gif

I usually watch the games on my iMac then just fire up the screen recording app for the goal replays. Its ok at the moment for BT and amazon but the broadcasters are finding ways to cut the stream the moment you start recording, i.e sky.

That's a top, top save by Kelleher. He had to cover a lot of ground and keep track of the ball. Lovely strike by Gini as well. Every bit as good as son's effort in the spurs game, no doubt where that was ending up when it left his boot. Wish he'd do it more often.

Looks like we have the second-choice goalkeeper we so badly needed. Pretty essential, given Alisson's record in picking up injuries of various types. 

Kelleher will make a bad mistake at some stage like all goalkeepers, and how he recovers will be a whole new test for the lad, but he's been fantastic over the two games.