You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (H) - Premier League - 6/12/20 - 19:15

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

Scholes suggesting other teams to man mark our full backs. Don't think he's got a future in management with tactics like that.

Definitely the kind of fella who'd be really chuffed with his innovative line-up until somebody quietly told him he'd included 12 players. 

The Amazon commentary was a breath of fresh air, albeit it was a bit surreal at times with talk of theme parks for retired referees etc. The Wolves manager's comments then were similarly fresh breathy, no excuses, no gripes, just an honest assessment of his teams performance and held his hands up and admitted that we were just too good for them. Cracking beard too. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Klopp just called the team 'The Group' in the post match interview on LFC TV. He can go in the summer

Noooo! I love the fact he says ‘the boys’ or ‘my boys’ We need to tell him ‘the group’ is not acceptable!

Absolutely flew home there.  It was weird experience but was thoroughly enjoyable.  It was quieter in the main stand but there was defo a feel of everyone was in it together to try and get the atmosphere going.

Coady is one horrible cunt.  His performance last season showed him up but for anyone left giving him the benefit of the doubt it was laid of bare there.  You can understand former players giving 110% against us and maybe even crossing the line with some things but the way he behaves it’s as if he was a born Man United fan.  He goes so far over the line he can’t even see it.

I thought Neco was man of the match.  Laughable yellow card early on and then they switched Traore on him second half and he didn’t put a foot wrong.  The keeper and Jones were class as.  Firmino looks like he’s got his confidence back as well.

• Upvote 2

I can't find any more words for this squad and the set up we have that Klopp has orchestrated. 

Kelleher showed he has even more to his hame than I thought. Robertson is unreal and Neco Williams looks like he can be a proper back up for right back now.

The midfield looks very balanced, largely due to Jones and his ability with the ball.

The centre back pairing are so good. Fabinho - one mistake aside when he went on for a challenge early on instead of staying in his feet - was incredible.

Front 3 were good, but Salah was excellent.  What a player.

Great to see Trent back with an assist and Keita too. We definitely need the numbers.

And finally on Coady. It seems I'm in the minority, but I don't think he 'dived'. I think he anticpated the kick and fell because he changed his body shape to prepare for the impact.

There is a clip that showed his reaction as he went down and it doesn't seem to me he was asking for anything.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Numero said:

One thing is for sure, Traore definitely wasn’t just a purple patch like idiots said he was. He really is the best dribbler in Europe. Absolutely unplayable. 

Shame he wasn’t able to play tonight. 

I genuinely thought he was going to treat Neco like a chew-toy tonight.  Instead, by the time he switched flanks, our little boy was playing with strength and confidence (and with Hendo and Gini protecting him).

5 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I genuinely thought he was going to treat Neco like a chew-toy tonight.  Instead, by the time he switched flanks, our little boy was playing with strength and confidence (and with Hendo and Gini protecting him).

Every time got the ball it was back to his head-down, steam train routine and fucking up the end product. He’s a hell of a runner. 

I don't know where to start really.

This week started with the risk of us feeling sorry for ourselves after Brighton playing two very awkward opponents in Ajax and Wolves. Instead, we got through in the Champions League top of the group with a game to spare and beat a very decent side tonight. The fact we can now recharge the batteries for a week before Fulham is just so huge. The week ends with Naby and Trent back with a few more coming back in the next few weeks. 

Big Bird and Fab are the best centre halves in the league. Two world class defenders. Fab is as good in defence as midfield. A truly majestic player. Matip is a rolls royce of a player as well. The other stars were majestic tonight but Gini was outstanding. A wonderful player. Loved him getting the armband from Hendo.

You know what though; the last few weeks have been about the young lads. Curtis Jones looks like he is going to become one of the best midfielders of his generation. His talent is frightening. The Mancs go on about Foden and Greenwood - both excellent talents especially Greenwood - Jones is on their level and possibly better. Neco was very good tonight and against Ajax. Deserves great credit for that because he was poor against Brighton. Nat Philips playing well when needed. How huge is it to know that if Big Bird need a break, we can call on Phillips at least for certain games.

Final word on Queef. The best goalkeeper in the world is injured and we're left with either Adrian or a rookie against Ajax and Wolves. This lad looks like he has a big future. He's learning off the best. Very calm and composed. Good shot stopper with excellent distribution. He will make mistakes like all goalkeepers but he seems like he can deal with it. That's nearly the biggest quality in a goalkeeper. For months, I was banging on about how we needed a number 2 like Romero. We have our number 2 and it feels great.

Lovely few days heading into the festive season.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Jedd Drudge said:

2000 doing us proud with YNWA there

3 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

I've got a lump in my throat listening to the Kop singing You'll Never Walk Alone again I must admit. 

Applauding the knee was the perfect riposte to the Millwall scum.

Hearing "Fuck the Tories" loud & proud was a great moment, too.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The Amazon commentary was a breath of fresh air, albeit it was a bit surreal at times with talk of theme parks for retired referees etc. The Wolves manager's comments then were similarly fresh breathy, no excuses, no gripes, just an honest assessment of his teams performance and held his hands up and admitted that we were just too good for them. Cracking beard too. 

I watched that and thought the same, hes an impressive fella. Not sure about the beard though.