You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (H) - Premier League - 6/12/20 - 19:15

Bjornebye

That was good, really good....the referee's laughable decision to award them a penalty aside, that was as comfortable a night as you could wish to see against a decent side.

We made them look very ordinary and did so whilst playing within ourselves.

Just the job that.

Great response by the boys to all those pretenders. Once again, we seemed to have the hardest oppos to play this weekend although west ham away can be a toughie.

First half was tight with just a goal to show for it. Thankfully VAR showed that it wasnt a pen but I still think Sadio's attempted challenge by trying to clear the ball over his shoulder as he was falling and an oppo closing in was always risky.

As I said, my stream died before the 'contact' with coady. And while I was refreshing I was thinking the ref's gonna award a pen there so I wasnt surprised to see he had when the stream came back.

But after seeing what welbeck got away with last week, you really cannot blame any player acting like there was contact and claiming the pen. It was about the only thing I agreed with Beglin on.

Second half was a really good performance with 3 more goals to put a better complexion on it. Nice powerful header from Joel and a peach of a pass into the goal by Gini. Sadio wont care whether the final touch came off him or the wolves player. It was one of those go in off your arse type when you need a goal.

Good to see Trent back, Hendo given a rest and even Naby got in on the act. Hopefully he's ok after that big bastard fell on him.

Finally, Kelleher. Was a bit concerned about the lad playing this game but I neednt have been. He was assured in everything he did. The clean sheet was well deserved.

A win, 4 goals, a cleansheet for a rookie keeper and players coming back from injury. Rock on reds.

• Upvote 1