You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fed Ex Import duty tax

dave u

Dave will have to take to his bunker to save himself a wedge. He'll have to keep his iron the door otherwise he'll have to club together with his caddy and that will feel rough. 

7 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Wasting your time asking for help and advice from these fuckers Dave. I fucking swear they like to see someone in a position such as yours just so they can take the piss and squeeze in a few puns.

Best just putt it down to experience mate.

A little green of you expecting anything else there, Mick, but then again, it’s not a fairway to assess this bunch as it’s par for the course round here.

I had this the other week when my lad bought a hoodie from the states. 

apparently you have no choice but to pay the tax element, but unless you have expressly agreed on the admin fee (£12 if I remember) you can tell them to fuck off. 

I emailed them, made it clear I wasn’t paying the £12 and asked for an amended bill. They sent one a week later for the lower amount. 

apparently, they have already paid the tax in order to get it through customs and they add the £12 on for their inconvenience. 

If you don't pay it, it will get passed on to a collection company or court. Its tax. Not worth fucking around over. I've had it on muay Thai gloves I ordered from Thailand years back. Completely forgot and got a letter saying if not paid the fees would get added on

Tell them to fuck off and then buy a cauldron, have it craned on to your roof and start preparing the hot tar. Also relocate your bedding and other essentials on to your roof and live there.

If they then send bailiffs you’ll be in an ideal position to see them off using the threat of a boiling death rain.

If you have a back door you may need to buy twice the materials and also enlist a loved one to help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marko121 said:

I had this the other week when my lad bought a hoodie from the states. 

apparently you have no choice but to pay the tax element, but unless you have expressly agreed on the admin fee (£12 if I remember) you can tell them to fuck off. 

I emailed them, made it clear I wasn’t paying the £12 and asked for an amended bill. They sent one a week later for the lower amount. 

apparently, they have already paid the tax in order to get it through customs and they add the £12 on for their inconvenience. 

Was it broken down into two amounts, the tax and the admin? Mine just says the figure of £22, which I'm assuming is £10 for the tax and then the £12 they added on.

So by that logic I'd only have to pay a tenner, which I still begrudge paying on general principle, but if it keeps them from handing it debt collectors then I suppose I have to bite the bullet.

I tried contacting them through their website, but I couldn't because it wouldn't let me complete the contact form without some reference number which they didn't provide on the letter.

49 minutes ago, dave u said:

Was it broken down into two amounts, the tax and the admin? Mine just says the figure of £22, which I'm assuming is £10 for the tax and then the £12 they added on.

So by that logic I'd only have to pay a tenner, which I still begrudge paying on general principle, but if it keeps them from handing it debt collectors then I suppose I have to bite the bullet.

I tried contacting them through their website, but I couldn't because it wouldn't let me complete the contact form without some reference number which they didn't provide on the letter.

It unravels. Good to see Si back to be fair. 

5 hours ago, dave u said:

Mine was broken down. Like a proper invoice, but the 2nd one they sent wasn’t. I still had the original so knew what it was. 

So you paid thirty knicker for a product and you've realised it was a load of shite and that you've been ripped off? 

Welcome to my world. I just paid £24 for "The Full Monty" and guess what? No sign of a slightly creepy beardy ginge the wrong side of 50. In fact I got nothing of value whatsoever. Total waste of money. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Pretty sure it's only certain types of product that you have to pay import duty on? There's a list on the government's website somewhere, but it's a bit of a nightmare trying to decipher what category your goods are.

I have definitely bought stuff from the US that wasn't subject to any additional charges, tho.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Has nobody asked asked the obvious yet? 'Why do you need a 70 degree wedge when at the very most a pro will use is a 64 degree, usually less though?'

Seemed like a good idea at the time. I watched Rick Shiels testing one out on youtube and I thought "thats a bit of me that is".

Funny thing is I have a 64 and a 60, and I can't use either of them so I should have known really. Live and learn though.

I can the 70 ok from fairway lies (even though a full shot only goes 25 yards!) but for some reason I always get around the green in the semi rough and picture this glorious flop shot in my head where I pitch out out of there, straight up in the air and it lands within a foot of the cup. Then I take the shot, the club slides right underneath it and the ball pops out about two feet. Happens every time.

I think it will be good out of bunkers but I can't be sure because I never go in them. Not because I'm particularly accurate (I miss loads of greens), but there's just this weird anomaly where I maybe have to play one bunker shot every four or five rounds or something. 

• Upvote 1