You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shit that happens now that didn't happen when you were a kid

Section_31

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Nowt s’queer as’folk as they say in that part of the world, so who knows, but it wouldn’t surprise me if some loon was pushing people in the canal, I’d be more surprised by a guy drugging, molesting, raping, filming north of 500 victims in the same area undetected for years...

Anyhow’s, peace, Rico.

Joking aside but the pusher type deaths seem to not be a thing recently (or at least not as reported) 

How mad would it be if old Reynhard turned out to not only the mad bummer but also the pusher!

On 04/12/2020 at 22:51, VladimirIlyich said:

This is what I do. Telly is shite and anything I fancy watching I just watch on catch up or download it on the computer. Television is making itself obsolete by catering for very few parts of the population other than the most stupid. Soap operas,reality bollocks and quiz shows are on 24/7 alongside news programmes intended to be as depressing as possible. I will watch media on my own terms now.

I refuse to watch anything on my phone due to the size of the screen. Even more so when it's UHD, what is the point on a 5" screen to watch it on? This is the reason i've invested in a giant telly*, it's not solely to watch TV programmes on (the only things i do watch "in the moment" is live sport), it's to watch HD films on blu ray or IPTV, Netflix and youtube in 4k (albeit the compressed version), gaming etc.  and appreciate the full majesty of it all. 

*My old one was 49" - hardly tiny, but nevertheless....

9 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

I refuse to watch anything on my phone due to the size of the screen. Even more so when it's UHD, what is the point on a 5" screen to watch it on? This is the reason i've invested in a giant telly*, it's not solely to watch TV programmes on (the only things i do watch "in the moment" is live sport), it's to watch HD films on blu ray or IPTV, Netflix and youtube in 4k (albeit the compressed version), gaming etc.  and appreciate the full majesty of it all. 

*My old one was 49" - hardly tiny, but nevertheless....

I use a laptop with a couple of 21 inch monitors,which is about the size of a portable telly,so that is fine for my watching needs.

"Influencers". Or grifters who want free stuff in exchange for dubious publicity to their followers on Instagram.

Some examples here- https://economicr.com/stories/35-entitled-influencers-who-tried-to-get-free-things/

A number of sites also do something similar- getting freelance journalists to write reviews or articles for free under the guise of getting them 'exposure'. It seems to be particularly rife on gaming blogs.

• Upvote 1

On 02/12/2020 at 09:54, Section_31 said:

Was chatting to someone from ITV recently and they said kids don't watch telly. I was flabbergasted, "What do you mean, they don't actually watch the telly?" "No, they watch Youtube and consume short clips of shit. We're trying to create new content accordingly." 

Fucking hell. 

My 9 year old nephew is always banging on about his favourite YouTubers; to a man, I'd happily trap them in a plummeting lift. He walked in one day proudly sporting a new top, which was apparently "merch" from some annoying American lad.

I was more ashamed than the time he shat himself in Asda.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

My 9 year old nephew is always banging on about his favourite YouTubers; to a man, I'd happily trap them in a plummeting lift. He walked in one day proudly sporting a new top, which was apparently "merch" from some annoying American lad.

I was more ashamed than the time he shat himself in Asda.

Shitting yourself in the Asda is a right of passage. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Shitting yourself in the Asda is a right of passage. 

Repped. I was once barred from a pub for shitting myself two nights in a row. I was embarrassed as a six year old, when I soiled myself and was sent home in a pair of Bionic Woman knickers from lost property, but would have been glad of them on those occasions.

• Upvote 4