You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton 1 Liverpool 1 (Nov 28 2020)

tlw content

"But I don't have to tell you that best of all, Is when we see Liverpool sco-o-o-ore! sco-o-o-ore!".......

As the words of the song go the joy of a goal is the best part of footy.

That joy has been replaced now by sitting hoping some prick in a portacabin just outside London does not find a reason to disallow it.

The Henderson goal ruled out in the derby was the killer for me, the day the music died so to speak....Imagine being at the pit for that and the absolute pandemonium and release of elation you'd be in - only to suddenly have it all mean fuck all/be stopped whilst you wait for someone to draw lines on a screen (you can't see or hear what the fuck is going on with) to find a 10mm 'offside' in the build up.

I hate the generic chant sung by other clubs 'fuck VAR' but i agree 100% with the sentiment.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Butch said:

Another weekend ruined by var the more I think about how it's ruining the game the more pissed off I get. Needs to be scrapped. 

Screenshot_20201130-195452_WhatsApp.jpg

I saw that yesterday, I still don't buy the conspiracy angle but they are amazing stats!

I see that boggle eyed toad Garth Crooks has had a go at Klopp now for his criticism of Wilder! Christ he's a fucking cock!

• Upvote 1

It all started going wrong when keepers weren‘t allowed to pick up back passes, it was mainly introduced to stop possession based teams like us, taking the piss against the long ball FA loving hoof ball teams like Howard Wilkinson‘s Sheffield Wednesday, who didn‘t know what to do with possession. The game got faster, why? What’s wrong with controlled possession? VAR is the final nail in the coffin of football as a spectator sport. With sportwashing, corrupt FIFA and FA, outrageous ticket prices, diving, pointless internationals, (are there any other kind?) TV companies‘ interference, stupid rule changes and the effects of the virus it’s not like the sport was in a healthy state anyway. What sane person is going to want to go to a match when what he saw happen can be changed minutes later by a moron sitting miles away using a randomly functioning video system? I‘m was still seething about the derby, Saturday almost put me in hospital. I can‘t imagine what it must be like if you‘re watching at the ground. When and where will the first VAR riot happen?

• Upvote 5

• dave u unpinned this topic