You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ajax (H) 1/12/2020 - Champions League - 20:00

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, m0e said:

Excellent today, starting with Klopp.

So pleased for Neco, and Curtis is growing into a man with each and every game.

Gini and Hendo are the big boys in the middle, and those 2 centre halves are as good as anything you'll see in Europe.

With them in the side, it becomes much easier for the youngsters to show up. They've been thrown in at the deep end much earlier than expected, and you can see what the experienced lads (coupled with the coaching and confidence that Klopp brings) does for them.

With Kelleher its all about how he recovers from whatever errors he'll experience. Has some quality attributes clearly.

On another note, some of the comments on Mo leave me baffled really. He was a constant menace with his directness and clever runs. Plus, he never hides and works his hairy bollocks off every fucking time. He also created 2 or 3 clear chances for the others with some sharp passing.

You'll all miss him when he's gone.

Yep, and I do wonder whether Mo (or Mane) will be gone in the summer.

I like the way we apprehended this game. It's how I thought we'd play when van Dijk got injured. Sit back more, let the other team have the ball and spring forward when we win it back. It made sense in this one because a draw would have been fine too. 

We should have shredded them on the counter but it was one of those games where Salah and Mane fail everything they try. There were so many smooth transitions in the second half and so many opportunities not taken. 

Only thing I don't like is we bypassed the midfield to a comical degree in the first half. We were hoofing it every time, it was bizarre.