Quantcast
Ajax (H) 1/12/2020 - Champions League - 20:00 - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Ajax (H) 1/12/2020 - Champions League - 20:00

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, an tha said:

Alisson

Williams

Matip

Williams

Robertson

Fabinho

Henderson

Jones

Mane

Firmino

Jota

 

Salah can stay on bench for me after him acting up today.

 

Mane will be fresher after not playing much of today.

Salah has had 2 weeks off and 2 60 min outings. He'll def play and its 5 days to wolves so we should be able to play the 4 of them if necessary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, magicrat said:

Dropping Suzie a tad harsh given she's never had a bad game 

Haha Jurgen called, I’m on standby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Not heard if it has been mentioned on another thread, but the Midget Land game has been moved to Dortmund.

Moved back according to the commentator yesterday on BT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Not heard if it has been mentioned on another thread, but the Midget Land game has been moved to Dortmund.

Dortmund was a suggestion but restrictions on non UK people travelling to Denmark have been eased and the game will be played in their own stadium now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This week's gonna be a fucking struggle. Wijnaldum probably playing his like 11th straight game, no bodies to rotate, no changes to make in any area except maybe up front. This and the Wolves game have real potential to be very bad. Only real positive is Henderson is now fit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4-2-4, Fabinho starts at RB


Alisson

Fabinho

R. Williams

Matip

Robertson

Henderson

Jones

Jota

Mane

Firmino

Salah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have to protect Gini - he's playing far too much football at the moment. Firmino is another who is due a rest. If neither Robertson or Tsimikas can play right back then we don't have a lot of choice but to play Neco Williams again. 

 

Alisson

N. Williams

Matip

R. Williams

Robertson

Fabinho

Henderson

Jones

Mane

Jota

Salah

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a change in formation is beyond necessary for this. Play origi as the lone striker, one roll he can actually play, and play 3 of bobby mane jota and Salah behind. Henderson and Jones in the 2 behind them and a back 4 of Williams fab matip and robbo. 

Keep the back 6 in situ and let the front 4 do the attacking. Less running for the full backs and more protection for the defence. 

We've 5 days to wolves. Give them all 2 days off afterwards and back in on Friday. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, niallers said:

I think a change in formation is beyond necessary for this. Play origi as the lone striker, one roll he can actually play, and play 3 of bobby mane jota and Salah behind. Henderson and Jones in the 2 behind them and a back 4 of Williams fab matip and robbo. 

Keep the back 6 in situ and let the front 4 do the attacking. Less running for the full backs and more protection for the defence. 

We've 5 days to wolves. Give them all 2 days off afterwards and back in on Friday. 

Not a bad shout that....If we are gonna get anything out of Origi then that formation is the one.

 

And it solves some midfield issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I'd rather Origi was nowhere near this to be honest. 

Me too but we may need to try a 4231 to only play 2  proper midfielders as we've none left! By playing the 3 behind origi, we then have 5 guys in the middle of the park as such. Surely klopp haunts the Liverpool way for nuggets of tactical genius that we spew every day. He'll do as he's told

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, niallers said:

Me too but we may need to try a 4231 to only play 2  proper midfielders as we've none left! By playing the 3 behind origi, we then have 5 guys in the middle of the park as such. Surely klopp haunts the Liverpool way for nuggets of tactical genius that we spew every day. He'll do as he's told

Haha. Neco would be sat at the bus stop right now with his boots in a tesco carrier bag. 

 

But this tomorrow is a huge game. Win and we are through, we can rest some of the big players for a full 7 days between Wolves & Fulham. They wont half need it with the xmas schedule coming up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Haha. Neco would be sat at the bus stop right now with his boots in a tesco carrier bag. 

 

But this tomorrow is a huge game. Win and we are through, we can rest some of the big players for a full 7 days between Wolves & Fulham. They wont half need it with the xmas schedule coming up. 

A draw is enough, mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

I thought that about the Barcelona second leg.

I know mate but last week he was disgraceful. If he plays then god I hope he proves me wrong but I just cant see it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I know mate but last week he was disgraceful. If he plays then god I hope he proves me wrong but I just cant see it. 

He just doesn't work in a 433. Against the bitters in the 5.2 he was brilliant with mane and the power cube behind him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Siege mentality lads. Get this done and then regroup for the Wolves game. The right result tomorrow effectively buys us a break next week. 


Go strong and run the bench from 60 minutes, hopefully from a winning position, but keeping Mane or Salah in reserve in case we need to up the ante. 

 

Former Feyenoord and PSV man Gini rested for this? I don't think so. Anyway, the man's a machine. 

 

Alisson, N Williams, Matip, Fabinho, Robertson, Hendo, Gini, Jones, Salah, Firmino, Jota

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Wolves game is more important. Rest Robertson, Wijnaldum. Potentially Fabinho too. Bring Henderson, Jones, Mane back in. A draw is a great result.

Agree with that. Gini especially needs a rest. Tsimikas looks a good player so while he isn't Robbo I think he will be a good squad player. Fabinho is needed big time for the weekend.

 

I wonder will Jurgen go all out for this one though. We get through and we have a week's rest after the Wolves game for Fulham in that pretty much all our players could be rested for the Danes. Some might even be benched for the Fulham game if they need it in light of the Spurs/Palace double header later that week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×