You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ajax (H) 1/12/2020 - Champions League - 20:00

Bjornebye

37 minutes ago, an tha said:

Alisson

Williams

Matip

Williams

Robertson

Fabinho

Henderson

Jones

Mane

Firmino

Jota

Salah can stay on bench for me after him acting up today.

Mane will be fresher after not playing much of today.

Salah has had 2 weeks off and 2 60 min outings. He'll def play and its 5 days to wolves so we should be able to play the 4 of them if necessary. 

We have to protect Gini - he's playing far too much football at the moment. Firmino is another who is due a rest. If neither Robertson or Tsimikas can play right back then we don't have a lot of choice but to play Neco Williams again. 

Alisson

N. Williams

Matip

R. Williams

Robertson

Fabinho

Henderson

Jones

Mane

Jota

Salah

I think a change in formation is beyond necessary for this. Play origi as the lone striker, one roll he can actually play, and play 3 of bobby mane jota and Salah behind. Henderson and Jones in the 2 behind them and a back 4 of Williams fab matip and robbo. 

Keep the back 6 in situ and let the front 4 do the attacking. Less running for the full backs and more protection for the defence. 

We've 5 days to wolves. Give them all 2 days off afterwards and back in on Friday. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, niallers said:

I think a change in formation is beyond necessary for this. Play origi as the lone striker, one roll he can actually play, and play 3 of bobby mane jota and Salah behind. Henderson and Jones in the 2 behind them and a back 4 of Williams fab matip and robbo. 

Keep the back 6 in situ and let the front 4 do the attacking. Less running for the full backs and more protection for the defence. 

We've 5 days to wolves. Give them all 2 days off afterwards and back in on Friday. 

Not a bad shout that....If we are gonna get anything out of Origi then that formation is the one.

And it solves some midfield issues.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I'd rather Origi was nowhere near this to be honest. 

Me too but we may need to try a 4231 to only play 2  proper midfielders as we've none left! By playing the 3 behind origi, we then have 5 guys in the middle of the park as such. Surely klopp haunts the Liverpool way for nuggets of tactical genius that we spew every day. He'll do as he's told

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, niallers said:

Me too but we may need to try a 4231 to only play 2  proper midfielders as we've none left! By playing the 3 behind origi, we then have 5 guys in the middle of the park as such. Surely klopp haunts the Liverpool way for nuggets of tactical genius that we spew every day. He'll do as he's told

Haha. Neco would be sat at the bus stop right now with his boots in a tesco carrier bag. 

But this tomorrow is a huge game. Win and we are through, we can rest some of the big players for a full 7 days between Wolves & Fulham. They wont half need it with the xmas schedule coming up. 

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Haha. Neco would be sat at the bus stop right now with his boots in a tesco carrier bag. 

But this tomorrow is a huge game. Win and we are through, we can rest some of the big players for a full 7 days between Wolves & Fulham. They wont half need it with the xmas schedule coming up. 

A draw is enough, mate.

Siege mentality lads. Get this done and then regroup for the Wolves game. The right result tomorrow effectively buys us a break next week. 

Go strong and run the bench from 60 minutes, hopefully from a winning position, but keeping Mane or Salah in reserve in case we need to up the ante. 

Former Feyenoord and PSV man Gini rested for this? I don't think so. Anyway, the man's a machine. 

Alisson, N Williams, Matip, Fabinho, Robertson, Hendo, Gini, Jones, Salah, Firmino, Jota

17 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Wolves game is more important. Rest Robertson, Wijnaldum. Potentially Fabinho too. Bring Henderson, Jones, Mane back in. A draw is a great result.

Agree with that. Gini especially needs a rest. Tsimikas looks a good player so while he isn't Robbo I think he will be a good squad player. Fabinho is needed big time for the weekend.

I wonder will Jurgen go all out for this one though. We get through and we have a week's rest after the Wolves game for Fulham in that pretty much all our players could be rested for the Danes. Some might even be benched for the Fulham game if they need it in light of the Spurs/Palace double header later that week.