You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Peter Shilton

Carvalho Diablo

I've just seen a millionth repeat of the handball goal and frankly Shilton would do well to shut up and hope nobody mentions it. He is absolutely shit.  He's fast asleep while there's a ball looping into a dangerous area of his penalty box. It's his fuck up and he's spent 34 years blaming others.

Truly, Jordan Pickford is Shilton's heir.

• Upvote 6

I met him at a southampton game years ago. Our company got some corporate tickets in the Mick Channon suite at St Marys (I know) and he was the vip guest to speak after the match. I can't remember the whole of his talk because it was a free bar but I remember him flogging signed pictures of himself off at the end for about 50 quid a pop. Not framed or anything just these A3 sized pictures. Two fellas at our table who were corporate season ticket holders and clearly minted bought one each off him and told me they only did it because they felt bad nobody else was. 

I actually hugged him at the urinal but only because I was pissed and he happened to be stood next to me pissing. "Fucking hell Peter Shilton" grabbed him instead of our pissy hands touching without really thing about it. i wish I'd pissed on his shoes. Bitter racist shit cunt. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Is a disgusting alcoholic drink driving Tory wife beater.

Shit goalkeeper, even worse person.

Fucking shithouse.

Peter Shilton wasn’t as good as Ray Clemence, but he was a fine goalkeeper in his prime.

He comes across as a dick-head, not least on Twitter, and his political views stink. He deserves cristism for drink-driving, his infidelity and, if true, domestic violence. However, in my opinion, using alcoholism as a stick to beat him with is unfair.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

I remember standing on the Kop when he'd not long been caught out, and the Kop leathering him

All you could hear was Tina,Tina,Tina.

Went on for ages.

Yeah on during one of his last appearances for Forest in front of the Kop he gave us all the thumbs up when we chanted that. Everyone pissed themselves laughing.

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah on during one of his last appearances for Forest in front of the Kop he gave us all the thumbs up when we chanted that. Everyone pissed themselves laughing.

Steve Bruce applauding "big fat head" was a highlight as well. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've just seen a millionth repeat of the handball goal and frankly Shilton would do well to shut up and hope nobody mentions it. He is absolutely shit.  He's fast asleep while there's a ball looping into a dangerous area of his penalty box. It's his fuck up and he's spent 34 years blaming others.

Truly, Jordan Pickford is Shilton's heir.

He might be the antithesis of your political views, but holding him responsible for having the ball punched over his head is a really fucking rum do. I would suggest you watch the incident again, as its clearly down to the defence completely losing Maradona.

For the record, I have no love for Shilton and would far rather Clem had earned loads more caps at his expense. But retconning history because you don't like someone is a cunts trick.

Stilton is an appalling person. I have only ever seen him being bitter or complaining in general.

I remember as a kid him moaning that he still had to have another job as football wasn’t paying him enough.

In more recent years he seems to spout off about the FA not finding a way of bringing him into the setup so he can advise them on things, he’s never clear on exactly what, just that he should be given a job. Just an absolute whore for money, he’ll be loving all this with Maradonna, forests worth of trees will have been destroyed to make all the invoices for his appearance fees.

I’ve always thought he looks like Fred West’s brother.

Another absolute dickhead from that team was Terry Butcher. A horrible bitter twat who hates Johnny Foreigner. No doubt voted Brexit and hates Liverpudlians to boot. 

Fair play to Hodge getting that jersey. Feeling agrieved about the match is one thing but he had enough cop to know that he had just played in a game with two of the most famous goals of all time and both scared by arguably the greatest.

Reidy is a good lad even if he's a blue. 

• Upvote 1