Quantcast
What's the most depressing song ever ? - Page 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Colonel Kurtz

What's the most depressing song ever ?

15 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I only found out on here a month or so ago that Elizabeth Fraser sung on Teardrop just after Jeff Buckley (who was her boyfriend at the time) had died. Haunting. 

Absolutely love this. First time I watched the video was after a night out and I was off my face after a few Gary’s. Sat in darkness smoking a fat rolled one with this on the telly was mesmerising. Fraser could sing your shopping list and you’d be hard not to have lump in your throat. 

14 hours ago, Mudface said:

Polly by Nirvana- based on this abduction, torture and rape case- https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=boNOAAAAIBAJ&sjid=ovoDAAAAIBAJ&pg=2585,443174

A Polly Jean classic.

Some brilliant songs mentioned in this thread.

I’d like to add this one.

12 hours ago, aws said:

Terry by Twnkle was actually banned for being too depressing and encouraging suicide. 

I think Ebony Eyes by the Everly Brothers was also banned for being a bit too dark and deathy. Personally, I would have banned it for being poo.

The Terry Jacks' version of Seasons in the Sun has always got me since I first twigged what the song was about. Prior to that I only knew it as the song that footy hooligans used the chorus to when boasting about chasing rivals out of town.

On 27/11/2020 at 17:58, Harry's Lad said:

I think I'll give that one a miss thanks.

The one that really gets to me is Eternal Flame by The Bangles.

It was in the charts at the same time as Hillsborough and never off the radio.

Whenever it comes on, I switch over or off. 

I wasn't there, but I just can't listen to it.

Yeah, I have to do that when the Bangles are on but If I’m on my own, I’ll always leave it on and have a little cry. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, easytoslip said:

Light up light up, whatever its called, give me strength. 

As if you have a choice 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

As if you have a choice 

Not with you there, I've mentioned before about the lad in my local who sings it when it's on and there's another two similar ones he gets into. 

Dreadful. 

3 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Not with you there, I've mentioned before about the lad in my local who sings it when it's on and there's another two similar ones he gets into. 

Dreadful. 

It’s the next line in the song !

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It’s the next line in the song !

Christ is it? I'd rather listen to the theme tune of Robins Nest,apparently written by Richard O'Sullivan himself. 

• Upvote 1