Quantcast
What is the best David Bowie album of all time ? - Page 3 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Colonel Kurtz

What is the best David Bowie album of all time ?

What was the best David Bowie album of all time ?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. These are the top 10

• Station to station
    • Hunky Dory
    • Diamond Dogs
    • Low
    • The man who sold the world
    • Ziggy Stardust
    • Heroes
    • Aladdin Sane
    • Scary Monsters
    • None of the above

17 minutes ago, Mook said:

Station to Station for me although I love David Live & have probably played that one the most over the years.

The Man Who Sold The World was the album that got me into him, Bowie does heavy rock.

David Live is a top shout - the version of Cracked Actor is just ace.. 

Interesting that Let's Dance isn't on the list. I know lots of people don't like that Nile Rodgers sound - but it's his best selling album by far.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, markcd said:

David Live is a top shout - the version of Cracked Actor is just ace.. 

Interesting that Let's Dance isn't on the list. I know lots of people don't like that Nile Rodgers sound - but it's his best selling album by far.

I remember when that album came out, he toured it on the “serious moonlight” I didn’t like it and didn’t for many years but I’ve changed my mind and play it now. “Modern Love” was shite though.

18 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Mullet envy is a terrible thing

ba5db0c7af9ca797b6b7f7b6f0dda284.jpg

David-Bowie-Mullet.jpg?w=980&q=75

labyrinth-david-bowie-mullet.jpg

Bowies mullet was shite, in a mullet comp he would go out in the first round to Limahl or Pat Sharp.

618EE52A-B97E-4B1B-9E95-BFBDF5618EF1.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Just now, Code said:

Bowies mullet was shite, in a mullet comp he would go out in the first round to Limahl or Pat Sharp.

White keks are a sure fire sign of a fucking maniac.

2 minutes ago, Code said:

What are the medallions for Code? Have you both had a placing in dressage? 

11 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

What are the medallions for Code? Have you both had a placing in dressage? 

Haha we won best dress senseof the year.

Think it was 17th of May, 1987.

17th of May is our National day, we have a big celebration with parades all overvthe country.

Constitution of Norway (complete name: Constitution of the Kingdom of Norway; Danish: Kongeriget Norges Grundlov;[1]Norwegian Bokmål: Kongeriket Norges Grunnlov; Norwegian Nynorsk: Kongeriket Noregs Grunnlov) was adopted on 16 May and signed on 17 May 1814 by the Norwegian Constituent Assembly at Eidsvoll. It was considered one of the world's most liberal and democratic constitutions, and it is the second oldest written single-document national constitution in Europe after the Constitution of Poland (3 May 1791), and the second oldest working national constitution after the Constitution of the United States. 17 May is the National Day of Norway.

4856176D-54DA-4B30-BA6D-F98A693687D1.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Code said:

Haha we won best dress senseof the year.

Think it was 17th of May, 1987.

17th of May is our National day, we have a big celebration with parades all overvthe country.

Constitution of Norway (complete name: Constitution of the Kingdom of Norway; Danish: Kongeriget Norges Grundlov;[1]Norwegian Bokmål: Kongeriket Norges Grunnlov; Norwegian Nynorsk: Kongeriket Noregs Grunnlov) was adopted on 16 May and signed on 17 May 1814 by the Norwegian Constituent Assembly at Eidsvoll. It was considered one of the world's most liberal and democratic constitutions, and it is the second oldest written single-document national constitution in Europe after the Constitution of Poland (3 May 1791), and the second oldest working national constitution after the Constitution of the United States. 17 May is the National Day of Norway.

4856176D-54DA-4B30-BA6D-F98A693687D1.jpeg

Thank fuck Dave allowed you back. Superb 

7 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

4F554840-4483-4CC2-8685-62D24AD97DA0.jpeg

Brilliant photo, it reminds me of that Madonna song.

“Strike a pose

Strike a pose

Code, Code, Code

Code, Code, Code”

A better picture of it in all its glory. 

The 80's were something else. 

received_382985896358578.jpeg

received_1284414025270616.jpeg

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Code said:

A better picture of it in all its glory. 

The 80's were something else. 

received_382985896358578.jpeg

I'm trying to work out which Pink Floyd video this is off 

1 hour ago, Code said:

received_1284414025270616.jpeg

That solo you played on Beat It was really good but didn't you die about eight weeks ago?

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Mook said:

That solo you played on Beat It was really good but didn't you die about eight weeks ago?

Code's regenerative powers are the stuff of legend

• Upvote 1

Turned on to The Man Who Sold The World as a 16 year old in 1974, so I have a massive soft spot for it. Also love Space Oddity from 1969 originally titled David Bowie, renamed by RCA in 1972. In reality, I love most if not every one of his albums. It was a sad day indeed when the news guy wept and told us . . .  he was gone.

As for Mick Ronson, Bowie owed a hell of a lot to his underrated guitar & arrangement genius in the early days. Also greatly missed.

Oddity

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Red Shift said:

Turned on to The Man Who Sold The World as a 16 year old in 1974, so I have a massive soft spot for it. Also love Space Oddity from 1969 originally titled David Bowie, renamed by RCA in 1972. In reality, I love most if not every one of his albums. It was a sad day indeed when the news guy wept and told us . . .  he was gone.

As for Mick Ronson, Bowie owed a hell of a lot to his underrated guitar & arrangement genius in the early days. Also greatly missed.

Oddity

Ronson's work on The Man Who Sold The World is superb. Always liked the Original name he had for the album - Metrobolist. Quite cool. 

5 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Ronson's work on The Man Who Sold The World is superb. Always liked the Original name he had for the album - Metrobolist. Quite cool. 

Never knew that. Just googled it and found the brand new 2020 mix of the album on you tube. It’s super clear and Mick’s Les Paul is just sublime.

One of his tricks for his tone, was to fix his wah wah pedal at the point that he liked, and then wedge something in there to stop the pot moving. Used by so many others, including me when we all found out about it.

Here’s the 2020 Metrobolist mix of ‘The Width Of A Circle’. A real treat in headphones.

• Upvote 2

On 28/11/2020 at 00:13, Code said:

So basically Bowie is a bit shit, he does not have any great albums at all, and the only reason he was even in the male tournament is the fact he was English?

Heroic commitment to WUMmerry.

I’ll admit I like a few Bowie songs, The man who sold the World is pretty good, but like most people I like the Nirvana version better.

The amount of views on YouTube tells a story wether people like it or not, when you search for it, this is what you get.

3DC91EC9-57A8-4B6C-BA85-909637F5D017.jpeg

ok - I'll bite.

Why would anyone take YouTube views as any sort of measure of artistic quality? Going by that measure, then the best 5 songs of all time are:

1.    "Baby Shark Dance"[28]    Pinkfong Kids' Songs & Stories    7.31b

2.    "Despacito"[30]    Luis Fonsi featuring Daddy Yankee    7.08b
3.    "Shape of You"[31]    Ed Sheeran    5.08b
4.    "See You Again"[32]    Wiz Khalifa featuring Charlie Puth    4.84b
5.    "Masha and the Bear – Recipe for Disaster"[35]    Get Movies 4.37b

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, markcd said:

ok - I'll bite.

Why would anyone take YouTube views as any sort of measure of artistic quality? Going by that measure, then the best 5 songs of all time are:

1.    "Baby Shark Dance"[28]    Pinkfong Kids' Songs & Stories    7.31b

2.    "Despacito"[30]    Luis Fonsi featuring Daddy Yankee    7.08b
3.    "Shape of You"[31]    Ed Sheeran    5.08b
4.    "See You Again"[32]    Wiz Khalifa featuring Charlie Puth    4.84b
5.    "Masha and the Bear – Recipe for Disaster"[35]    Get Movies 4.37b

Well they got that top 5 spot on.