You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Carole King vs Whitney Houston

Bjornebye

Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Carole King vs Whitney Houston  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Carole King vs Whitney Houston

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/11/20 at 10:08

32 minutes ago, Numero said:

Whitney? I Will Always Love You was a truly great song. Overplayed, sure, but a great song. Run to You? It’s banging. 

She’s not somebody I listen to regularly but she has a long list of absolute smash hits, bags of talent, and has gone down as one of the true greats of her time. I dunno, man. The GF is a hell of a drug. 

Belter that. 

The Bodyguard is a great film. 

1Dgv.gif

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

She was stunning and then she met and married that pond life Bobby Brown.

Still beautiful  and still belting them out but slowly being destroyed. 

Crying shame.

She was an absolutely incredible looking woman.

4 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

She was stunning and then she met and married that pond life Bobby Brown.

Still beautiful  and still belting them out but slowly being destroyed. 

Crying shame.

Bobby gets a rough deal in all of this when he only really liked to have a bevvie and smoke a spliff. She was bang in to cocaine. It even covers it in "Whitney:Can I Be Me"

The biggest culprit in all of this is Clive Davies. Working her like a dog.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Bobby gets a rough deal in all of this when he only really liked to have a bevvie and smoke a spliff. She was bang in to cocaine. It even covers it in "Whitney:Can I Be Me"

The biggest culprit in all of this is Clive Davies. Working her like a dog.

I read somewhere, years ago that he used to knock her around and got her started on crack.

If this isn't true then fair enough, I'll take it back, if it is true, in my opinion, he's pond life as is any 'man' who raises his hand to a woman.

3 hours ago, Mook said:

Her big 80s hits were over-produced dross & she murdered that Dolly Parton song but this one was pretty good.

This one was more heavy on production, but also decent. As for Carole King, the song in the OP is very good.

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Dolly Parton’s “I Will Always Love You” is one of my favourite songs of all time. At the time, I hated Whitney Houston’s version, but in recent years, I’ve come to accept it for what it is, a great but very different version, and quite enjoy her live renditions of it.

Dolly wrote ‘I will always love you’ & ‘Jolene’ in the same fucking day!

tenor.gif?itemid=16297776

Madness.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mook said:

This thread is fucking nuts even by GF standards.

You can only wonder what Carole King would make of it, or Whitney if she was around (wiv da angles now).

In the 80s when Irish sports fans had little to shout about,  this montage with Whitney Houston's One Moment in Time brings a smile. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Razoray said:

In the 80s when Irish sports fans had little to shout about,  this montage with Whitney Houston's One Moment in Time brings a smile. 

Dawn Run rep.

The first lady of Ireland won the 2 mile blue riband Hurdle and then only went and won the 3 mile Gold Cup. 

Never see that done again.

• Upvote 3