Quantcast
Brighton (A) - Premier League - 28/11/20 - 12:30 - Page 13 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Brighton (A) - Premier League - 28/11/20 - 12:30

Thought Wednesday was bad........

it’s like watching Brighton play Brighton.

That midfield has to be changed, none of them are doing what’s expected of them currently, I’d change Minamino for Hendo, who shouldn’t be on the bench if he’s not able to play, and Mane for Neco, put Milner back at full back and drop Firmino into midfield.
Robbo to get forward as much as he can safely. Millie just defend and give Phillips some backup then Hendo and Gini in front of the back line and let the four interchange up front to get the goals we’ll need to get the points.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

How many touches does Minamino need to control the ball

Gini is the worst for it and then ends up shanking an easy pass after it.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I seriously didn’t realise Bobby was playing until he was fouled a couple of minutes ago.

You didnt notice him putting Jota through brilliantly in the second minute? And not the pass for the disallowed goal? He really is invisible I guess then.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Neco is trying to be Trent.

Not enough, for my liking.  He's got into decent crossing positions a few times and then just meekly rolled the ball back for a safe short pass.

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Not a great first half.  I thought it was very sportsmanlike of Maupay to put the ball out for a goal-kick, in recognition of the fact that it was never a penalty.  Some worrying gaps in our back four seem to have closed a bit with Gini dropping deeper, but the front three are getting nothing from the midfield or Williams.

I still think we've got enough quality on the pitch - and some more on the bench - to win this.

It was a clear penalty

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Minamino has been the disappointment here.

He looks out of his depth. Not sure if it is a lack of confidence or playing time, but he's doing himself no favours today.

4 minutes ago, Mike D said:

It shouldn't be done on a paused image, it should be on a moving back and forth clip like in the cricket.

You can see half of the defenders foot, it’s mad. The whole thing is mad. It’s an immaculate system that’s pretending to be accurate. It’s whatever, we just have to get up and win this.

4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I seriously didn’t realise Bobby was playing until he was fouled a couple of minutes ago.

So you missed his pass for Mo's goal?

In regards to VAR, surely some software could be created that can recognise the exact time the ball is released and the exact position of the player receiving the ball. 

Last night on the rugby there was a last minute try which could have been potentially disallowed for offside but the assistant referee didn’t use lines and rulers to find a way to disallow it .

Everything coming down our right hand side, Taki is playing like he doesn’t believe he’s good enough and on this performance he isn’t, same goes for Neco he’s poor, we haven’t got time to carry fucking passengers, the basics have been dreadful from them both lost count how many times they’ve given it away or lumping it away.

Get Mane and Henderson on ASAP.

We really need our midfield options back.

Milner is playing 3rd game in a week and one of them bombing up and down as full back and whilst he is strong as an ox he has to be feeling it at his age.

Wijnaldum has played a ridiculous amount of footy lately and it shows and then we are throwing on either Jones or Minamino...neither are ideal for our midfield.

As a result of all that we are struggling to win enough ball, struggling to pressure ball and cut out balls over top and struggling to get a base in game to link our play.

Just now, Stickman said:

Last night on the rugby there was a last minute try which could have been potentially disallowed for offside but the assistant referee didn’t use lines and rulers to find a way to disallow it .

They give the benefit of the doubt to the on field decision that the ref has made, so if the ref would have given no try it would have been disallowed.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

We really need our midfield options back.

Milner is playing 3rd game in a week and one of them bombing up and down as full back and whilst he is strong as an ox he has to be feeling it at his age.

Wijnaldum has played a ridiculous amount of footy lately and it shows and then we are throwing on either Jones or Minamino...neither are ideal for our midfield.

As a result of all that we are struggling to win enough ball, struggling to pressure ball and cut out balls over top and struggling to get a base in game to link our play.

Good post, those are clear reasons why we’re not performing at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Yep. They've been using that stuff for years and its pretty much always spot on. 

1 minute ago, Manny said:

Point is that you could stop the video and/or draw those lines differently and show that Salah goal onside. It’s just an utter waste of time. If it’s that tight what is the fucking point?

Yep, as Ive said before, looking for excuses to wipe off goals now. Mo might have been offside during the break but when the ball is kicked, he's on in my opinion. They dont use high def cameras for offside and the ball can have moved 20 centimeters between frames.

But it's ludicrous whichever way you look at it. They're using millimeters to rule out goals and we're using millimeters to say it is a goal. Who the fuck voted for that?

This was always going o be a tough game considering the injuries we have. We need to address giving the ball away for fun and at times, Brighton have had 3 strikers up against 2 central defenders.

A couple of players like Taki and Neco look like they're low on confidence but hardly anyone else has covered themselves in glory. Id probably put Milner at RB and take Neco off, bring Hendo on, maybe replace Bobby with Sadio.

1 minute ago, Elite said:

They give the benefit of the doubt to the on field decision that the ref has made, so if the ref would have given no try it would have been disallowed.

Rugby officiating is light years ahead of football and always has been. 

• Upvote 1

I have no problem with it being called offside if it's by the linesman. They have to start earning there money and making a call, if it's a clear error it's overturned but if you are getting lines out it's "umpires call". It doesn't need to be this complicated surely

1 minute ago, Leyton388 said:

Rugby officiating is light years ahead of football and always has been. 

They aren't perfect but far better than this shite. 

1 minute ago, Colt Seavers said:

I have no problem with it being called offside if it's by the linesman. They have to start earning there money and making a call, if it's a clear error it's overturned but if you are getting lines out it's "umpires call". It doesn't need to be this complicated surely

Yeah that is where I’m at also.