You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (A) - Premier League - 28/11/20 - 12:30

Bjornebye

11 minutes ago, skaro said:

You actually can blame them for teaching their players to play the dark arts, depending on how you feel about he ethicality of it.

I'm not a fan of it at all and wouldn't want our player doing it but do you think if you offer Mourinho a cheating 1 nil win with a dodgy var penalty manufactured by Sir Harry King of England and all Nobles Kane than a nil nil he's taking the cheating every single time. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I'm not a fan of it at all and wouldn't want our player doing it but do you think if you offer Mourinho a cheating 1 nil win with a dodgy var penalty manufactured by Sir Harry King of England and all Nobles Kane than a nil nil he's taking the cheating every single time. 

Yeah, Mourinho is.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Buried in the general hoo-ha is how shit Alisson and the goalkeeping analysts are on penalties. Do they ever get one right ?

On the late penno I said to my daughter this guy is not the main taker and the pressure is immense in the 93rd minute so its not going to be a great penalty so wait and see , sure enough right down the fucking middle with Ali managing to get out of the way again.

I've said it before but he'd do better tossing a coin as he might get it right some of the time. 

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Fake news. Couldn't believe that so I looked.

Seems to have faced 7 pelanties in the league during his time here. 3 were scored.

His career says 22 faced - 14 scored.

Surprised by that. Maybe my view is coloured by the penalty shoot-outs we've lost with hardly a save made. 

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

Buried in the general hoo-ha is how shit Alisson and the goalkeeping analysts are on penalties. Do they ever get one right ?

On the late penno I said to my daughter this guy is not the main taker and the pressure is immense in the 93rd minute so its not going to be a great penalty so wait and see , sure enough right down the fucking middle with Ali managing to get out of the way again.

A keeper soon is just going to stand there and catch a ball smacked down the middle.

I think a lot of the time a keeper is better waiting to see which way the ball is going as not many tend to go right in the corner and if they do and are hit well enough you ain't saving them anyway.

2 of the last 3 pens Alli's faced were missed by the taker. It is harsh being critical of him on pens. That said, he doesnt look like getting near any of them, that's why I think both he and the coaching staff should work on this. Maybe the info the coaches give him pre game on pen takers isnt up to scratch but every bit helps.

He did save one not so long ago, forget who it was against.

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

2 of the last 3 pens Alli's faced were missed by the taker. It is harsh being critical of him on pens. That said, he doesnt look like getting near any of them, that's why I think both he and the coaching staff should work on this. Maybe the info the coaches give him pre game on pen takers isnt up to scratch but every bit helps.

He did save one not so long ago, forget who it was against.

Jorginho, wasn’t it ?

• Upvote 1

Saying that I'd rather have the best keeper in the league than the best penalty saver ...

I remember Ipswich's Paul Cooper was fantastic at saving penalties in 1979-80 he saved 8 out of 10 penalties faced....He said he didn't have a technique but once he saved a few he got more confident and then it got in the minds of the player taking them 

We had Clemence though and won the league .  

20 minutes ago, Stickman said:

A keeper soon is just going to stand there and catch a ball smacked down the middle.

I think a lot of the time a keeper is better waiting to see which way the ball is going as not many tend to go right in the corner and if they do and are hit well enough you ain't saving them anyway.

I'm always surprised at the success rate of them cocky paneka lobs down the middle. Its always a gobby twat who does it. If I'm a keeper facing one of them arse-holes I can either make a decision to dive left or right or faint to dive then just catch the soft fuckers lob and throw the ball back at him. They do look boss when they come off like.