You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (A) - Premier League - 28/11/20 - 12:30

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

There's absolutely no reason why the Brighton game couldn't have been the 5.30 kick off rather than Everton V Leeds. Two teams who arent playing midweek European football. 

But it is just Klopp being a moaning German comong over to the Premier League and thinking he can tell everyone else how to run it to his benefit. Mourinho said something similar six years ago when they were playing Atletico Madrid in the Champions league semi final. La liga moved Atletico's game but the Premier league refused to move Chelsea's game.

Cant wait til Kane does his hamstring and Mourinho goes off on one.

BT had the City game immediately after ours. Absolutely no reason why they couldn't have swapped them round because at least City wouldn't have had to travel. 

I’m still fairly pissed off about yesterday. 

That Salah offside is nonsense. Nobody wants these lines drawing. It’s just fucking shit, I hate it and I’ve said it when other teams have scored as well.

I had no issue with the Mane goal being offside. That was reasonably clear, but decisions like the Salah one need an error of tolerance and when in the tolerance level, go with the onfield decision. 

I do think it was a penalty at the end. Welcrap got the ball first, Robbo got none of it & caught him. We’ve seen similar penalties given for tackles on Salah & Mane which we all think were penalties, so need to take this on the chin.

Overall, we didn’t play well enough or do nearly enough to win the game. A draw was probably a fair result. 

2 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

I'm getting to the point now were I could quite happily fuck it all off now I honestly never thought I'd feel like this as I've been watching footy since I was about 5 or 6 but this var bollocks is really turning it to shite for me .

Not being able to celebrate a goal for 10 minutes has certainly killed some of the passion. 

Having now watched the game we were awful. The players selected should still be too much for Brighton even with weak links. Tiredness takes its toll. Honestly with the injuries and fixture pile up I cant see how we truimph this season after 2 seasons of sheer graft and force of will. The lads have been incredible but this season is one kick in the bollocks after another.

3 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

I celebrated the Mané goal, not the Jota one. In the Derby, I didn’t celebrate Salah’s goals but I did celebrate the Henderson goal. In both games when I saw the VAR check on the big moments at the end I was totally relaxed that there was nothing to worry about. What a pile of shite.

That’s funny, I did exactly like you.

As many have said, VAR is killing the game.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Let’s rule out perfectly good goals by a millimetre but allow players diving for pens to be punished by.........awarding pens. They don’t change it soon people will walk away. They have made it worse not better, act on what you see not interpretations.

No one will walk away while we are getting shafted.

7 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

I'm getting to the point now were I could quite happily fuck it all off now I honestly never thought I'd feel like this as I've been watching footy since I was about 5 or 6 but this var bollocks is really turning it to shite for me .

I honestly never thought Id feel like this but with fans being allowed back in stadiums and eligible to apply, Im in 2 minds whether I should not bother.

Shite decisions used to be part and parcel of the game. I admittedly now know VAR is a big mistake. I never envisaged we'd be talking millimeters for being offside. The microscopic investigation into every goal is an utter joke.

Personally, Im like the players, I celebrate the goal as it's scored. It's when I see the VAR 'possible offside' when I start losing it.

The Robbo pen was an utter joke. Two players going for the ball at the same time and their boots touch. Anyone trying to link that to Mo's West Ham pen is having a laugh. They all said THAT wasnt a pen, quick about flip and now Andy's challenge is. Even then, they're completely different. Mo's got control of the ball when he's challenged from behind.

Andy's is virtually face to face and no player has control of the ball. I could even be convinced, reluctantly, that Andy's challenge warranted a pen IF the judgement was applied consistently in games.

Anyone watching tonight arsenal v wolves would have seen, in normal time, the arsenal player step on Traore's foot. He went down and got booked for diving.

OK the ref might not have seen the stepping on Traore's toe but VAR and Andre Mariner most certainly should have. Some say VAR didnt look at the incident but Sky said they did, So how the fuck did we go from one defender touching the striker's boot and that being a pen to the same incident just over 24 hours later and VAR says no pen?!

Im totally baffled. Im as baffled as I am on a wednesday or saturday morning when I find the lottery numbers I was convinced would come up 'this time,' do not. How is one challenge by Andy a pen while the one from the arsenal player which really caused traore to lose balance, not?

Im so fucked off with football right now that if Liverpool said you've 24 hours to renew your seassie or lose it, I honest dont know whether Id care if I didnt bother.

Ove 60 years of paying to watch footie and Im contemplating that. Thanks VAR, Mike Riley et al, you've managed to go and fuck the game I love.

• Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I honestly never thought Id feel like this but with fans being allowed back in stadiums and eligible to apply, Im in 2 minds whether I should not bother.

Shite decisions used to be part and parcel of the game. I admittedly now know VAR is a big mistake. I never envisaged we'd be talking millimeters for being offside. The microscopic investigation into every goal is an utter joke.

Personally, Im like the players, I celebrate the goal as it's scored. It's when I see the VAR 'possible offside' when I start losing it.

The Robbo pen was an utter joke. Two players going for the ball at the same time and their boots touch. Anyone trying to link that to Mo's West Ham pen is having a laugh. They all said THAT wasnt a pen, quick about flip and now Andy's challenge is. Even then, they're completely different. Mo's got control of the ball when he's challenged from behind.

Andy's is virtually face to face and no player has control of the ball. I could even be convinced, reluctantly, that Andy's challenge warranted a pen IF the judgement was applied consistently in games.

Anyone watching tonight arsenal v wolves would have seen, in normal time, the arsenal player step on Traore's foot. He went down and got booked for diving.

OK the ref might not have seen the stepping on Traore's toe but VAR and Andre Mariner most certainly should have. Some say VAR didnt look at the incident but Sky said they did, So how the fuck did we go from one defender touching the striker's boot and that being a pen to the same incident just over 24 hours later and VAR says no pen?!

Im totally baffled. Im as baffled as I am on a wednesday or saturday morning when I find the lottery numbers I was convinced would come up 'this time,' do not. How is one challenge by Andy a pen while the one from the arsenal player which really caused traore to lose balance, not?

Im so fucked off with football right now that if Liverpool said you've 24 hours to renew your seassie or lose it, I honest dont know whether Id care if I didnt bother.

Ove 60 years of paying to watch footie and Im contemplating that. Thanks VAR, Mike Riley et al, you've managed to go and fuck the game I love.

I didn't see the foot-stepping bit, but I watched a few minutes of the Arsenal/Wolves game and saw - guess what - two players in the penalty box swinging their feet at a loose ball and accidentally catching each other.  Neither player squealed or rolled around, so nothing was given or even mentioned. 

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I didn't see the foot-stepping bit, but I watched a few minutes of the Arsenal/Wolves game and saw - guess what - two players in the penalty box swinging their feet at a loose ball and accidentally catching each other.  Neither player squealed or rolled around, so nothing was given or even mentioned. 

You bring me to another thing that has brought refereeing to its lowest standing in a long time. It appears that referees are giving decisions based purely on the reaction of the players,or players whohave allegedly been fouled.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You bring me to another thing that has brought refereeing to its lowest standing in a long time. It appears that referees are giving decisions based purely on the reaction of the players,or players whohave allegedly been fouled.

Yep and this encourages players to go down with the slightest contact in the box. Even more so than before. You cant blame managers for teaching their players to play the dark arts because ultimately it's going to gain you points. It's a fucking hit show. Zero consistency. 

52 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yep Ive noticed this more. Whether that's because there's no fan noise but they are shouting for every fucking thing.

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep and this encourages players to go down with the slightest contact in the box. Even more so than before. You cant blame managers for teaching their players to play the dark arts because ultimately it's going to gain you points. It's a fucking hit show. Zero consistency. 

You actually can blame them for teaching their players to play the dark arts, depending on how you feel about he ethicality of it.

Buried in the general hoo-ha is how shit Alisson and the goalkeeping analysts are on penalties. Do they ever get one right ?

On the late penno I said to my daughter this guy is not the main taker and the pressure is immense in the 93rd minute so its not going to be a great penalty so wait and see , sure enough right down the fucking middle with Ali managing to get out of the way again.

• Upvote 1