You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (A) - Premier League - 28/11/20 - 12:30

Bjornebye

12 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Names, faceless fucks sat in a room being paid by Abu Dhabi to make decisions against us with impunity. No need to justify any decisions these corrupt cunts make. It's a farce.

It's not an anti-Liverpool conspiracy. 

As if the incompetent nobheads could organise a conspiracy if they wanted to.

• Upvote 1

We have had the toughest start of any team. We are top. 

We have had a lot of injuries but now we have Trent, Hendo and hopefully Thiago back.

The injuries are adding up but other teams will get them.

Regarding the CL, we should qualify regardless so the priority has to be the league.

I make us slight favourites, but only for bad luck and bad refereeing we would be strong favourites.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Here y'go.

An attacker in control of the ball and shielding the ball gets kicked by a  defender.  That's a penalty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfEFF6oi184

Today we had a loose ball and an attacker and defender both going for it with their feet at a safe height; the attacker gets the ball first and the defender catches the attackers foot.  That's never a foul in a contact sport.

I dunno......personally think it’s a definite penalty and one we’d be sickened not to get at the other end. Although Welbeck wasn’t in control of the ball he still got there first and Robbo has swung his foot a split second too late and kicked his foot. 

Having Phillips, Rhys Williams with Matip and Fabinho playing CB isnt going to stop us retaining the title. We could have had Virgil and Joe out today and possibly the whole game against everton and it wouldnt have changed the shit decisions we've had from VAR.

We've had 4 points taken off us for frankly diabolical decisions. Ive no problem with the pen Neco gave away, that's clear and obvious. Until I see it again, Im of the opinion Mo was onside for his. Sadio's I didnt see the replay but by all accounts that was clear.

But fuck me, giving a pen for that where two players boot's make contact with each other? Fuc-k-ing joke and I look forward to us being awarded a shitful of pens for the rest of the season for similar challenges on our players.

Makes that challenge on Naby against Leicester 2 seasons ago even more laughable for not being given when you see that absolute shitfest today.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Having Phillips, Rhys Williams with Matip and Fabinho playing CB isnt going to stop us retaining the title. We could have had Virgil and Joe out today and possibly the whole game against everton and it wouldnt have changed the shit decisions we've had from VAR.

We've had 4 points taken off us for frankly diabolical decisions. Ive no problem with the pen Neco gave away, that's clear and obvious. Until I see it again, Im of the opinion Mo was onside for his. Sadio's I didnt see the replay but by all accounts that was clear.

But fuck me, giving a pen for that where two players boot's make contact with each other? Fuc-k-ing joke and I look forward to us being awarded a shitful of pens for the rest of the season for similar challenges on our players.

Makes that challenge on Naby against Leicester 2 seasons ago even more laughable for not being given when you see that absolute shitfest today.

The lack of Van Dijk directly led to two goals from crosses against Everton 

18 minutes ago, A_S said:

Nobody will convince me that they know the precise moment the ball leaves the boot. As such, they can't then base an entire decision on such a flimsy piece of evidence. It is by far and away the worst element of VAR in its current diabolical form. 

In the Champions league, they never measure offside to the tiniest micrometre with VAR. They usually have benefit of doubt decisions go the way of the striker. 

But the world's bestest league love to do things differently, don't they?

Kicking an opponent is only a foul if the ref thinks it's careless, reckless or with excessive force. Presumably the VAR ref thought it was careless but how can you say it was a clear and obvious error that the match ref didn't think so at the time. 

Here is the full transcript of the Liverpool manager's interview with Kelly.

Des Kelly: “James Milner, hamstring, is it? 

Klopp: “Yeah. Congratulations. 

DK: “Not me, personally? 

JK: “No, but you work for them. Hamstring, surprise, and they had injuries as well. But ask Chris Wilder how we can avoid that.

DK: “Maybe you’re firing at the wrong target. We are broadcasters, we abide with the Premier League rules and the Premier League makes the rules. Shouldn’t you be talking to the Premier League? 

JK: “I don’t know how often I have to say it, but you picked the 12:30 kick-off, not you personally, but you did it! Us on 12:30, between now and New Year, there’s one more Wednesday and then Saturday 12:30. 

DK: “But you’re saying we picked the 12:30, it’s a Premier League slot. 

JK: “I’ve told you now a couple of times, these are difficult times. 

DK: “I know they’re difficult times - the stadium is empty! Of course it is. The broadcasters are supporting the game. 

JK: “Yeah, if we play at 5:30, or 3pm, it’s exactly the same. 

DK: “That has different ramifications. Your chief executive should be with other chief executives to discuss this. If you come down here and just have a go at the broadcasters, it’s not gonna change anything. 

JK: “I’m just saying it how it is. 

DK: “You’re saying it’s criminal. 

JK: “Yeah. After Wednesday, Saturday 12:30 is really, really dangerous for the players. You don’t do that often.

DK: “Who’s to say the broadcasters don’t care and that’s the problem? That isn’t the problem. 

JK: “Why did you pick us against Crystal Palace then, if you care? 

DK: “I didn’t pick it, but every pick is picked by the Premier League. 

JK: “It’s such a special season, we agreed in another time. Yes, we did. 

DK: “No, no, no. If it’s all about player welfare, then why did the Premier League clubs lock the five substitutes?

JK: “That’s very interesting, but when we had the talk between the managers a week ago now, I think, it was 15-5, maybe 16-4, for five subs now. Since then, nothing happened because you need 14 votes because Chris Wilder says constantly I’m selfish, so I think all of the things he’s said shows that he’s selfish but it’s not too important. I was in a similar position than he is when I was at Mainz when it was all about staying in the league. If you can’t do five subs, for example, if we had five subs today, I take off Robbo and bring Kostas on to save Robbo, not to make our game better, just to save him and that’s the situation. It’s not about changing tactics, or the system, all this kind of thing, it’s not like this. It’s just to save the players. From now on, we will see what happens.

DK: “We agree with you and I understand what you’re saying, but you’re actually going about it in a strange way. You’re attacking the broadcasters, instead of getting the support you need in the Premier League meeting. 

JK: “I only go for broadcasters with a Wednesday and 12:30 and seven managers have a similar problem and they all agree. I wanto to stop doing it because it doesn’t help, but the problem is whoever signs the contract. Yes, our shareholders or whatever did that, that’s true. It’s a problem but in this season, it’s a bigger problem because of no pre-season, because of intensity and all this kind of stuff. It’s not okay. We’ve had this slot three times, I spoke a lot about it. Look at who else had it three times - nobody. It’s a problem for me to pick a team. 

DK: “We can’t change it, but you have to change it via the boardroom we’ve spoken about. But we could probably go on forever.”

Just now, aws said:

Kicking an opponent is only a foul if the ref thinks it's careless, reckless or with excessive force. Presumably the VAR ref thought it was careless but how can you say it was a clear and obvious error that the match ref didn't think so at the time. 

Spot on. His judgment at something he saw clearly has to all intents and purposes been overruled. A coming together where both players go for the ball and neither gets it isn’t a foul.