You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (A) - Premier League - 28/11/20 - 12:30

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Here y'go.

An attacker in control of the ball and shielding the ball gets kicked by a  defender.  That's a penalty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfEFF6oi184

Today we had a loose ball and an attacker and defender both going for it with their feet at a safe height; the attacker gets the ball first and the defender catches the attackers foot.  That's never a foul in a contact sport.

There’s no similarity between the incidents. Mo got taken out, Welbeck gets a faint touch, stays on his feet and hurls himself over moments later 

8 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

You can’t say that, way to early to write us off. It’s a long journey , we’re still good and better than every one else . 

We're not going to top the 97 and 99 points of the last two seasons.  Fortunately, we don't need to.  We just need to be better than everybody else and I reckon we can do that.

Useless officials hiding behind VAR have robbed us of 4 points so far and fixture congestion has caused us to miss players, but other teams will also be robbed of points and players, too.

• Upvote 1

The fuck head on BT saying 'You're getting paid for it, so get on it with it' probably says the same to the rent boys he beats up after he fucks them.

Time for the so called big six to exercise their power, get together with Europe's best and form that long forecast Super League. Leave the Premier League with the second tier teams and the elite's junior players.

• Upvote 1

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

We're not going to top the 97 and 99 points of the last two seasons.  Fortunately, we don't need to.  We just need to be better than everybody else and I reckon we can do that.

Useless officials hiding behind VAR have robbed us of 4 points so far, but other teams will also be robbed of points, to.

It’s a bit more of a lottery though. I’ve been saying all season 90 points will probably win it, 85 might even be enough. That’s why having 4 points deducted by the FA at the end of matches in which we’ve scrapped hard despite injuries hurts so much.

Football is way in the back burner for me at the moment for reasons a lot know. The current situation with Refs and VAR is beyond belief and stinks to high heaven. The thing for me though is the same players always hogging the physios table, easier said than done but we have to move them on. A few are top players but of no use if never fit, we cannot rely on Matip( great player) Gomez, Keita, Chamberlain and Shaqiri. Henderson is getting more injuries now, Milner is ageing and one of the players with a great fitness level looks like he is off on a free. Jurgen needs to work his magic and a bit of luck might help. But what do I know.

It wont be 'luck' that determines who wins the title this year. Neither can I agree with anyone saying we wont win it either.

But like I said, it's a lottery now. The whole thing is shit now. Players know about VAR that's why they all shout loudly for handball whenever the ball is anywhere near a defenders arm whether it's in a natural position or not. The ref might wave play on but some sad sack sat in Stockley Park has minutes to review.

Fuck me, they've said refs go look at the monitor now but how come they are all overturning their original decision? Where's the clear and obvious error?

If refs are going to give pens for that incident with Robbo, Im on that particular bus if it's applied across the game. But it wont be because we'll have the same fucking thing in the box and even VAR will wave play on.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

There’s no similarity between the incidents. Mo got taken out, Welbeck gets a faint touch, stays on his feet and hurls himself over moments later 

Exactly.

Those who are comparing the Welbeck incident to Salah's are plain wrong. Salah was in full control of the ball. Welbeck wasn't. It was more or less a 50/50 and a very dubious penalty to give. Especially when the ref saw it and didn't give it in the first place.

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Can loads of you stop being absolute whoppers. Top of the league with everything thats gone against us. This title is ours. Enjoy it, soak it up. Its annoying, its fucking frustrating at times seeing decisions like this but we are seeing the best Liverpool side in generations and some of you just constantly give players etc down the banks. Fuck off and support someone else you shitbags. 

So which club do you support following your "Firmino looks like he won a competition to play for the club"comment?

I'm being a dick obviously but I do think you are right there is a difference between having frustrations with how someone is playing in a game and having what seems a Vendetta for want of a better word for certain players in this team. We do need to remind ourselves at times how lucky we are to have this squad of players, and I include myself in that.

Let's all hold a vigil for gini. We're dropping like flies in there and with Milner out, who the fuck plays full back on Tuesday?  Big horrible wolves next weekend also and that will be another grind. Its a tough watch lately and I'm amazed that we are still up there fighting at the top given the injuries we have. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, torahboy said:

The fuck head on BT saying 'You're getting paid for it, so get on it with it' probably says the same to the rent boys he beats up after he fucks them.

Time for the so called big six to exercise their power, get together with Europe's best and form that long forecast Super League. Leave the Premier League with the second tier teams and the elite's junior players.

The logic of having no health and safety in a workplace. You're getting paid! so you don't need protection... hey driver you will drive for 16 hours straight youre getting paid shut the fuck up.

Be interesting to see if the narrative to Wellbeck feeling a touch and going down recieves the same treatment Salah did.

14 minutes ago, Elite said:

Des Kelly?

They seem to have got on quite well in the past but he's definitely burnt his bridges now.

He'll be the hero who stood up to the bully Klopp and he'll get abuse on Twitter, etc... Klopp is completely in the right but in terms of optics, we'll look terrible. Lineker is already shilling for him and BT. 

3 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Exactly.

Those who are comparing the Welbeck incident to Salah's are plain wrong. Salah was in full control of the ball. Welbeck wasn't. It was more or less a 50/50 and a very dubious penalty to give. Especially when the ref saw it and didn't give it in the first place.

The last point is the key one. The ref sees it right in front of him. Seeing it again in a video doesn’t help. He wasn’t unsighted. He made a decision. He is then told by someone else that his decisions - competently made - is wrong and reconsiders it watching it slowed down minutely. In effect he has been told to overrule himself.

Nobody will convince me that they know the precise moment the ball leaves the boot. As such, they can't then base an entire decision on such a flimsy piece of evidence. It is by far and away the worst element of VAR in its current diabolical form. 

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

@Tony Moanero

I put away a whole box of after eights during that shit. As I did so I couldn’t help but wonder what’s the most amount of boxes you’ve ever polished off in a single sitting (month year and any other memorable context please) and do you still painstakingly cut each individual after eight up with a knife and fork?

I don’t eat lot of chocolate nowadays, but dread to think how much I’ve put away over the years. I’m very partial to After Eights, though. They have to be refrigerated, and I cut each one in half.

A couple Christmases ago, I ate a 650g tub of Quality Steet, saving the strawberry creams for my wife, I’m nothing if not generous, a three pack of M&S Walnut Whips and a white Twix Xtra before dinner. I saved the box of Elizabeth Shaw Mint Crisps for immediately after dessert, as I’m not an animal.

One of my fondest Christmas memories is Christmas Eve 1985. Watching the Snowman, whilst drinking Coca-Cola from glass bottles and eating mint Matchmakers, liberated from the warehouse my dad’s mate worked in.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The logic of having no health and safety in a workplace. You're getting paid! so you don't need protection... hey driver you will drive for 16 hours straight youre getting paid shut the fuck up.

Be interesting to see if the narrative to Wellbeck feeling a touch and going down recieves the same treatment Salah did.

Even with Wellbeck saying it was a dodgy call I can't imagine that our sports media 'experts' will argue with the decisiion.

It would be an absolutely staggering achievement to win the title with our injury problems/the schedule.

The team we put out today in the cold light of day is nowhere near a title winning one....you wouldn't fancy it to finish top 6 if it was our team every week.

Now of course it won't look like that every week.

Trent, Thiago, Henderson for starters will all come back into the starting line up.

But the centre half situation is really troubling - two have your two first choice centre halves both out for the season is shockingly bad luck and i just can't see how any team could cope and win a title with it....especially given all they have left is a very unreliable centre half fitness wise, a converted midfielder and kids.

It has to hurt us and it will.

Phillips, Rhys Williams and Neco Williams shouldn't be anywhere near our starting line up - that isn't a knock on them, they may develop and become good players, but they are in because we have an injury crisis and they are not at the level of playing for a title challenging side.

11th different pairing today at centre half....that is insane...may be a record.

We've also lost the scoring of about 5 goals off corners over season from big Virgil being out.

The midfield that started today was desperate....Thiago injured, Hendo only on bench, Fabinho having to play at centre half - leaving us having to play a 34 year old Milner for 3rd time in a week including one of those games playing bombing up and down at RB, and look how his afternoon ended....Wijnaldum playing about his 20th game in last month and looking like it, and a toss up between Minamino and Jones - neither of who would be anywhere near our midfield in our best XI.

As a result we failed to win enough ball in 1st half, failed to retain it and link play enough when did have it and failed to put enough pressure on ball to stop balls over top that they kept playing in behind us.

It improved when Hendo came on of course...which is whole point!

With Trent out we lose all our attaking width down one side and as seen in midweek we lose it down both sides when both out.

Now of course we won't have all these players injured all season but list seems to be getting longer each week and we are walking a tightrope - can we hang in until it improves and can we add in Jan are the big questions for me.

We do know we have a great spirit and mentallity and winners in team and a winner in charge of us - but with the way the cards have fallen for us it is going to take a super human effort to retain this title.

Can we do it? Yeah...Will we? - i wouldn't bet on it personally, it just feels like the injuries and the schedule will continue to fuck us...

Of course it is still early in season and loads of footy to be played and other teams surely will suffer too and we are at worst what 2 pts off top by end of this weekend...which is fuck all - it is not as if we are floundering in mid table....but i just find it hard to believe that our centre half and midfield situation isn't gonna undo us in the end.

Oh and VAR can go and fuck itself.

• Upvote 5