You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (A) - Premier League - 28/11/20 - 12:30

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Tell you one thing for certain I won't be paying to go the match anymore when fans are allowed back in. No fucking way am I paying £50 to £60 for a ticket to watch VAR ruin the game and take the excitment out of footy. 

I used to go to plenty of games throughout the season and also was in the auto Cup Schemes for the cl and cups. 

Fuck that right off now. Glad I also cancelled my sky subscription and just got a firestick. 

Not paying to watch that shit week in week out. 

Yeah jibbing going the match as well.

Can't celebrate a goal anymore - look at the salah one today....then have to stand around clueless to what is happening.

Look at that pen today....in ground you'd be utterly clueless as to what was happening after it.

At least at home can sit in silence and wait whilst watch lines being drawn on screen etc before being allowed to feel happy if they can't find a way to disallow a goal.

12 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

It's a fucking pen. Why can't you see this? If it was done against any of our players, you'd be screaming pen.

I can see why it was given but Friend doesn’t give that to us and that’s the problem. I think Klopp needs to go down the Ferguson route, make the fuckers terrified of making a decision against you, slaughter them in interviews and fuck the fines use the English players and pull them with “niggles” whenever the bastards shaft you. The shithouses will soon fall in line, just as they did with Ferguson.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Can loads of you stop being absolute whoppers. Top of the league with everything thats gone against us. This title is ours. Enjoy it, soak it up. Its annoying, its fucking frustrating at times seeing decisions like this but we are seeing the best Liverpool side in generations and some of you just constantly give players etc down the banks. Fuck off and support someone else you shitbags. 

Half agree with you. We’re top and should be 5 points clear but for Stockley Park sticking their fucking beak in. But it’s hard to see us not dropping a lot of points over the next 6 weeks or so and winning it again is going to be really tough.

I’m totally with you on people getting at the players and manager though. To go away in the league, score two legitimate goals and only concede to a fabricated pen with the team we had to put out is a good showing. Massive balls. Friend doesn’t want to be the story and it’s all mentality monsters again.

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Can loads of you stop being absolute whoppers. Top of the league with everything thats gone against us. This title is ours. Enjoy it, soak it up. Its annoying, its fucking frustrating at times seeing decisions like this but we are seeing the best Liverpool side in generations and some of you just constantly give players etc down the banks. Fuck off and support someone else you shitbags. 

We're not winning the title. Too many injuries and you can see it's one, affecting the performances, and two, a huge topic of frustration within the club. 

A fair result.

We were nowhere near our best, especially in that first half. Great assist from Bobby to put Mo through, but the goal got ruled out for the finest of offsides. It looks like the right call on this occasion if that's the margin they want to use with VAR. Certainly I wouldn't call it controversial like the one at Goodison was (or shit, which is what the one at Goodison actually was). Sadio had one ruled out in the second half and that was the correct call.

Both Brighton penalties were the correct calls, though frustrating in their own way. Neco did what so many of our young players do (even in reserve and academy games). They overcompensate after an initial mistake, and just exacerbate the problem. While you can't fault the effort to rectify things, the lack of critical thought can be questioned. Maupay put it wide anyway. Brighton had another earlier chance which Connelly put wide after getting clean through.

It was the softest of touches on Welbeck by Robbo, and Welbeck in true Zaha style made sure he was looking at the ref as he went down. The ref didn't initially give it but to his credit, at least went over to have a look for himself on the VAR screen. Yes the decision went against us and Gross despatched the penalty to secure a point, but that is how I want VAR to be used.

I didn't think we did enought to keep the ball and make it stick in the final third. Diogol's effort was extremely well taken but it was the only real effort of note from us in that second half (Sadio's disallowed goal aside). Sadio never got into the game after coming on as a sub, Bobby and Diogol faded in and out, and Taki had only one moment where he broke the lines. The defender stepped in to clear before he could get a shot away.

We are clearly trying to manage the workload on our players, and it's understandable with the tight schedule and the fitness concerns, but we've really lacked intensity and incision in these past two matches.

Milner was the latest to suffer a muscle injury, and both Maupay and Lallana had to come off for Brighton with muscle injuries. Lallana had only been on the pitch for about 10 minutes. This just highlights the problem the authorities and the TV companies do not want to resolve. What's the point of matches scheduled for Asian prime time when the quality of the matches are mediocre at best, and players are dropping like flies because of the quick turnaround between matches?

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

We're not winning the title. Too many injuries and you can see it's one, affecting the performances, and two, a huge topic of frustration within the club. 

Going to end up with a no mark club like Tottenham winning at this rate.  Hope not or the Scum as the officials are determined to give them a pen a game minimum.

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

This interviewer is a bit of a knob. Deck him Jurgen! 

Jurgen is gaining nothing from this. This is Brexit Britain and he's a Liverpool manager.

Ole (a foreigner but part of the furniture) says this and it's great management according to Joe Cole. Frank Lampard does it and it's his growing maturity.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

I can see why it was given but Friend doesn’t give that to us and that’s the problem. I think Klopp needs to go down the Ferguson route, make the fuckers terrified of making a decision against you, slaughter them in interviews and fuck the fines use the English players and pull them with “niggles” whenever the bastards shaft you. The shithouses will soon fall in line, just as they did with Ferguson.

Same.

If Friend gives it fine, but VaR has stepped in and effectively overruled him.

This is only supposed to happen on a clear and obvious error.

• Upvote 1