You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (A) - Premier League - 28/11/20 - 12:30

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, M_B said:

Of course it was a pen. If he'd gone down on the spot then it would have been awarded immediately. He missed the ball and kicked him. Mo would have gone down immediately and we'd have all screamed penalty.

Was it fuck. And if you think Mo would have got a pen for that, you're having a bit of a mare because he gets fuck all.

Would I have screamed penalty for that? Not a chance. But I might as well seeing as that was given.

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

Of course it was a pen. If he'd gone down on the spot then it would have been awarded immediately. He missed the ball and kicked him. Mo would have gone down immediately and we'd have all screamed penalty.

It isn't a foul....it is two players attempting to kick a ball neither has control of and as a result ones foot contacts the others.

Not a foul.

4 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

Because it’s not a pen you controversialist loon

Welbeck got kicked. It's all subjective, but I'm not sure what's so controversial about them getting a pen for that. Welbeck actually does us a favor by limping away for a few seconds. If he went down right away, the ref would have called it right away. 

Can loads of you stop being absolute whoppers. Top of the league with everything thats gone against us. This title is ours. Enjoy it, soak it up. Its annoying, its fucking frustrating at times seeing decisions like this but we are seeing the best Liverpool side in generations and some of you just constantly give players etc down the banks. Fuck off and support someone else you shitbags. 

• Upvote 2

Tell you one thing for certain I won't be paying to go the match anymore when fans are allowed back in. No fucking way am I paying £50 to £60 for a ticket to watch VAR ruin the game and take the excitment out of footy. 

I used to go to plenty of games throughout the season and also was in the auto Cup Schemes for the cl and cups. 

Fuck that right off now. Glad I also cancelled my sky subscription and just got a firestick. 

Not paying to watch that shit week in week out. 

• Upvote 1

Utter shit first half and fairly poor second.

A point was probably the maximum we deserved.

With our style of play it’s pure logic that the ridiculous fixture list hits us hard, intensity is completely gone.

And the rotation Klopp is doing is of course  an absolute necessity, we would have even more injuries if he didnt.

14 minutes ago, John102 said:

Robertson kicked his foot. 

Don't think it's controversial myself. Shit, but there you go. 

We wouldn't get it for sure. 

Welbeck wasn't in possession of the ball though. Ref saw it and let it go. It wasnt a clear and obvious error.

We have been fucked over too many times this season by VAR. And you're right, that won't have been given to us if it was the other way round. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

Main takeaway from the past 2 matches has been that December is going to be absolutely brutal for us. 

We have 8 midfielders and somehow Wijnaldum has had to play every single game for a whole month. Club and country. It's crazy. 3 injuries in total in this game too. All very normal. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Can loads of you stop being absolute whoppers. Top of the league with everything thats gone against us. This title is ours. Enjoy it, soak it up. Its annoying, its fucking frustrating at times seeing decisions like this but we are seeing the best Liverpool side in generations and some of you just constantly give players etc down the banks. Fuck off and support someone else you shitbags. 

Bizarre post consider the decisions in that game. And we wont be top of the league with more shit decisions like today, everton away and other. united will have more chance of winning the title going on what they're being given.

Honestly, Im completely at a loss how anyone thinks that is a penalty. Was the Brighton player in control of the ball? No. Was he hindered in getting to the ball? No.

All he did was buy a ticket in the lottery with his scream and theatrical fall down. Wish I had his luck with my ticket last night, Id be sat on 144m, wasnt it?

• Upvote 1

People seem to be completely blinded by emotion.  It was a definite penalty.  It’s not like Robertson has tapped him.  He’s tried to twat the ball away as hard as he can and full on booted Welbecks foot a split second after Welbeck touches the ball.  It was stupid from Robbo and uncharacteristic but these things happen when you are under loads of consistent pressure.  We battered a far better side last week because our front 3 were brilliant.  They weren’t today and that put pressure on a cobbled together defence.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Top of the league when no other team around us has played yet? fucking everton that 

8 minutes ago, The Guest said:

We’ve half arsed both games and got fucked in both of them.  We should have completely fucked that game off in midweek.  We play shit sometimes when Mane starts but we always play shit when he doesn’t.  He needs to play the league games.

Salah is a knobhead and needs dropping for reacting like that.  He thinks he’s bigger than the club and should be managed differently to everyone else.

Agree on first point.  He needs to make a stand on player welfare, and I don't mind if he drops the CL and the FA Cup to do that.  Only problem being the CL squad is predetermined. 

Second point nah, he always sulks, and I don't think Klopp is arsed and neither is Mo 10 mins later, just a short term tantrum. 

Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson, speaking to BT Sport: "It was ours. It should be three points, in my opinion. I’ve seen the replay. Who would be happy? It’s not a pen. It feels like we’re standing here every week and discussing incidents. I don’t want to get into trouble, but for me it’s not a penalty.

"Danny Welbeck said to me it wasn’t a penalty. There were four or five of them who felt it wasn’t a penalty. To overturn it, it has to be clear and obvious. Is that a clear and obvious penalty, to go to the screen and overturn it. Obviously the referees know better than us, but I thought the lads were brilliant today and deserve the three points.

"In the first half there were things we could improve on, in the second half we did that. We had a couple of goals ruled off for offside. Overall we’ve got to be positive and take the performance out of it, because the result isn’t anything else but an error in my option. You’d rather get beat by two or three than end up like that. It feels like two points taken away from us."

• Upvote 2