You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (A) - Premier League - 28/11/20 - 12:30

Bjornebye

VAR is a decent system, it’s the interpretation that’s giving it a bad name.

The interpretation has been so bad, in both actual incident and spirit of the game, that we all would likely have been better off without it.

Having an idiot looking it at numerous times and slowed down in Stockley Park as opposed to an idiot on the pitch making the decisions in real time is still having an idiot making the decision.

The money would have been better spent getting in officials from Europe who are better at the job, or finding officials in this country who are.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Minamino is like Keita in that, when I see him on the teamsheet, I expect nothing from him and assume it's only a matter of time until he's hooked. That's when you know it's time to ship someone out. Even in a league cup game, I wouldn't be optimistic.

Minamino makes Aspas look like a prime Schwarzenegger. At least with Keita you migjt get a goal.

24 minutes ago, Manny said:

Point is that you could stop the video and/or draw those lines differently and show that Salah goal onside. It’s just an utter waste of time. If it’s that tight what is the fucking point?

I soon as they started drawing lines I knew it would be ruled off.