You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (A) - Premier League - 28/11/20 - 12:30

Bjornebye

---------------------Allison------------------------

Milner-------Philips-----Matip-------Robbo

-------------------Fabinho-----------------------

----------Gini--------------------Thiago???--------

----Mane-----------Firmino------------Jota--

Our pressing game was non-existant tonight. We need to get our energy levels back asap. Think it's the first time I've seen us that lethargic under Klopp. Our first corner was in the 62nd minute. To be expected with a drop-off with games coming thick and fast, disappointing nonetheless....

Luckily we can start with our front 3 (or 4 with Jota). Bobby has to start up top for me, he reads the game better than Mo/Sadio in terms of when to start the press. I'd actually rest Salah for a bit in this one as well. He can earn his place back after his shenanigans. Lets hope one of Thiago and Ox are ready, we could do with some fresh legs atm....

• Upvote 1

Klopp slaughtering BT:

Easier to talk about a good game. We had moments but not real chances. It could happen to other teams. You ask us to go Saturday at 12:30, which is nearly a crime. That is nothing to do with the result, but congratulations to you.
"Thumbs up, no injuries and we go again

• Upvote 1

Just now, johnsusername said:

Playing again 12.30 on Saturday? What a fucking joke. 

Our 3 games this week starting with Leicester will have been squuezed into pretty much the shortest possible timeframe.

Sun Night Late kick off - Sat early kick off

You can see why Klopp is fuming...

Our first Premier League game at the Amex was in early December 2017. A comfortable 5-1 win with the sort of swashbuckling counter-attacking football that had seen Mo and Bobby tear things up, with Coutinho add creativity and goal threat from that wide left position. Sadio was on the bench for this one. We've done well at the Amex in subsequent years, and even won a League Cup tie there in Kenny's second spell in charge back in late 2011.

Number One in the charts in December 2017 was Ariana Grande with 'Thank U, Next'. Just another ordinary pop song of the sort produced by pretty much every female singer of her generation. This was 6 months after the Manchester Arena bombing, so I'd imagine the publicity it got was pretty high. It stayed at the top for 6 weeks.

Jurgen will be ringing the changes for this one again, as he tries to balance workload along with our injury situation. We have enough to hurt Brighton again, but it needs us to make sure we go out there and play with something approaching our usual energy and purpose, and not the terrible display we put up against Atalanta.

• Upvote 1

The gripe is the same as Lampard had last week. Why have 12:30 kick offs for games when two sides are the other side of the country. Last week Chelsea had Newcastle away. It's been happening for years.  By all means have kick off times but work it around clubs as well instead of having teams cross the country for an early kick off. 

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I dont think this will be as easy as some think. We should be too good for them and Potter is under a bit of pressure. Not sure if that Lamptey fella is suspended and he can be a real handful if he's on blob.

Im going for a win albeit a bit nail biting.

At least Maupay is one of the cleanest players in the league......

Alisson

Robbo

Matip

Phillips

Milner

Fabinho

Hendo

Minamino

Jota

Firmino 

Salah

Think it's time to give Minamino a go in the number 8 role since we are short of numbers in midfield. He is a solid grafter and has good technique. Seeing as we cant seem to get the best out of him in the forward positions, let's see how he does in midfield. I reckon he'll be decent there.

Curtis, Mane and Gini should be getting a rest for this one.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

I think we'll go 4-2-3-1 for this, Klopp usually plays that against a back three. I'd give Minamino a go as the ten and maybe start Firmino off the left if Mane is looking tired.

Firmino should never be played wide. It's like a gremlin and water