You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

International Break - Play Off - ARDJA vs ALEX

Bjornebye

International Break - Play Off - ARDJA vs ALEX  

8 members have voted

1. 1. International Break - Play Off - ARDJA vs ALEX

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/11/20 at 17:21

I voted Alex. It came down to Barnes, for me. He played on the left. I get he may have been brilliant on the right, had he played there for a prolonged period, however, to my knowledge, he didn't. 

The difficulty of these drafts is trying to plan your team and react to what others have done. Sticking a star name out of position, to get a star name in, always loses points for me. 

I also think, whilst both very good teams, Alex has a lot more quality in midfield, that would lead to his team controlling game. 

5 hours ago, John102 said:

I voted Alex. It came down to Barnes, for me. He played on the left. I get he may have been brilliant on the right, had he played there for a prolonged period, however, to my knowledge, he didn't. 

The difficulty of these drafts is trying to plan your team and react to what others have done. Sticking a star name out of position, to get a star name in, always loses points for me. 

I also think, whilst both very good teams, Alex has a lot more quality in midfield, that would lead to his team controlling game. 

Yeah the reactionary element is the fun part I think. Surprised more don’t play: every game is like a little puzzle / brain teaser.

Great game all. Always a pleasure.

I thought Alex' late Berbatov pick was inspired, even though I have always hated that shit cunt. That plus securing probably the 2 best players of that era in the first round while the rest of us dicks were securing the best players from the weaker nations. 

I really like the keeper and defense for ARdja and some of his later round picks such as Barnes, Stam and Lizarazu were fantastic picks

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

I thought Alex' late Berbatov pick was inspired, even though I have always hated that shit cunt. That plus securing probably the 2 best players of that era in the first round while the rest of us dicks were securing the best players from the weaker nations. 

I really like the keeper and defense for ARdja and some of his later round picks such as Barnes, Stam and Lizarazu were fantastic picks

Yeah I went last so as I couldn’t get any of the value picks (Rush; M Laudrup; Giggs etc) had to gamble even though there were some greats ( just not as greats still left). Raul was my favourite pick as Spain was a pretty barren group I thought. Berbatov was as far from the Klopp-mould as possible, but so supremely elegant he could do anything on his day (see: Old Trafford hat trick)

Barnes was a great pick. As said before what an unEngland player: A player before his time in this country. Wouldn’t be out of place with Brazil greats.