You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Janet Jackson vs PJ Harvey

Bjornebye

Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Janet Jackson vs PJ Harvey  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Janet Jackson vs PJ Harvey

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/11/20 at 08:51

19 minutes ago, Code said:

Ive forgot more about music than you will ever know son.

Ive got paid to help people pick music and Ive been paid to play other people music.

If this tournament has showed us one thing, it is that English people are biased as fuck, so I’m obviously not surprised.

How do you help people pick music? Are you one of those that recommend a song when you're putting the jukebox on? 

37 minutes ago, Code said:

Ive forgot more about music than you will ever know son.

Ive got paid to help people pick music and Ive been paid to play other people music.

If this tournament has showed us one thing, it is that English people are biased as fuck, so I’m obviously not surprised.

Having 72 different brains might give you the advantage on music knowledge. Well it should but it doesn't. How do you get paid to help people pick music? That whole concept makes zero sense and I question the validity of that statement. yes you may have been a wedding / kids party DJ back when you're mullet was active but playing The Communards and A-Ha tracks at a bunch of 17 year old boys drinking Hansa and lemonade wondering where they went wrong in life is hardly the John Peel levels of music wisdom that you think you have. 

Maybe try and remember all that stuff you forgot because the stuff you've remembered is pure Smash Hits bollocks. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Code was Norway's version of Pete Burns in Probe. 

"Can I have the new release by PJ Harvey please?" 

"You can get to fuck. I have chosen that you are having the new Janet Jackson." 

"Have you got anything by The Jam?"

"Fuck off"

Next track:

"Hey sista, go sista, soul sista, flow sista
Hey sista, go sista, soul sista, go sista" 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

"Have you got anything by The Jam?"

"Fuck off"

Next track:

"Hey sista, go sista, soul sista, flow sista
Hey sista, go sista, soul sista, go sista" 

Lady Marmalade is an all time classic.

If Code played that at one of the nursery discos he DJd at, I would be right up on the dancefloor.

• Upvote 2

PJ Harvey is for me simply the greatest of all time....an absolutely unparalleled talent.

The depth and breadth of her work and the diversity of it puts her head and shoulders above the rest.

From this:

To this:

Some highlights for me:

I fucking love her!

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, an tha said:

PJ Harvey is for me simply the greatest of all time....an absolutely unparalleled talent.

The depth and breadth of her work and the diversity of it puts her head and shoulders above the rest.

From this:

To this:

Some highlights for me:

I fucking love her!

If I had a cat and I stepped on its tail, I can imagine it would sound something like this.

God damn awful stuff. 

I would not listen to this even if I got paid higher wages than I already do. 

29 minutes ago, Tarwater said:

Well, there’s no accounting for taste, but combine Code’s utter ignorance and misplaced arrogance with his soul deadening taste in music, and you have a less successful scandinavian Patrick Bateman.

Ignorance? Whats my taste by the way?