You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 3 Leicester City 0 (Nov 22 2020)

tlw content

2 hours ago, index1000 said:

Should be following Shanks attitude. 'They asked if it was true i took my wife to a football match to celebrate our anniversary. Rubbish, as if i would get married during the Football season'

Was it true you took her to a Shrewsbury game for your anniversary?

No chance I'd get married during the season...

It was her birthday!

And it was Shrewsbury reserves!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Despite his critics, one thing that can be said about Brendan Rodgers is that he's never sounded bitter after a defeat against us, or made outrageous or deluded excuses. It makes a refreshing change to hear an honest review of what we've all seen. How many times have we heard managers interviewed after the game and wondered what game they're commenting on?

The major difference in this instance of the ball being 10mm from being a goal, was obviously that it didn't cost us the win and the points, unlike against City, in which case it was the difference in points that would have given us the title. Fine margins and all that. 

An absolutely hilarious description of Keys I saw on Twitter a while back, after one of his agenda-ridden outbursts against us, was 'Keys, the hairy-handed velcro worrier'.

7 hours ago, tlw content said:

Honestly though, I could tell after about five minutes it wasn’t going to be. You could see immediately the lads were at it and I was sure we’d win from a very early stage.

It's impossible to imagine anyone associated with the club writing this sentence about any Liverpool game a few years ago. It's like something has changed.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, dave u said:

I don't mind Neco bombing forward, I just wish he'd stop continually doing the same trick to beat people in his own half.

That's my main issue with Neco too. He takes far too many touches when he is on the ball in our own half. Often, it's because he feels the need to beat an opponent before passing it.

He really should learn to keep things simple in our own half. 

• Upvote 1

Klopp seems to have the measure of Brendan. Leicester have been batting above their average since he arrived but we have made games against them relatively comfortable. I know last year's home game required a very late penalty but we did batter them for most of the game.

I thought Naby was good up to his injury and was delighted with the overall performance. Curtis is gonna be great but it does irritate me when he hangs around opponents to apologise after fouling them. Twice the game has continued and he has taken himself out of the fray to say sorry and, on Sunday, the game had stopped but he still appeared overly apologetic. C'est la guerre, mate, no one's gonna say sorry to you unless they're trying to avoid a card.

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Good report. Spot on about Rodgers as well, he always carries himself really well and I find the hatred some have for him absolutely baffling.  

It's probably because we had to endure 16 months of abject football, not to mention 16 months of excruciating press conferences before he finally got the boot.

Similar to Houllier's final season and a bit.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, m0e said:

It's probably because we had to endure 16 months of abject football, not to mention 16 months of excruciating press conferences before he finally got the boot.

Similar to Houllier's final season and a bit.

excruciating press conferences i can agree, but abject football i'm afraid i'll have to disagree with you there, some of our attacking football under rodgers was the best we'd seen for years

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Good report. Spot on about Rodgers as well, he always carries himself really well and I find the hatred some have for him absolutely baffling.  

I dont know too many people who hate him, a lot just take the piss out of him as he is a bit of a Brent when he gets a bit too clever.

3 hours ago, rhylerpudlian said:

excruciating press conferences i can agree, but abject football i'm afraid i'll have to disagree with you there, some of our attacking football under rodgers was the best we'd seen for years

I was referring to his last 16 months.

If that's some our best attacking football, then I'm Colin Pascoe.

• dave u unpinned this topic