You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Actors that put you off watching a film

Section_31

Just now, Tony Moanero said:

Jennifer Grey. I can just about tolerate her in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. I used to own the Dirty Dancing soundtrack on cassette, but couldn’t bear to watch the film. 

Taking the piss now

Dave ! ...... It's happening again. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’ve always thought she was terribly cast for it. A cool character like Swayze wouldn’t so much as said “Hi” to her, let alone danced with her, surely?

Thats kind of the point of the film. Plain Jane type gets her hunk kinda shit. It gives you hope. 

32 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Jennifer Grey. I can just about tolerate her in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. I used to own the Dirty Dancing soundtrack on cassette, but couldn’t bear to watch the film. 

What. The. Fuck. 1) she’s great 2) Dirty Dancing is great 3) she’s great. 

22 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Ha ha. Does he have sexual intercourse with her? I like to think that when presented with the opportunity, he feigned a migraine and went the Double Deuce for a bevvy.

I cant remember. I only watch it for Penny and the final dance. He must have goosed her like. 

I'd like to see this cunt walk into the Double Deuce and order a Babycham 

lonny-price.jpg

Some absolutely mad shouts going off in here.  Tom Cruise is a weird nutcase but I’ll pretty much watch anything he’s in because he’s a great actor and clearly knows how to pick a good script.  It’s rare he makes a bad film.  The majority of Arnie films are still amongst the most underrated films going.

I sort of agree with Vince Vaughn shout.  He was absolutely shocking in the second season of true detective but he’s in that brawl in prison film and it’s good.  It changed my opinion on him.  

Will Ferrell just isn’t funny.  He thinks shouting things louder and louder makes things hilarious.  His appearance in wedding crashers just about sums him up and you get people wetting themselves over it.  Elf is genuinely one of the worst films I’ve ever seen.  I actually had the misfortune of going to the cinema to see it.  It’s like somebody just said I know what will be a funny idea let’s get Will Ferrell in to play a role where he thinks he’s an elf despite being a fully grown man and then just didn’t bother to write a script.  The only “jokes” were actually in the trailer and they weren’t even funny.  It’s so bad it’s painful.

Rebel Wilson is just raw aids.

I can’t stand Katee Sackhoff’s stupid face.  I don’t know how I got through Battlestar years ago and she keeps turning up in things I like because they’re series and not films I can’t just fuck them off.

• Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’ve not watched Elf, but was given the DVD last Christmas. The best Christmas film is A Christmas Carol (Alastair Sim), closely followed by A Christmas Story.

Never seen A Christmas Story.

It's A Wonderful Life, Scrooged, The Snowman, Father Christmas, Bad Santa, Muppets Christmas Carol, Nightmare Before Christmas, Die Hard and Home Alone, off the top of my head, are all better Christmas films than Elf.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Will Ferrell just isn’t funny.  He thinks shouting things louder and louder makes things hilarious. 

There's a scene in one of his films (Anchorman, maybe) with him and Jack Black, and he stands out as the one who is overacting.

Just think about that. Being a worse overactor than Jack fucking Black.

Stewie Griffin called it right.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Never seen A Christmas Story.

It's A Wonderful Life, Scrooged, The Snowman, Father Christmas, Bad Santa, Muppets Christmas Carol, Nightmare Before Christmas, Die Hard and Home Alone, off the top of my head, are all better Christmas films than Elf.

Not only the best Christmas film, but one of the best films full stop.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

There's a scene in one of his films (Anchorman, maybe) with him and Jack Black, and he stands out as the one who is overacting.

Just think about that. Being a worse overactor than Jack fucking Black.

Stewie Griffin called it right.

The first time I watched a film with him in was High Fidelity and I thought he was great but then every time you see him you just slowly realise what a complete twat he is.  I hate it when classic films get remade and they turn them into these new shit “comedies” and hire bell ends like Black to do them.  Gullivers Travels and Jumanji being his twos.  Not his but Ghostbusters is another one and was an 80s comedy I suppose but what they did with the remake was embarrassing.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I cant remember. I only watch it for Penny and the final dance. He must have goosed her like. 

I'd like to see this cunt walk into the Double Deuce and order a Babycham 

lonny-price.jpg

Definitely one for the People who would probably vote for Trump thread

6 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I hate it when classic films get remade and they turn them into these new shit “comedies” and hire bell ends like Black to do them.  Gullivers Travels and Jumanji being his twos.  Not his but Ghostbusters is another one and was an 80s comedy I suppose but what they did with the remake was embarrassing.

That Mr Deeds looks charmless and hateful and I got less than halfway through the trailer for the Walter Mitty remake, before going on a killing spree.

1 minute ago, General Dryness said:

Having read this thread, in adding Hugh Grant to the list. That whole effete Englishman act just grates.

And Jack Black as well. School of Rock is fucking execrable. 

Four Wedding & a Funeral and Notting Hill are boss. 

Jack Black is great in High Fidelity. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, General Dryness said:

Fucking hell, did someone mention Mumsnet?

I'm still in shock that there's blokes who like Dirty Dancing.

An ex of mine once forced me to watch it & we nearly broke up, this was about half an hour into it as well (I didn't see any more of it). Films for menopausal fucking morons.

• Upvote 5