You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Actors that put you off watching a film

Section_31

Adam Sandler. His films must make tons of money in America because virtually everyone I know in this country hates him. He just plays the same character in every film.

Vince Vaughn is the same, typical average American guy, likes beer, one of those cuntsbin real life who shouts out unfunny jokes and thinks he's a big ladies man in every film. However, he was good in Brawl in Cell Block 99 which was brutal. 

Robert Pattison, wont bother with that new Batman film when it comes out.

• Upvote 1

Keanu Reeves

Adam Sandler

There's obviously loads of other poor actors, but whenever those two release a film and it gets a 6 or 7 out of 10 review (which in itself is a rarity), I automatically detract 2 points (and most times defer from watching it). Time and money saved!

8 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Adam Sandler. His films must make tons of money in America because virtually everyone I know in this country hates him. He just plays the same character in every film.

Vince Vaughn is the same, typical average American guy, likes beer, one of those cuntsbin real life who shouts out unfunny jokes and thinks he's a big ladies man in every film. However, he was good in Brawl in Cell Block 99 which was brutal. 

Vince Vaughn was good in Arkansas(now on Netflix) too.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Vince Vaughn was good in Arkansas(now on Netflix) too.

Maybe he's one of those actors who get typecast too much, whether that's a personal choice or the roles he gets offered I don't know but yeah he gets pigeon holed into dumb slacker buddy "comedies", to be fair I quite liked Old School and Dodgeball. But agree he is good in that cell block film and I have yet to watch Arkansas but heard it's decent.

Like Matthew McConnaughey years back was the goto guy for generic romantic comedies that involved him showing off his abs, he's since been choosing more serious stuff and you can see he's a decent actor.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Charlie Hunnam seems weird in real life. He was on the Jimmy Kimmel show a while back and his accent was all over the place. It was embarrassing to watch, he was like a Geordie who went to London and tried desperately to lose his accent then changed his mind halfway through and wanted to be American. 

He's terrible aside from Jax teller, those robot films were as bad as it gets.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Pattison has the potential to be really good now he's fucked off playing teenage vampires. He was brilliant in The Lighthouse.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Never seen A Christmas Story.

It's A Wonderful Life, Scrooged, The Snowman, Father Christmas, Bad Santa, Muppets Christmas Carol, Nightmare Before Christmas, Die Hard and Home Alone, off the top of my head, are all better Christmas films than Elf.

My current favourite is Krampus, the best is the Sim, Christmas Carol, I also love Scrooged.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mudface said:

You'll love this then, one of the least odd things about it is the fella who played Dudley in the Harry Potter films is a mental preacher who believes he can resurrect people.

Looking forward to it mate. Good films are few and far between at the moment.

12 minutes ago, Mudface said:

You'll love this then, one of the least odd things about it is the fella who played Dudley in the Harry Potter films is a mental preacher who believes he can resurrect people.

That scene in the woods with his bird ...... fuck me