You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Actors that put you off watching a film

Section_31

Nicholas Cage, which is useful because 90% of the stuff he appears in is shite anyway. I actually quite enjoyed Mandy despite him, then you get something like this-

Nicolas Cage's Mandy explained - from the Black Skulls to The Chemist

Jim Carrey is borderline intolerable when he's showing off and I'd quite happily watch Andie MacDowell burn to death and not feel a flicker of sympathy.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

When I find out certain actors are in a film I can't be arsed watching them, regardless of the subject, director etc.

Top of my list are:

The Rock

Gerard Butler 

Mark Wahlberg

Orlando Bloom

The Rock is a good shout. The other 3 you are chatting shit. They've done some shite but all done some superb films. 

8 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Adam Sandler. It seems like he plays the same character in every film he's in.

Agreed up until Uncut Gems from last year. Great film. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

Fully agree on Butler. Gurning, shit-eating prick. He churns out some absolute shite, can't think of one redeeming movie in his list. There's not many actors I'd avoid watching but he is.

300, Law Abiding Citizen, Rock N Rolla.... 

• Upvote 1

The Rock was decent in the other guys, but I don't think I have watched him in anything else because the films he seems to get roles in never seem to be my thing. 

As for Sandler, I agree with the exception of Happy Gilmour. I remember trying to watch some utter tripe like Little Nicky or that Zohan dogshit and lasted about 45 seconds before his stupid annoying voice did my head in and I turned off. 

I used to not like Kurt Russell but he has been good in Tarantino movies

31 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Charlie hunnam

Melissa mcarthy

Zac Efron

Kevin Hart

He's like a midget version of Chris Tucker. With his film roles, his schtick can get annoying very quickly, but he's genuinely funny in interviews, especially with Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.

• Upvote 1