You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Maria Callas vs Amy Winehouse

Bjornebye

Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Maria Callas vs Amy Winehouse  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Maria Callas vs Amy Winehouse

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/11/20 at 21:23

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Ronson is as responsible for Winehouse's success as she is. His album Record Collection is really good. 

I'm not sure Callas belongs in the competition - if it was based on vocal prowess then surely the whole thing would be made up of opera singers?

Absolute bollocks. 

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Maria Callas died 43 years ago but she’s still getting the votes. I don’t  think Amy will be remembered in 40 years from now somehow. 

Even more bollocks. 

In all of these tournaments the usual suspects slate people through what heir perception is from what they've read in something like OK magazine of the Daily Star. It is clear as day and very fucking sad. 

Winehouse had more talent in the sweat of her smackhead socks than any of you could dream of. 

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Absolute bollocks. 

Even more bollocks. 

In all of these tournaments the usual suspects slate people through what heir perception is from what they've read in something like OK magazine of the Daily Star. It is clear as day and very fucking sad. 

Winehouse had more talent in the sweat of her smackhead socks than any of you could dream of. 

It’s pretty obvious why @Mook hates her, that’s for sure.

35 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Absolute bollocks. 

Even more bollocks. 

Ronson wrote Back to Black. In fact, he wrote most of her hits - Rehab, You know I'm no good, Love is a losing game. 

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

Ronson wrote Back to Black. In fact, he wrote most of her hits - Rehab, You know I'm no good, Love is a losing game. 

Most singers in this tournament didn't write their own stuff. She wrote loads of hers. Her voice was superb. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Most singers in this tournament didn't write their own stuff. She wrote loads of hers. Her voice was superb. 

She's got a brilliant voice, I like Winehouse. I was sticking up more for Mark Ronson who was taking stick - which I thought ironic cos he (in my opinion) wrote all Winehouse's best stuff. 

3 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

She's got a brilliant voice, I like Winehouse. I was sticking up more for Mark Ronson who was taking stick - which I thought ironic cos he (in my opinion) wrote all Winehouse's best stuff. 

Aah sorry. Ronsons stuff is decent. He knows his way around a mixing desk. 

16 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Where have you got this from? Most of what I have seen and read shows that Winehouse wrote her own song lyrics then Ronson helped put it all together with the music and production mostly.

I mean, Love Is A Losing Game, a truly great song written by Winehouse and you're trying to give someone else all the credit?

If I'm wrong show me, I only know what I have seen and read.

• Upvote 1

I really like opera but an opera singer was obviously never going to do well on here. The GF is like the Wild West, not often a place for the finer things. A brother will get stabbed ‘round here for cutting his toast the wrong way, so expecting the same people to understand the torment felt by Lauretta when speaking to her father in O Mio Babbino Caro and threatening to throw herself in the river might be a reach. Anyway, Callas. Don’t mind a few of Winehouses hits, but I find her a bit overrated. Good but not a great in my view. Callas is undoubtedly a great, even if I personally prefer others like Renee Fleming. 

</cunt>

1 hour ago, Moo said:

Where have you got this from? Most of what I have seen and read shows that Winehouse wrote her own song lyrics then Ronson helped put it all together with the music and production mostly.

I mean, Love Is A Losing Game, a truly great song written by Winehouse and you're trying to give someone else all the credit?

If I'm wrong show me, I only know what I have seen and read.

Screenshot_2020-11-23-12-24-50-89.jpg

Screenshot_2020-11-23-12-25-18-23.jpg

2 hours ago, Juniper said:

Winehouse all the way, she was a genuine article with bags of talent, respected by all of her peers.

Big shame her life went the way it ultimately did. 

Funny thing is, you could say pretty much the same about Callas.