Bjornebye

Atalanta (H) Champions League - 25/11/20 - 20:00

12 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I disagree. Losing is a bad habit.

We lost against Villa and managed to avoid getting hooked on that sweet, sweet rush of defeat.

I'm just being pedantic; the fact is that we can afford to lose this and still qualify.

One win out of the next three puts us through. No need to push too hard with an away match Saturday morning so we should rotate as much as we can. We should have at least three more players back soon so this week is when we shouldn't be taking chances with players' fitness. 

• Upvote 2

As Salah should be fresh i'd bring him in and give Mane a breather.

Rest Matip because just seems too risky to ask him to play 3 times in a week and rest Robbo.

Go as strong as possible those changes aside.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, an tha said:

As Salah should be fresh i'd bring him in and give Mane a breather.

Rest Matip because just seems too risky to ask him to play 3 times in a week and rest Robbo.

Go as strong as possible those changes aside.

Ok by me.

8 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Ok by me.

No idea who might be available who has been injured but working on a they will still be out assumption maybe this side?

Alisson

N. Williams

Fabinho

R. Williams

Tsimikas

Jones

Milner

Wijnaldum

Salah

Jota

Firmino

Probably could do with Wijnaldum getting a breather as he got flogged badly by Holland in international, but can't see any other options given Henderson and Thiago being unfit....hopefully one of them back weekend and Gini can get a breather...or Fabinho can play in middle weekend and Phillips get a game at back.

Having to use Fabinho at centre half does of course have a knock on effect on midfield options and it is exacerbated when have key men missing in middle - and Keita breaking down again.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

No idea who might be available who has been injured but working on a they will still be out assumption maybe this side?

Alisson

N. Williams

Fabinho

R. Williams

Tsimikas

Jones

Milner

Wijnaldum

Salah

Jota

Firmino

Probably could do with Wijnaldum getting a breather as he got flogged badly by Holland in international, but can't see any other options given Henderson and Thiago being unfit....hopefully one of them back weekend and Gini can get a breather...or Fabinho can play in middle weekend and Phillips get a game at back.

Having to use Fabinho at centre half does of course have a knock on effect on midfield options and it is exacerbated when have key men missing in middle - and Keita breaking down again.

Liberal use of second half subs will help.

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Liberal use of second half subs will help.

Aye hopefully twatting them again so can.

Have we got 5 subs mind?!!?

Wouldn't be surprised to see Mo, Mini and Div up front. If we did that then we could play four non-knackered forwards on Saturday like at City. That would mean we could rest whichever one of our midfielders is deadest on his feet. 

7 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I wouldn't start Milner, two games in 3 days may be too much. 

He's a fitness freak and he's barely played this season. he'll be fine. I'd start him at right back again and bring Neco Williams on with 20 to 30 minutes left. 

38 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Jones should deffo keep his place. Tempted to think Div should get a runout but he's heartbreakingly shite.

Its exacerbated by often being played out of position. Not that he's always great when played centrally but I think when he plays that's where he should play. 

• Upvote 1

Liverpool: Alisson, N. Williams, R. Williams, Matip, Tsimikas, Milner, Wijnaldum, Jones, Mane, Salah, Origi.

Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Fabinho, Firmino, Minamino, Jota, Robertson, Cain, Clarkson, Koumetio.

Milner will have to babysit both Williams boys tonight as I shudder to think what will happen if zapata turns into Drogba again, even for 5 mins. Also, matip playing tonight astutely means he won't play the weekend as he'll break into a million billion pieces

Edit: zapata is on the bench! 

4 minutes ago, niallers said:

Milner will have to babysit both Williams boys tonight as I shudder to think what will happen if zapata turns into Drogba again, even for 5 mins. Also, matip playing tonight astutely means he won't play the weekend as he'll break into a million billion pieces

I doubt the plan is for Matip to play the full match.

7 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

Not too promising for Minamino if Origi is getting a game ahead of him 

Must be a horses for courses thing. Salah, Mané, Origi is pure counter attack. 3 quick strikers up against their 3 CB's.