You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atalanta (H) Champions League - 25/11/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

I'd keep Matip, Milner, Robertson, Gini, Jota and Mane well away from this.

I suppose one thing to consider is how close Hendo and Thiago are. If they play Saturday,  we can afford to put Gini and Milner in.

We need to beat Brighton infinitely more than Atalanta.

I don't know what realistic rotation options there are in midfield especially. Got to be three out of Milner, Gini, Fab and Jones and that is if the CB pairing is Matip and Rhys and that puts one of them on the left. Playing Fabinho in midfield essentially risks all three of our available CB's. Give Mane a rest?

So maybe:

Alisson

Neco Rhys Matip Tsimikas

Jones   Gini  Milner

Salah Firmino Jota

That would be what, 5 games in two weeks for Wiji?

20 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I don't know what realistic rotation options there are in midfield especially. Got to be three out of Milner, Gini, Fab and Jones and that is if the CB pairing is Matip and Rhys and that puts one of them on the left. Playing Fabinho in midfield essentially risks all three of our available CB's. Give Mane a rest?

So maybe:

Alisson

Neco Rhys Matip Tsimikas

Jones   Gini  Milner

Salah Firmino Jota

That would be what, 5 games in two weeks for Wiji?

That right side looks real vulnerable. 

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Yes we can.

I mean, obviously I want to win it, but we can afford to lose 2 out of 3 remaining games.

I disagree. Losing is a bad habit.

If we were to lose to Atalanta, then we'd have to play a strong side against Ajax. Others may view it different but you dont want to be going oh, we can afford to lose to Atalanta and Ajax because we've just got the weakest side in the group to play.

We can use 5 subs so should do.

I think Robbo and Matip should be rested for this.

Matip because he is simply too much of a risk for 3 games in a week in the absolutely shortest turnaround possible which is what we face in this week of 3 games that started Sunday...Sun night kick off for 1st one - Saturday early kick off the 3rd one....

And Robbo because he has had zero rest and risk feels high given how much he has played of late.

A good barometer of how good we are and how much I love Klopp and his team/squad is the fact that I'm totally relaxed whoever we put out there tomorrow.

I'm not (despite having a good game when given the chance) a big fan of Nat Philips, and I think it might have been better to keep Hoever rather than Neco Williams, but we've got so many good players and have done so many good deals that these are mere details in a masterpiece.

Having watched and supported us since the mid-80s, there's always been 1 or 2 players that I have felt aren't really good enough, and should be looked at being replaced. This is the first time in all that time where there's no such need imo. Our CB injuries are of course unfortunate, and will probably lead to speculations on new signings. I think we'll cope fine whether we sign a CB or not, there's almost a sadistic desire in me to find out if we can be contenders and win in both Europe and the league with what we've got. I think Klopp and his boys are so good we can do it with what we've got, but there's the chance Matip will have a breakdown or two soon, so we'll have to see what happens I guess.

Anyway, my point was really that I'm not nervous about our games anymore, there might be a bump in the road (like Villa) on the way, but I think we'll run away with the league again, and I'm fairly confident about Europe too! Come on you reds!

• Upvote 1