You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

International Break Final (please vote)

Bjornebye

Vote For The Best Two Sides   

11 members have voted

1. 1. Vote For The Best Two Sides

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/11/20 at 20:00

Please vote for the best 2 sides in the draft.  (Please tell me this has worked) 

If you took part you CAN NOT vote for your own team. Anyone can vote. Try and give reasoning with as much or little detail as you can. 

Voting Closes 20:00 on Monday.  

John102

F7F56AEF-0242-4474-803E-2B8C2BF5A65A.jpeg

No2

AB2777E0-FCC2-4224-B0C3-D07AA4ADF0AA.jpeg

aRdja

B6348BB1-B017-4DB9-B941-D6AA0BB8C9FA.jpeg

Elite

5D8B0340-D1B8-434A-AB0F-468F5FC48E9F.jpeg

Lifey

C1F9D2E7-4C3E-42B8-B3D6-0188AEA8EB2B.jpeg

Remmie

3DC07662-888A-456E-8A8D-ECCFF6DF8696.png

Stig

E5575C73-2C3F-4B8A-8D34-6A9E90803903.jpeg

Alex

5F824174-419A-41AC-A9C9-19E0890951DD.jpeg

41 minutes ago, John102 said:

I know people often say it, but I just don't see a weakness in my team. 

Forward line best in the game, you nabbed more of my picks than any other .. but is that Barca's Luis Enrique at full back?

2 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Forward line best in the game, you nabbed more of my picks than any other .. but is that Barca's Luis Enrique at full back?

I actually had him left mid, still not his greatest position, with Houghton on the right, and a three man defence. ARdja convinced me to put him at right back though. 

4 minutes ago, John102 said:

I actually had him left mid, still not his greatest position, with Houghton on the right, and a three man defence. ARdja convinced me to put him at right back though. 

You can't vote for yourself,  that's a disqualification?

4 minutes ago, John102 said:

Got it. I flirted with putting Gary Speed at left back myself (think he did play there a few times very early on), moving Zidane back & picking Ljungberg rather than Helveg, so similar predicament.

John 102

Maldini and Chivu should be swapped. Hardly any width as the full backs especially Chivu weren't exactly attack minded (Enrique was ok actually). Superb front 3, proper sex. Teams will have some difficulty getting the ball off Sammer, Koeman, Maldini and Robson. They could play around teams for 90 minutes then let Houghton unleash a 40 yard screamer. 

No2

Brilliant midfield, attack and keeper. Shearer and Stoichkov with them wingers delivering the goods is great. Your full back situation though.... Fuck me. Boyd was a left back then a centre back. Ratcliffe was manly a centre back.... 

aRdja 

Well balanced if un-spectacular side. barnes is fine on the right because he'd just roam and the full backs loved getting forward. Great keeper. 

Elite

Hughes and Baggio need swapping around and Martin Petrov is one of the weaker picks of the draft (not many to choose from in his category to be fair). Decent enough defence but again nothing special. Well balanced apart from the attacking two. 

Col

Really good side, possibly the best I've seen you submit in these mate apart from that fucking keeper. Toss up between you and Rem for the best defence in the draft IMO. Alex has a very good defence two but you and Rem are out in fromt there. The maestro McStay was a superb midfielder. Duff is a good pick too. Up there although I'm surprised you carried on playing once Rush went. That fucking keeper though.....

Remmie

Brilliant defence and keeper. Your midfield is far too attacking. Whose the ball winner? I feel like you've shoed Bellamy in and Hagi (IMO) is better more central. What a front two though. 

Stig

I think I've got the most balanced side in the draft. Full backs can get forward. Petrescu is underrated on here at CB. Waddle and Hassler cause serious damage and my front 3 is as good as Johns attack. I think my side is the strongest, just. Its the only one without any glaring weaknesses. 

Alex

As usual a very good team. Love that midfield and the defence is great. Worried about Raul and Berbatov together. Both relatively lazy forwards, I'm not sure you've got anyone going forward to do the running around. Not that you'd need it because most other sides would hardly see the ball. 

I've gone for Lifey despite the keeper. If John had switched Chivu and Maldini he would have nabbed it. 

15 minutes ago, No2 said:

Gone for Lifey. Not the best XI players but it looks like a proper team. No glaring weakness in their, every other team has a couple of wtf's.

Out of curiosity which are mine?

1 minute ago, Alex_K said:

Out of curiosity which are mine?

I see a lack of width and speed with one or 2 not in their proper positions. Nicol would be cutting in from the left, Matthaus isn't going to give any width on the right and irrc Helveg was a solid defensive type right back. It looks to like you picked 3 brilliant midfielders because you could but no thought went into what you would do with them.

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

John 102

Maldini and Chivu should be swapped. Hardly any width as the full backs especially Chivu weren't exactly attack minded (Enrique was ok actually). Superb front 3, proper sex. Teams will have some difficulty getting the ball off Sammer, Koeman, Maldini and Robson. They could play around teams for 90 minutes then let Houghton unleash a 40 yard screamer. 

No2

Brilliant midfield, attack and keeper. Shearer and Stoichkov with them wingers delivering the goods is great. Your full back situation though.... Fuck me. Boyd was a left back then a centre back. Ratcliffe was manly a centre back.... 

aRdja 

Well balanced if un-spectacular side. barnes is fine on the right because he'd just roam and the full backs loved getting forward. Great keeper. 

Elite

Hughes and Baggio need swapping around and Martin Petrov is one of the weaker picks of the draft (not many to choose from in his category to be fair). Decent enough defence but again nothing special. Well balanced apart from the attacking two. 

Col

Really good side, possibly the best I've seen you submit in these mate apart from that fucking keeper. Toss up between you and Rem for the best defence in the draft IMO. Alex has a very good defence two but you and Rem are out in fromt there. The maestro McStay was a superb midfielder. Duff is a good pick too. Up there although I'm surprised you carried on playing once Rush went. That fucking keeper though.....

Remmie

Brilliant defence and keeper. Your midfield is far too attacking. Whose the ball winner? I feel like you've shoed Bellamy in and Hagi (IMO) is better more central. What a front two though. 

Stig

I think I've got the most balanced side in the draft. Full backs can get forward. Petrescu is underrated on here at CB. Waddle and Hassler cause serious damage and my front 3 is as good as Johns attack. I think my side is the strongest, just. Its the only one without any glaring weaknesses. 

Alex

As usual a very good team. Love that midfield and the defence is great. Worried about Raul and Berbatov together. Both relatively lazy forwards, I'm not sure you've got anyone going forward to do the running around. Not that you'd need it because most other sides would hardly see the ball. 

I've gone for Lifey despite the keeper. If John had switched Chivu and Maldini he would have nabbed it. 

I couldn't remember which side Boyd played on,  first site I checked said right back so I went with it. Ratcliffe I don't remember,  I read he occasionally played left back and blues swear he is one of the all time greats.

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Erm the keeper ??! Who are my WTF players? 

Good point made 5 minutes too late. Don't known how that slipped by. Keepers are criminally underrated in this game, Buffon will get me nothing despite how brilliant he was. 

Your team starts slow with Southall and gets progressively slower as it goes up the pitch. 

15 minutes ago, No2 said:

I see a lack of width and speed with one or 2 not in their proper positions. Nicol would be cutting in from the left, Matthaus isn't going to give any width on the right and irrc Helveg was a solid defensive type right back. It looks to like you picked 3 brilliant midfielders because you could but no thought went into what you would do with them.

Did consider the question of width - but Helveg was more of an attacking wingback, so it is more relevant feedback from the left side of defence. Nicol was naturally on the right of course, but Gary Speed played left so does offer some width. Used to pop up with a fair few goals in that Leeds title winning side .. progressively moved central as he got older. At least that was the reasoning in terms of width structure.

Matthaus, Zidane, Rijkaard are probably the 3 greatest box to box / attacking / defensive midfielders variously that ever played the game (depending on how you want to term Maradonna / Cruyjff's position), so happy it was a risk worth taking. Consider it De Bruyne / Silva / Fernandinho on steroids from the City sides of recent years.

The Nicol at left back conundrum was the only one I wasn't really happy with in my side this time around. Chivu was the big miss in that respect. Otherwise I pretty much got everyone I wanted, which is rare (would have taken Nesta > Cannavaro too on that turn).

12 minutes ago, No2 said:

Good point made 5 minutes too late. Don't known how that slipped by. Keepers are criminally underrated in this game, Buffon will get me nothing despite how brilliant he was. 

Your team starts slow with Southall and gets progressively slower as it goes up the pitch. 

Haha. Ok.