Quantcast
Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Stevie Nicks vs Madonna - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Stevie Nicks vs Madonna

Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Stevie Nicks vs Madonna  

45 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Stevie Nicks vs Madonna

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/11/20 at 18:47

18 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

To an extent yes, but being the biggest selling female artist in a female artist competition should carry some weight. 

Also, Borderline. 

And being in the music business for around half a century and consistently being recognised as an icon by year peers should carry some weight also. What's so great about Borderline? Its a decent pop tune but nothing special.

I can’t stand Stevie Nicks. That thing she does where she holds the edge of her skirt and twirls about drives me crazy with irritation, she’s a middle aged women not a fucking 5 year old at a wedding. 

• Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

And being in the music business for around half a century and consistently being recognised as an icon by year peers should carry some weight also. What's so great about Borderline? Its a decent pop tune but nothing special.

That's what I was thinking, it's a bit boring to be honest. She's done much better stuff than that.

Just now, Colonel Kurtz said:

I can’t stand Stevie Nicks. That thing she does where she holds the edge of her skirt and twirls about drives me crazy with irritation, she’s a middle aged women not a fucking 5 year old at a wedding. 

I tend to just listen to the music myself. More of Nicks and Fleetwood Mac than Madonna though.

4 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Fuck you.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

That's the only Borderline for me. 

RycooderborderlineLP.jpg

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

You may as well have come on here and said "Hi, Colonel Kurtz from Salford, massive Utd fan but I come in peace"

31 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Negged. Actually, she’s 72 so she’s a septuagenarian. I’d still marry her.

35 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I tend to just listen to the music myself. More of Nicks and Fleetwood Mac than Madonna though.

This 100 % 

Although I have peeked at Nick's twirling her skirt for the kids in the front row. 

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Music sales are not necessarily a good indicator of how good a singer is. See Code's posts as proof of that.

It's not a competition to decide best singer though.  Best singer certainly didn't win the men's tournament and rightly so.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, mars said:

Hated Madonna up to Ray of Light album - think the single is amazing so sorry, Stevie ...

She had some cracking stuff around then, I really liked Beautiful Stranger and this nearly robbed me of my cock.

Then she released this, and looked every inch the ageing soccer mom desperately trying to cling onto her former relevance.

2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

She had some cracking stuff around then, I really liked Beautiful Stranger and this nearly robbed me of my cock.

Her Sheryl Crow phase.

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm voting with Tony for no better reason than Madge has always irritated the piss out of me.

giphy (2).gif

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Negged. Actually, she’s 72 so she’s a septuagenarian. I’d still marry her.

Thank god you showed up mate. I've been trying to hold the fort but there is a lot of Stevie Nicks hate in here. I can see her maybe losing to somebody but please not Madonna.