You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Stevie Nicks vs Madonna

Bjornebye

Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Stevie Nicks vs Madonna  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Stevie Nicks vs Madonna

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/11/20 at 18:47

18 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

To an extent yes, but being the biggest selling female artist in a female artist competition should carry some weight. 

Also, Borderline. 

And being in the music business for around half a century and consistently being recognised as an icon by year peers should carry some weight also. What's so great about Borderline? Its a decent pop tune but nothing special.

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

And being in the music business for around half a century and consistently being recognised as an icon by year peers should carry some weight also. What's so great about Borderline? Its a decent pop tune but nothing special.

That's what I was thinking, it's a bit boring to be honest. She's done much better stuff than that.

Just now, Colonel Kurtz said:

I can’t stand Stevie Nicks. That thing she does where she holds the edge of her skirt and twirls about drives me crazy with irritation, she’s a middle aged women not a fucking 5 year old at a wedding. 

I tend to just listen to the music myself. More of Nicks and Fleetwood Mac than Madonna though.

28 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

That's the only Borderline for me. 

RycooderborderlineLP.jpg

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I can’t stand Stevie Nicks. That thing she does where she holds the edge of her skirt and twirls about drives me crazy with irritation, she’s a middle aged women not a fucking 5 year old at a wedding. 

You may as well have come on here and said "Hi, Colonel Kurtz from Salford, massive Utd fan but I come in peace"

31 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Negged. Actually, she’s 72 so she’s a septuagenarian. I’d still marry her.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Music sales are not necessarily a good indicator of how good a singer is. See Code's posts as proof of that.

It's not a competition to decide best singer though.  Best singer certainly didn't win the men's tournament and rightly so.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, mars said:

Hated Madonna up to Ray of Light album - think the single is amazing so sorry, Stevie ...

She had some cracking stuff around then, I really liked Beautiful Stranger and this nearly robbed me of my cock.

Then she released this, and looked every inch the ageing soccer mom desperately trying to cling onto her former relevance.