Quantcast
Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Stevie Nicks vs Madonna - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Stevie Nicks vs Madonna

Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Stevie Nicks vs Madonna  

45 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Stevie Nicks vs Madonna

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/11/20 at 18:47

This tie wasn't due for a few days but seeing as its Saturday night I thought I'd give us the heavyweight tie of the round. Sorry Stevie Nicks lovers (I'm one too) you'll get your chance with Fleetwood Mac in the next tournament but Madonna has to go through here. In-fact madonna should probably win the whole thing. She might be a manly child-stockpiling weird cunt but she's one of the greats. 

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

This tie wasn't due for a few days but seeing as its Saturday night I thought I'd give us the heavyweight tie of the round. Sorry Stevie Nicks lovers (I'm one too) you'll get your chance with Fleetwood Mac in the next tournament but Madonna has to go through here. In-fact madonna should probably win the whole thing. She might be a manly child-stockpiling weird cunt but she's one of the greats. 

Agree entirely.  Not the best voice, good dancer, incredible writer, enduring artist, game changer.

edit - and I love Stevie Nicks', solo stuff included, she's an icon herself, but Madonna is on another level.

Madonna doesn't really belong in it as compared to the great female singers but because of her output for over 30 years in Pop music my vote goes to her, though i hope no one has actually bought any of her records and gone home and listened to it as that would be strange. 

I always thought Mcvie had the much better voice than Nicks. 

Madonna is a brazen hussy too, so it's Madonna. 

3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Bollocks to Madonna.

Certainly drained mine to her plenty of times in the mid 80's Tone

• Upvote 1

Madonna is fuckin awful,although she's made some very catchy tunes.Stevie Nicks is a very good singer whether as a soloist or as part of legendary band Fleetwood Mac. I think people are just trying to piss off Tony here.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Madonna is fuckin awful,although she's made some very catchy tunes.Stevie Nicks is a very good singer whether as a soloist or as part of legendary band Fleetwood Mac. I think people are just trying to piss off Tony here.

Wait till he hears my opinion on custard creams .... 

3 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Madonna is the biggest female music star ever. The Queen of Pop. 300 million record sales.

Even then, she deserves the win just for Borderline alone.

Fucking ace tune that.

12 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Madonna is the biggest female music star ever. The Queen of Pop. 300 million record sales.

Even then, she deserves the win just for Borderline alone.

Music sales are not necessarily a good indicator of how good a singer is. See Code's posts as proof of that.

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Music sales are not necessarily a good indicator of how good a singer is. See Code's posts as proof of that.

To an extent yes, but being the biggest selling female artist in a female artist competition should carry some weight. 

Also, Borderline. 

This is the only Madonna song I can stand, mostly because it was a floorfiller, especially the 12’’ nonstop express mix.

4 minutes ago, Mudface said:

She's a definite number two.

250m record sales.

Aretha Franklin - 75m. Roughly the same as Enya and Gloria Estefan. Not quite as many as Nicki Minaj.