You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Diana Ross vs Sinead O'Connor

Bjornebye

Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Diana Ross vs Sinead O'Connor  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Female Artist - 1st Round - Diana Ross vs Sinead O'Connor

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/11/20 at 19:27

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Skinheed suffers from the fact that her best-known song is soppy background music for a middle-class 1980s dinner party.  It's by far the worst track on that album.

Still, this is Ross all the way.

Yeah Sinead was good. Her voice is beautiful

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Not the first to do an intense, prolonged stare at the camera until you unintentionally drag up all the shite in your life and reduce yourself to tears.

She is crying in that video because she just lost her mum. 

I'm sure you already knew that but I couldn't help myself 

3 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Well the Smiths made it to the British bands final so there’s hope. I’m anticipating a Polly Harvey versus Kate bush final then the middle aged demographic and memories of their first wank will probably swing it for Kate. 

My mate's dad used to own the farm next to the Harveys in Dorset

He didn't know her very well but said she was a good laugh when he did bump into her.

Her brother is the one mainly running the farm whilst she swans about being a rock star. He's a really good guy so my mate says

3 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I think poor Sinead suffers with her mental health

"Message for folks who have tickets for next year's shows: those shows are being postponed until 2022 so that I may go into a one year trauma and addiction treatment program because I had a very traumatic six years and this year was the end of it but now recovery starts," she wrote.

8 hours ago, Remmie said:

She is crying in that video because she just lost her mum. 

I'm sure you already knew that but I couldn't help myself 

I didn't know that. 

I sort of knew that the difference is that she was crying because of shit that had happened to her, while Elvis was crying because he'd fucked up all his most important relationships through his own arsehole "rock star" behaviour.  

The producer who won best video at the brits for the prince cover song said "thank god for onions" when referring to O'connor's crying performance.

Ross meanwhile showed Kevin de Brun the best way to take a penalty so she wins this by a couple of hat-tricks 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I saw Sinead at a gig to raise funds for charity in around 2003/2004 I think and I was about 4ft from the front and she was unbelievable. I was gobsmacked to be honest, such an amazing voice. An awful pity her head is mush. 

Yeah mate. Her voice is just unbelievable, as good as it gets. Feel very sorry for her.