You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your Top 5 Favourite Sport Films

Tony Moanero

In now particular order, and liable to change when I see others

Field of Dreams 

original Mean Machine

Rocky

Eight men out
A league of their own. 

Hoop Dreams. Caddyshack. Tin Cup. Mighty Ducks. Slap Shot, all likely to replace the top 5 at a moment’s notice. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

Field of Dreams 

original Mean Machine

Rocky

Eight men out
A league of their own. 

Hoop Dreams. Caddyshack. Tin Cup. Mighty Ducks. Slap Shot, all likely to replace the top 5 at a moment’s notice. 

Tin Cup is a great shout

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Was going to put when we were Kings in but it's more of a doco film I think? 

I'll have to abstain then as I really can't think of any. 

The boxing ones are OK though, you can't choreography boxing, but good films in their own right so I don't know. 

Any US High School / College against all the odds can fuck off, usually 70s /80s fare. 

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Filmed in Wakefield this. Rugby League scenes shot at the home of Wakefield Trinity, back in the days when they weren’t shit. 

2350B511-DF78-47E2-B963-B4DEDC8AAC9C.jpeg

Is he giving her one twice there’s? What a lad 

Not gonna include Rocky because those films are out ok their own. 

Any Given Sunday

Mighty Ducks

Fighter

The Blind Side

Invictus 

I probably need to watch Raging Bull. I’ve seen it but years ago and I can’t remember it enough 

• Upvote 2

The end credits of Escape to Victory is one of only three film scenes that make me choke up, along with the death of Micky Goldmill and Oscar Schindler's breakdown. 

I dunno why either, a combination of this generation of footballers being proper blokes, and that generation of soldiers depicted being proper blokes too.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Is he giving her one twice there’s? What a lad 

Not gonna include Rocky because those films are out ok their own. 

Any Given Sunday

Mighty Ducks

Fighter

The Blind Side

Invictus 

I probably need to watch Raging Bull. I’ve seen it but years ago and I can’t remember it enough 

Forgot about The Fighter, alright that film. 

44 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The end credits of Escape to Victory is one of only three film scenes that make me choke up, along with the death of Micky Goldmill and Oscar Schindler's breakdown. 

I dunno why either, a combination of this generation of footballers being proper blokes, and that generation of soldiers depicted being proper blokes too.

A friend of the family (he is English but married a girl from my neck of the woods) by the name of Robin Turner played one of the German team in that. He played for Ipswich in the late 70's early 80's. I was only a kid at the time but there was huge excitement in our village at the time when we heard. He showed me a football he got signed by all the cast. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

A friend of the family (he is English but married a girl from my neck of the woods) by the name of Robin Turner played one of the German team in that. He played for Ipswich in the late 70's early 80's. I was only a kid at the time but there was huge excitement in our village at the time when we heard. He showed me a football he got signed by all the cast. 

That's fucking boss that, what an awesome claim to fame.

4 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Field of Dreams 

original Mean Machine

Rocky

Eight men out
A league of their own. 

Eight Men Out rep.