You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your Top 5 Favourite Sport Films

Tony Moanero

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

That's fucking boss that, what an awesome claim to fame.

Yeah he's a really nice guy as well. He used to come over every year and loved the place so when he retired moved over here to live.

I was lucky enough to play with him for a couple of years for our local league team in the mid 90's. Saw his FA and UEFA cup winners medals. He scored in the semi final in 78 to get them through to the final but Robson dropped him for the final for the guy who went on to score the winner which was a sickener. There were a few clubs like Villa interested in signing him at the time but Robson didn't want to let him go so he stayed there. He loved Robson though. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Is he giving her one twice there’s? What a lad 

Not gonna include Rocky because those films are out ok their own. 

Any Given Sunday

Mighty Ducks

Fighter

The Blind Side

Invictus 

I probably need to watch Raging Bull. I’ve seen it but years ago and I can’t remember it enough 

Yeah it looks like he's saying phwoar in the main one

1 hour ago, KMD7 said:

A friend of the family (he is English but married a girl from my neck of the woods) by the name of Robin Turner played one of the German team in that. He played for Ipswich in the late 70's early 80's. I was only a kid at the time but there was huge excitement in our village at the time when we heard. He showed me a football he got signed by all the cast. 

Remember his name, and they were a very good team around that time. 

Another cast member and Ipswich player, people forget how brilliant Kevin Beattie was and he is never mentioned when good English centre halves are discussed. Liverpool ballsed up forgetting to pick him up at Lime Street station after he had been invited after a good first trial. Shanks said it was one of his biggest regrets. Had his demons with drink and this was part of the reason he never got that many caps for England.

42 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Remember his name, and they were a very good team around that time. 

Another cast member and Ipswich player, people forget how brilliant Kevin Beattie was and he is never mentioned when good English centre halves are discussed. Liverpool ballsed up forgetting to pick him up at Lime Street station after he had been invited after a good first trial. Shanks said it was one of his biggest regrets. Had his demons with drink and this was part of the reason he never got that many caps for England.

Yeah mate. They were a very good team back then. Lost out on a title twice, to us and Villa. Kevin Beattie was a great player. 

Funny Souness anecdote for you. My older brother used to go up to Ipswich in the early 90's to visit Robin and they had a few good sessions. Alan Brazil would join them (top bloke according to my brother). My brother asked Brazil about Kenny and Souness. Kenny was just King Kenny to Brazil. They played at Anfield once back in the early 80's and within the first couple of minutes Souness completely poleaxed Brazil with a tackle. 'Aw ye cunt you could have broken my leg' said Brazil to him as he lay protrate on the ground. Souness whispered back to him 'You're lucky you're fucking Scottish or I would have'  

• Upvote 2