You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Nov 7-13 2020)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg.c1fbcaffb0090e7b2d3f5068e60210dc.jpg

Saturday Nov 7:

You’ve got admire the Echo’s ability to somehow link events happening anywhere in the world to either Liverpool or Everton. They’ll drag a footy story out of literally any topical event. Whats everyone talking about today? The US election. Can the Echo get a footy story out of that? You betchya. “Donald Trump defeat may accelerate FSH merger plans for Liverpool”. Fair play, keep those clicks rolling in!

Headline in the MEN today meanwhile. “Bernardo Silva identifies advantage Man City have over Liverpool”. Is it money? I bet it's money. It’s money, isn’t it? Defo has to be money. I’m not clicking because fuck the MEN and fuck Bernardo Silva, the little rat, so I’m just going to assume it’s money and leave it at that.

Speaking of fucking terrible headlines though, how about this from the Daily Star; “Southgate phoned Pickford over Van Dijk torment but England will suffer the most”. WHAT. THE. FUCK!!!! Where do you even start with that? I’m sick of this ‘poor Jordan and how he’s suffering’ narrative we’ve been subjected to for weeks now. HE ISN’T THE VICTIM HERE YOU SILLY CUNTS.

In fairness the Daily Star seem to understand that. Unfortunately they seem to believe the real victim is, erm, the England national team. All these fuckers seem to be forgetting that Virgil is looking at probably close to an entire year out of the game.

Meanwhile, Elliott impressed again for Blackburn. He’s getting rave reviews so far which is great news. There’s a chance this kid could be one of those generational talents. An Owen, Gerrard or Rooney type prodigy. You can’t always be sure at that age as great 17 year olds are not always great 21 year olds, but Harvey seems as sure a thing as you’re likely to find. 

Another kid we have high hopes for - even though he’s older than Harvey I think and is still playing in the u18s - is Layton Stewart and he scored again today. He’s been in great form this season and it’s worth tuning into the u18 games on LFCTV just to watch him. Quality forward who isn’t just a goalscorer, he’s a good all around player. We might see him in the FA Cup this year if the draw is favourable.

Sunday Nov 8:

City 1 L 1 First half was a great advert for the Premier League, the second half was boring as fuck. Probably a few reasons for that, including tiredness and the amount of respect both teams have for each other. We went at it like a bull out of the gate to begin with and we caught City off guard with the 4-2-4 set up. We only scored once though and that was never going to be enough. City levelled and then eventually figured out what we were doing and adapted accordingly. After that it was just a big stalemate.

The point is better for us than them though as they were the home side and they’re behind us in the table. It’s not a bad point for either side though really, especially as City must be looking at our growing injury list and fancying their chances of catching us. Trent became the latest casualty today and we won’t see him for at least a month and probably more.

Guardiola had a rant about it afterwards and he was spot on really. Him and Klopp are still pissed off that the five subs rule wasn’t sanctioned by the rest of the league. That chat they had immediately after the whistle was about that apparently. They shook hands and then Klopp just went off on one about the five sub things and they seemed to be in lock step about it based on what Guardiola said afterwards.

Guardiola’s rant kind of felt like he was talking about more than just that though. “The rest of the world all do it one way but this country knows better”. Feels like a bit of a brexit dig that, which I’m all in favour of too, so well played there Pep.

In terms of the five sub thing, he was pointing out the amount of injuries that we’re seeing and he referenced what happened today as evidence of it, citing the loss of England’s right back as evidence as to how we aren’t protecting the players. He’s right, even if he did call him Alexander Trent-Arnold. I can forgive that as for years my Mum called him Terrence Trent-Alexander, while my Dad just calls him Arnold.

So now the lads all go off to play internationals and we know someone is going to come back crocked. My money is on Gomez because he’s ripe for an injury right now. He’s played every game lately with no rest. If it’s not him, it’ll be Gini. But it’s most likely Joey G because that injury would hit us hardest and that’s just the way things have gone.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that the Week that Was is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic

Top Outer Mongolia analysis there Dave. 

Couple of other notes... 

1. I remember you jibbing off that tlw footy and was like "what a fucking hom". Then about two years ago I tore my calf playing tennis in Vietnam. It did indeed go 'twang' and put me on crutches for a week. Excruciating. What I saw Trent suffering bore no relation to what I felt, but now I'm wondering whether it's because maybe I'm a big hom? *shrugs*. I can still feel that injury to this day. Thank goodness for those beds on the plane eh?

2. I wasn't even born in 1996, let alone "half my life". 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Dave, I think it’s time you eventually get the whole team of sport science geeks. Maybe for X’mas ? It would not be fair for Sepp, but well life is hard, let it bleed right ?

I don’t agree about Mo, he really let us down with a big game soon and and injury crisis. Is he stupid or what to behave like he did ? Not professional at all and a total lack of respect to his team mates, to the manager, to the club, and to all of us who are trying to fight this fuckin’ epidemic.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, rb14 said:

Top Outer Mongolia analysis there Dave. 

Couple of other notes... 

1. I remember you jibbing off that tlw footy and was like "what a fucking hom". Then about two years ago I tore my calf playing tennis in Vietnam. It did indeed go 'twang' and put me on crutches for a week. Excruciating. What I saw Trent suffering bore no relation to what I felt, but now I'm wondering whether it's because maybe I'm a big hom? *shrugs*. I can still feel that injury to this day. Thank goodness for those beds on the plane eh?

2. I wasn't even born in 1996, let alone "half my life". 

I see this post was negged. Not sure if it's for the scandalous lying about your age, the use of the expression 'big hom' or the bragging about the jet set lifestyle.

If it's for the use of 'big hom' that's harsh as it's like ragging on Snoop Dog for use of the N word.

If it's for the other stuff then yeah, totally justified. Flash old cunt.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Mark M said:

Apparently City lodged a complaint against Sky because of how Keane had a pop at Walker.

Seen pretty thin skinned at the City press office.

Id have loved some pundits to call out Moreno during his time with us in the same way.

This wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, they're the kid that takes their ball home and tells their mum the other boys were calling him names.

• Upvote 1

On 15/11/2020 at 23:16, Mark M said:

Apparently City lodged a complaint against Sky because of how Keane had a pop at Walker.

Seen pretty thin skinned at the City press office.

Id have loved some pundits to call out Moreno during his time with us in the same way.

To be fair Carra absolutely savaged him on more than one occasion. Then he had to play alongside him in that Australia friendly game!

City complaining about Keane doesn't surprise me. They don't respond well to any criticism, but in fairness to them I think maybe this time it's kind of warranted as Keane proper laid into him! 

"Mané's done well, Roy?"

"Yeah but he's up against an idiot" 

Brilliant report, Dave. I think you jinxed Joe with this though "So now the lads all go off to play internationals and we know someone is going to come back crocked. My money is on Gomez because he’s ripe for an injury right now. He’s played every game lately with no rest. If it’s not him, it’ll be Gini. But it’s most likely Joey G because that injury would hit us hardest and that’s just the way things have gone."

And bang on about Torres. Fully agree with you so I'll stand beside you on that hill.

Agree with you about Bobby. Love the lad to bits but he's not worthy of a place in the team right now. You can overlook the lack of goals while the pressing is there but even that is lacking. You get the feeling Jurgen is trying to play him back to form but with Jota's stunning performances, you have to say bench Bobby. I honestly thought we were a man light against city with Bobby's performance.

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic