You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you (or have you ever) smoked cigarettes?

How do you feel about the opposite sex/potential sex victim smoking? I was always sure I wouldn't date a smoker, but for some reason some women I could give a pass to, some I couldn't let it go. My wife smoked when we met but I made her give up

3 minutes ago, Remmie said:

How do you feel about the opposite sex/potential sex victim smoking? I was always sure I wouldn't date a smoker, but for some reason some women I could give a pass to, some I couldn't let it go. My wife smoked when we met but I made her give up

Some scally women look pretty tasty with a ciggie, deffo a fit scouse aunty vibe going on. It'd put me off these days for the fact they have to go out for one all the time if you were in the pub or restaurant, it's just a massive inconvenience.

2 minutes ago, Remmie said:

My bird is a healthy vegan. Her only real vice is prosecco once a week. 

My last 2 exes were smokers but both only socially never sober. It didn't bother me that much but if I'm honest I'd prefer to never be with a smoker again. It's not a deal breaker though. People can do what the fuck they like as long as they aren't harming anyone else. The deal breaker is and always will be her mother from now on. 

I used to smoke 40 Marlboro a day (60 at the weekend when out for the night) but gave up when I was around 30 and never smoked since.  I just got sick of them.  17 years on and I still dream every now and then that I've gone back on them and I wake up all disappointed, to then realise it was a dream and it's ok.  Mad how they can take hold of you.

I'd have had 3 or 4 smokes before I left the house in the morning to pick up a mate of mine on the way to work.  He smoked a similar amount to me and when I picked him up one morning when I was off them about a week I couldn't get over the smell of him when he got in the car. Something that was masked up until then by me having alkready had a smoke in the car on the way to him. When I realised that's what I smelled like too when I smoked it made it a lot easier to stay off them.

I know I'll never go back.  For starters it'd cost me a fucking fortune to smoke that many now.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JohnnyH said:

I used to smoke 40 Marlboro a day (60 at the weekend when out for the night) but gave up when I was around 30 and never smoked since.  I just got sick of them.  17 years on and I still dream every now and then that I've gone back on them and I wake up all disappointed, to then realise it was a dream and it's ok.  Mad how they can take hold of you.

I'd have had 3 or 4 smokes before I left the house in the morning to pick up a mate of mine on the way to work.  He smoked a similar amount to me and when I picked him up one morning when I was off them about a week I couldn't get over the smell of him when he got in the car. Something that was masked up until then by me having alkready had a smoke in the car on the way to him. When I realised that's what I smelled like too when I smoked it made it a lot easier to stay off them.

I know I'll never go back.  For starters it'd cost me a fucking fortune to smoke that many now.

Fucking hell, not Marlboro reds I hope.... 

26 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Never met a current or ex one, where you from Mook, this all very blasé.

I'm from Hawick in The Borders but lived in Edinburgh for 23 years (just moved to Musselburgh) & met all sorts.

I've not really got any time for smackheads but no problem with people who have kicked it. I would never go near the fucking stuff myself.

56 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Marlboro lights were the goto cigarette for me, marlboro reds were like smoking Alien acid.

When I was at uni in Sheffield, one of my housemates used to smoke those. No idea how many in a day but I remember we all went back home for Christmas. When he came back and unlocked his door, this almighty stench hit us. He'd left a full ashtray in there for two weeks and it stunk out the whole house. Industrial grade air freshener and Febreze wouldn't have shifted it.

I smoked from about 12 and packed up at 20.

I'd wanted to pack up for about 18 months or so so used the old New Year's resolution method which lasted about an hour, (pissed) and just carried on.

Decided I was going to try again the following New Year and lapsed again about 2 hours later that time it was the post shag ciggy, so I decided to stop 2 weeks later.

I just kept saying to myself, on the 15th of January,  No more and on that date I stopped.

Never touched one since 15/1/1984.

The problem was, I worked in a cheese dairy at the time so I substituted the ciggies for cheese.

Not a great idea.

Gained 2 stone in 5 months and when I was made redundant 5 months later. I'd gained another 2.

Moral of story?,  If you want to pack up smoking, choose a low calorie substitute!

1 minute ago, Harry's Lad said:

I smoked from about 12 and packed up at 20.

I'd wanted to pack up for about 18 months or so so used the old New Year's resolution method which lasted about an hour, (pissed) and just carried on.

Decided I was going to try again the following New Year and lapsed again about 2 hours later that time it was the post shag ciggy, so I decided to stop 2 weeks later.

I just kept saying to myself, on the 15th of January,  No more and on that date I stopped.

Never touched one since 15/1/1984.

The problem was, I worked in a cheese dairy at the time so I substituted the ciggies for cheese.

Not a great idea.

Gained 2 stone in 5 months and when I was made redundant 5 months later. I'd gained another 2.

Moral of story?,  If you want to pack up smoking, choose a low calorie substitute!

You gave up smoking about a month before I was born. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Fucking hell, not Marlboro reds I hope.... 

Haha, before they got too expensive I used to smoke the reds. Could never get on with the Lights.

When I was sailing I used to get them from Senegal for about 50p a packet. They'd put hairs on your chest... probably banned in the Chemical Warfare Treaty now

I stopped in Jan 2005 after smoking for about 17 years.

Had tried (and failed) many times to stop but I never really lasted long so always started again but when I met my wife and we both smoked, picking up two packets of B&H was getting expensive so I promised myself that when they were a fiver a packet I would stop. 

We both stopped at the same time, reading the Alan Carr (not chatty man) book and haven't looked back. I thought the real test would be when my dad died on the April of that year but didn't go back to them. 

Have had the occasional one since when I am pissed and boy does it hurt your chest, stink always going outside is its a massive pain in the arse. 

They are so expensive now, I'm amazed how most can afford it.