You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you (or have you ever) smoked cigarettes?

1 minute ago, littletedwest said:

I'm a bit lost really, I know its pathetic for a 40 year old but I still love the feeling of being smashed once a week. Feel like Henry Hill at the end of goodfellas

If it is pathetic then you’re far from on your own.

I guess when it becomes more than once a week, or when even that impacts other people in you life, then it’s a different story but I think once a week isn’t so bad. 

• Upvote 1

Yup, smoked rollies

Gave up about 4 years ago with a few relapses but nothing major

It's about £12 for 30g now, I'm told, and that used to last me 2 weeks so cost wasn't a major issue although it doe add up

Mainly health, yellow fingers and stinking like an ash tray

Both my parents smoked and I fucking hated it for as long as I can remember, I find it gross and repellent, never even tried a single drag. Other then satisfying a craving it's hard to understand what single benefit/positive there is, it's never looked cool to me. 

Cigars always look cool but surely people can't enjoy them, horrible.

We never had Sky as a kid, so I'd always go around to my grandads to watch the football or rugby as he had the sports channels.  Only problem being was that he had a small living room and smoked a pipe constantly, I had to take regular breaks out of there as it fucking stunk and raped my lungs. The passive smoking inducing old cunt.

I started smoking in the Navy when all the smokers used to constantly fuck off for smoke breaks on the quarterdeck. Cheeky bastards. I joined them. Once I left the Navy and for the rest of my 20's I can probably count on one hand the amount of smokes I had sober but as soon as I had a drink I'd be off like a chimney. I quit then for a good while but had a shitty year a few years back that just turned my life upside down and I found myself smoking to de-stress. Still do on and off, mainly when I drink. I promised myself I will quit at the end of this year after we buried my mum (20 a day woman since she was a kid) and I fully intend to stand by that although as has been rightly pointed out to me "if you really want to quit you would just stop". For me I want it to be an event. That last smoke and blow it into the moonlight then never touch one of the dirty stinking horrible fuckers again. 

I don't look down on people who smoke. I understand it. I look down on people who look down on people who smoke because who the fuck are they to judge. I don't judge them for sitting on dildos. 

That said, everyone should fucking quit. It's disgusting. But great when you've had a drink. But horrible. But cool. But shite. 

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, Elite said:

Cigars always look cool but surely people can't enjoy them, horrible.

We never had Sky as a kid, so I'd always go around to my grandads to watch the football or rugby as he had the sports channels.  Only problem being was that he had a small living room and smoked a pipe constantly, I had to take regular breaks out of there as it fucking stunk and raped my lungs. The passive smoking inducing old cunt.

Had similar- my dad and uncle would have cribbage nights in the '70s and both would smoke either pipes or cigars in the kitchen or front room. You could cut the air with a knife by the end of the evening.

used to smoke the odd cigar from the age of about 18/19 until time came to sign mortgage life insurance forms and I had to put myself down as a non smoker. Never in public though, usually in the bath with a beer. You can't smoke cigars and not look a dickhead until you're at least 50.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

used to smoke the odd cigar from the age of about 18/19 until time came to sign mortgage life insurance forms and I had to put myself down as a non smoker. Never in public though, usually in the bath with a beer. You can't smoke cigars and not look a dickhead until you're at least 50.

Smoking and drinking in the bath? That's something Rigby would do.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

I started social smoking when I was 20 & done it for 20 years, with added bouts of smoking at work etc. Stopped in March this year, mainly due to having a dodgy lung. It's been by far the biggest positive of this virus for me.

I still gasp on a snout when I'm drinking like, I've met ex smackheads who reckon giving up smack was easier.

Starting smoking is probably the biggest regret of my life although not shagging hot Caroline from Sports Direct is up there.

Never met a current or ex one, where you from Mook, this all very blasé.