You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you (or have you ever) smoked cigarettes?

3 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

None smoker here, bob standard size Silk Cut. 

The smell of a freshly opened pack of Embassy filter was at the time, a joy. Embassy number 1, as well as Filter had the ciggie equivelant of a Greenshield stamp in them.  

The blue ticket?

Edit :  Thats the one.

I remember when I was about 14 me and a few mates were fuckin around on the docks, we got into one of the sheds and took some untreated tobacco leaves, we got back to ours and rolled some up to smoke and fuck me we nearly choked to death, you would of thought that would of been enough to put you off but no started smoking back at school, 5 Park Drive, loosies which could of been anything, No 10, Carlton were rough if I remember right  Embassy Regal became the choice and Baccy now. 

It's shit but I don't think I can give it up, expensive shit at that, I've been on a 11 hour flight and never had a drink because I'd of wanted a  smoke if I did, terrible habit it is. 

Top Ten fags smoked by Mudface sorted by volume-

1 Marlboro Lights

2 Camel Lights

3 Marlboro Red

4 Various shit rollies, Drum, Golden Vagina, all that crap

5 Slick Cunt

6 JPS Black

7 Rothmans (Christ, these were strong)

8 Various Menthol versions of the above

9 Lambert and Fucking Butler

10 Gauloise (you could feel the tar dripping off your fingers)

My bird used to smoke Mayfair and Pall Mall, but she was an utter cunt and robbed mine most of the time.

Worst fags ever- Silk Cut Silver.

A friend of ours was trying to give up and persuaded me to give him a Silk Cut- he had nicotine patches, was chewing nicotine gum, and took the filter off and taped up the holes with a bit of Rizla. This shit's addictive, kids, but just remember, the real drugs are in the filter, smoke that shit.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I remember when I was about 14 me and a few mates were fuckin around on the docks, we got into one of the sheds and took some untreated tobacco leaves, we got back to ours and rolled some up to smoke and fuck me we nearly choked to death, you would of thought that would of been enough to put you off but no started smoking back at school, 5 Park Drive, loosies which could of been anything, No 10, Carlton were rough if I remember right  Embassy Regal became the choice and Baccy now. 

It's shit but I don't think I can give it up, expensive shit at that, I've been on a 11 hour flight and never had a drink because I'd of wanted a  smoke if I did, terrible habit it is. 

5 Park Drive and a book of matches, (books of matches don't rattle) about 8 pence if I remember correctly.

Loosies were usually No10, Embassy Gold or Sovereign.Them Carlton, I think they were in a dark purple packet, you're right, rough as arseholes. Three Fives along with Lambert & Butler were shite.

Never really smoked any Players ciggies, they were a bit coarse for me.

Never should have started, only did because my mates did. Fucking stupid.

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

5 Park Drive and a book of matches, (books of matches don't rattle) about 8 pence if I remember correctly.

Loosies were usually No10, Embassy Gold or Sovereign.Them Carlton, I think they were in a dark purple packet, you're right, rough as arseholes. Three Fives along with Lambert & Butler were shite.

Never really smoked any Players ciggies, they were a bit coarse for me.

Never should have started, only did because my mates did. Fucking stupid.

Yes Carlton were in a purple packet, Sovereign were in a gold one and like Number 10 all the cheaper ones. 

It is a pretty stupid thing to do. 

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

Good roach material.

Smoked from age 15 to 38. Started on JPS Superkings, £1.80 for 20 in 1990. Finished up rolling my own, ready mades just got too expensive. Been given up for just over 8 years now. Probably couldn't afford to start again now with the price of them.

No roach clips then? Good for you by giving it up for that long, a mate did the same only for about 2 years though and then started again, how stupid is that as I would if thought that once the hard work was done and you had got that far there was no going back? 

4 hours ago, easytoslip said:

No roach clips then? Good for you by giving it up for that long, a mate did the same only for about 2 years though and then started again, how stupid is that as I would if thought that once the hard work was done and you had got that far there was no going back? 

Never had a roach clip. Accessories were hard to come by on the Isle of Man. We got by with what we had.

Yeah it seems a bit silly going through all that to give up and then going back to it. I used Zyban to give up, it makes ciggies taste really bad and just takes away the desire for them. In the past 8 years I've probably thought "I'd love a smoke" about 3 times, all on stressful occasions. 

2 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Never had a roach clip. Accessories were hard to come by on the Isle of Man. We got by with what we had.

Yeah it seems a bit silly going through all that to give up and then going back to it. I used Zyban to give up, it makes ciggies taste really bad and just takes away the desire for them. In the past 8 years I've probably thought "I'd love a smoke" about 3 times, all on stressful occasions. 

No roach clips for us, I've seen them on the telly. 

That sounds a good idea to make taste bad  , I know a few who vape then every now and then a ciggie, which defeats the object.

I can understand the craving though and the need to have one at times though, I knew an alcoholic and he said I've not had a drink for 8 years but the craving never goes away so that must be really tough going. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I smoked about 10 a day, but quit before the smoking ban. 

Even after all this time, when I'm really drunk, my body craves one. 

I don't crave them at all, not even when I'm pissed, haven't for years, decades even.

I hate the smell of ciggy smoke now, cigars more so.

I used to work with a fella who used to smoke Hamlets.

Now they fucking stink. You could smell him a mile off even when he wasn't smoking.

He was an older fella who had grey hair, only his was nicotine yellow/brown.

Shudder to think what his lungs were like.

49 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I don't crave them at all, not even when I'm pissed, haven't for years, decades even.

I hate the smell of ciggy smoke now, cigars more so.

I used to work with a fella who used to smoke Hamlets.

Now they fucking stink. You could smell him a mile off even when he wasn't smoking.

He was an older fella who had grey hair, only his was nicotine yellow/brown.

Shudder to think what his lungs were like.

That's the pits, grey yellowy hair.

The Lungs probably compliment the hair regarding colour.