You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barnes: Klopp would have got Liverpool sack if black or English

Bjornebye

So we’ve just secured the most sought after coach in Europe who then takes over a poor squad in October (and by Johns calculations would one major transfer window to work in) He then gets us to two cup finals and the following season gets us top four which for the owners is better than winning a trophy (just ask Kenny).

And yet in Barnes (who is one of my favourite ever players) deluded mind we are going to just sack Jurgen even though he has achieved in 18 months all the above  

Sorry John but please just stop 

• Upvote 1

Obviously Digger is talking shite but there was some strange opinions around March and Oct 2017, here’s a few, not putting names to them as they’ll be embarrassed. But there WAS some discussion about Jurgen

I'll be brutally honest, I want Klopp gone. It's not going to get any better under him.

The fact that Mignolet, Lovren, Moreno, Henderson, Sturridge are still here is absolutely fucking criminal. Even a blind cunt can see they are fucking turds. How can Klopp not see this or have figured this out yet? Even worse than this is the fact he's added average/even worse players to the existing squad.

Klopp had a head start on Conte, Guardiola and Mourinho.

City already had an abundance striking options. They tried to sign Sanchez.

Utd signed Lukaku.

Chelsea signed Morata.

Arsenal signed Lacazette.

We signed Solanke.

Are you telling my Klopp couldn't have signed Aubameyang if he wanted him? Could have sold Origi, Ings and Sturridge if money was an issue to fund it, which I don't believe it was. Why Chamberlain???

Aside from Guardiola, all have won trophies before Klopp. From the looks of it, City will win a few trophies this season.

Everyone has progressed and we've regressed. 

We need a manager that is going to take no prisoners with the useless cunts in our squad and replace them with top notch players who would die for the club.

Get Simeone in, who you know is going to organise a team and bring in some hard ruthless cunts.

——————————————-

I feel so numb with the state of our squad and the decisions that Klopp is making that I can't even be bothered to get angry any more.

Glaring holes in our squad, none of which were addressed in the summer and it's costing us big.

Same old shite week in, week out. It's like the same match on loop every week.

I'm sure Liverpool's No 9 will be along soon calling me out for being a negative fucker.

—————————————————

This is down to Klopp's poor judgement I'm afraid.

The reason I'm saying this is that you don't need £1 billion to improve a spine of Mignolet, Lovren, Henderson and Firmino.

He's brought in a worse keeper in Karius.

Yes he wanted Van Dijk. Where was the alternative? Klaven is as bad, if not worse than Lovren.

Not replaced Henderson. Keita signed for next season, but that's 12 months away, when we're unlikely to be in the Champs league again. He's spent £35m on Chamberlain, £25m on Gini. And people say he's not had any money to spend?

Firmino will never score enough goals. Has fuck all pace. Even worse, Sturridge is the back up, another who should have been fucked off.

The state of our squad is depressing as fuck.

————————————

It's not rocket science.

Improve the defence, get a striker, find a solid midfielder. 

Instead he buys another left back, doesnt play him, then spends £40m on a wingback who wants to play CM but instead brings him on as a winger with 10 mins left. 

He shit out of a lot of big managerial calls this summer. 

—————————————-

2 years is long enough to see an ideology start to take shape.

I've got no idea what we're doing.  It seems like we're trying to counter-attack against every team, even those who don't come out of their half.  

Is this it?  Where's the 'death by football'?   

80% of our games are against teams who want to sit deep from the first whistle.

—————————

9 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Obviously Digger is talking shite but there was some strange opinions around March and Oct 2017, here’s a few, not putting names to them as they’ll be embarrassed. But there WAS some discussion about Jurgen

I'll be brutally honest, I want Klopp gone. It's not going to get any better under him.

The fact that Mignolet, Lovren, Moreno, Henderson, Sturridge are still here is absolutely fucking criminal. Even a blind cunt can see they are fucking turds. How can Klopp not see this or have figured this out yet? Even worse than this is the fact he's added average/even worse players to the existing squad.

Utd signed Lukaku.

Chelsea signed Morata.

We signed Solanke.

Are you telling my Klopp couldn't have signed Aubameyang if he wanted him? Could have sold Origi, Ings and Sturridge if money was an issue to fund it, which I don't believe it was. Why Chamberlain???

Aside from Guardiola, all have won trophies before Klopp. From the looks of it, City will win a few trophies this season.

We need a manager that is going to take no prisoners with the useless cunts in our squad and replace them with top notch players who would die for the club.

Get Simeone in, who you know is going to organise a team and bring in some hard ruthless cunts.

——————————————-

I feel so numb with the state of our squad and the decisions that Klopp is making that I can't even be bothered to get angry any more.

Glaring holes in our squad, none of which were addressed in the summer and it's costing us big.

I'm sure Liverpool's No 9 will be along soon calling me out for being a negative fucker.

—————————————————

The reason I'm saying this is that you don't need £1 billion to improve a spine of Mignolet, Lovren, Henderson and Firmino.

Yes he wanted Van Dijk. Where was the alternative? Klaven is as bad, if not worse than Lovren.

Not replaced Henderson. Keita signed for next season, but that's 12 months away, when we're unlikely to be in the Champs league again. He's spent £35m on Chamberlain, £25m on Gini. And people say he's not had any money to spend?

Firmino will never score enough goals. Has fuck all pace. Even worse, Sturridge is the back up, another who should have been fucked off.

————————————

It's not rocket science.

Instead he buys another left back, doesnt play him, then spends £40m on a wingback who wants to play CM but instead brings him on as a winger with 10 mins left. 

—————————————-

I've got no idea what we're doing.  It seems like we're trying to counter-attack against every team, even those who don't come out of their half.  

—————————

Name and shame. Unless it’s me.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Utd signed Lukaku.

Chelsea signed Morata.

We signed Solanke.

——————————————-

—————————————————

————————————

It's not rocket science.

—————————————-

—————————

NAME AND SHAME or at least link the thread 

Barnes is badly badly wrong here!

This idea that managers get sacked because they are Black or English is nonsense. I say this because presumably clubs know the Nationality and skin colour of the manager before they hire them? If there is an example where a club hired someone then sacked them a few days later then he may have a point, but to my knowledge its never happened? 

Football managers get sacked for all sorts of reasons but its mainly because the results are shite. I remember in 2018 when Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink got sacked by Northampton (They hadn't won in 9 games and were on the verge of being relegated) and the kick racism out of football group came out and said it was disgraceful. Later on that year Northampton appointed Keith Curle, yet there was silence from the very same group. 

If Barnes lost 4-0 to Spurs at Wembley after that horrible January February period where we won 1 game out of 12 (if memory serves) , he'd have been under serious pressure from media and fans alike.

Klopp and his methods were being seriously questioned at that time, and I was one of them. So were FSG and their clear reluctance to spend the money needed.

None of that had anything to do with skin colour, though.

2 minutes ago, m0e said:

If Barnes lost 4-0 to Spurs at Wembley after that horrible January February period where we won 1 game out of 12 (if memory serves) , he'd have been under serious pressure from media and fans alike.

Klopp and his methods were being seriously questioned at that time, and I was one of them. So were FSG and their clear reluctance to spend the money needed.

Nor nationality. 

I hate to say it, but Barnes is talking shite here. Klopp wouldn't have got sacked, because he was improving the team. @liverpoolsno9 can post negative comments from this forum all he likes, but nobody on here would be doing the hiring and firing.

He goes on to mention how British managers wouldn't get a chance, yet brushes past lampard at Chelsea. Moyes was a pick in Salford and OGS didn't get his chance because he's got foreign flair, it's because he made his name here. In the last 10 years we've had 3 British managers. Spurs gave redknapp and Sherwood rolls of the dice under levy. Arteta might be Spanish, but like OGS he got the job because of his premier league and club links. It's a global game, where there PL is the top of the financial pyramid, so it stands to reason the top clubs will look for the best managers in the world. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I hate to say it, but Barnes is talking shite here. Klopp wouldn't have got sacked, because he was improving the team. @liverpoolsno9 can post negative comments from this forum all he likes, but nobody on here would be doing the hiring and firing.

He goes on to mention how British managers wouldn't get a chance, yet brushes past lampard at Chelsea. Moyes was a pick in Salford and OGS didn't get his chance because he's got foreign flair, it's because he made his name here. In the last 10 years we've had 3 British managers. Spurs gave redknapp and Sherwood rolls of the dice under levy. Arteta might be Spanish, but like OGS he got the job because of his premier league and club links. It's a global game, where there PL is the top of the financial pyramid, so it stands to reason the top clubs will look for the best managers in the world. 

All I’m saying is Klopp was getting some questions asked of him in 2017. Ive said I don’t agree with Digger but there were some disgruntled fans out there. I said there was Klopp out graffiti and gave evidence and was told it was probably by a blue, I was merely proving a point that that’s not necessarily so and there were some ultra critical fans. I’m not using them comments as proof he’d have been sacked at all. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

All I’m saying is Klopp was getting some questions asked of him in 2017. Ive said I don’t agree with Digger but there were some disgruntled fans out there. I said there was Klopp out graffiti and gave evidence and was told it was probably by a blue, I was merely proving a point that that’s not necessarily so and there were some ultra critical fans. I’m not using them comments as proof he’d have been sacked at all. 

He was 100% getting questions asked of him. It won't take long to find the evidence on here.

16 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Every manager ever has been questioned. You had the odd "cheerleader in chief" hysterical fannies and the eternal pessimists every fanbase has, but most people were only critical of certain games/small periods where we were shite. That's just normal. 

4 hours ago, m0e said:

I've never doubted Klopp, the main reason was that even when we had bad spells, we managed to turn it round.

I blamed FSG and their failure to get the VVD deal over the line. Strange how that season played out, we ended up in the Champions League final!