Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mudface

Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe Dies

Recommended Posts

Goodnight, sweet prince.
 

Only Bruno left now from that iconic photo.

 

Will never forget my Mum saying he always seemed like he would be a gentle man, then getting indignant when I took the piss and saying she obviously only meant she thought he would be gentle towards women.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m just about old enough to remember bits about how life was in these parts before he was caught. I certainly recall the scenes in Dewsbury, which is just down the road, when he was arrested. 
 

Ronald Gregory, who was Chief Inspector of West Yorkshire Police during much of the hunt for the Ripper, was a patient of my dads. According to my mum be treated my dad like his personal physician (my dad was too nice to ever say no). History doesn’t reflect well on him or the force he commanded. Some of the mistakes made can be explained, although not excused, as being a reflection on society at the time. Others were just monumental fuck ups that certainly led to unnecessary deaths. 
 

We went to dinner with him, his wife and her brother once whilst on holiday in Portugal. As a fanatical supporter of a certain unmentionable team that play in red, I remember listening to stories her brother told about standing on The Kop during the early 50’s, including Anfield's record attendance against Wolves. I don’t remember Peter Sutcliffe being high on on the list of conversation topics that night. 
 

Anyway, good riddance. 
 


 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Numero said:

Hell of an anecdote. Hell of an anecdote. 

Yes, it doesn’t really add much to the thread topic does it. I had chicken for dinner that night as well. The things you remember...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read a book a few years back that linked him to a shit load more murders than he was ever convicted of. A few in London. He had a sister or something down there. They don't make them like him no-more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Yes, it doesn’t really add much to the thread topic does it. I had chicken for dinner that night as well. The things you remember...

Well, at least you think it was chicken. 
 

It was probably chicken. 
 

Or was it?

 

Yeah, of course it was. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’m just about old enough to remember bits about how life was in these parts before he was caught. I certainly recall the scenes in Dewsbury, which is just down the road, when he was arrested. 
 

Ronald Gregory, who was Chief Inspector of West Yorkshire Police during much of the hunt for the Ripper, was a patient of my dads. According to my mum be treated my dad like his personal physician (my dad was too nice to ever say no). History doesn’t reflect well on him or the force he commanded. Some of the mistakes made can be explained, although not excused, as being a reflection on society at the time. Others were just monumental fuck ups that certainly led to unnecessary deaths. 
 

We went to dinner with him, his wife and her brother once whilst on holiday in Portugal. As a fanatical supporter of a certain unmentionable team that play in red, I remember listening to stories her brother told about standing on The Kop during the early 50’s, including Anfield's record attendance against Wolves. I don’t remember Peter Sutcliffe being high on on the list of conversation topics that night. 
 

Anyway, good riddance. 
 


 

 

There was no cross county data shared (or very little) back then. If you were of a mind to go out and be a cunt just do it miles away from home and you'd generally be fine unless you were thick as fuck. I bet theirs thousands of sickos walking the streets knowing they committed some hideous crime in another part of the country in the 50's/60's/70's and know they wont ever get caught. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I read a book a few years back that linked him to a shit load more murders than he was ever convicted of. A few in London. He had a sister or something down there. They don't make them like him no-more. 

 

ripper.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×