You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe Dies

Mudface

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

There was no cross county data shared (or very little) back then. If you were of a mind to go out and be a cunt just do it miles away from home and you'd generally be fine unless you were thick as fuck. I bet theirs thousands of sickos walking the streets knowing they committed some hideous crime in another part of the country in the 50's/60's/70's and know they wont ever get caught. 

And that's just if you include members of this place. 

1 hour ago, Edward. said:

I used to live in Yorkshire and was convinced it was my Dad, I was only 6 or 7, but he was always away when there was an attack. Thankfully the night he was caught he was with us in a hotel but had just popped out for something.

To hide a hammer in someone's van?

3 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’m just about old enough to remember bits about how life was in these parts before he was caught. I certainly recall the scenes in Dewsbury, which is just down the road, when he was arrested. 

Ronald Gregory, who was Chief Inspector of West Yorkshire Police during much of the hunt for the Ripper, was a patient of my dads. According to my mum be treated my dad like his personal physician (my dad was too nice to ever say no). History doesn’t reflect well on him or the force he commanded. Some of the mistakes made can be explained, although not excused, as being a reflection on society at the time. Others were just monumental fuck ups that certainly led to unnecessary deaths. 

We went to dinner with him, his wife and her brother once whilst on holiday in Portugal. As a fanatical supporter of a certain unmentionable team that play in red, I remember listening to stories her brother told about standing on The Kop during the early 50’s, including Anfield's record attendance against Wolves. I don’t remember Peter Sutcliffe being high on on the list of conversation topics that night. 

Anyway, good riddance. 

He probably had your dad down as a suspect and just wanted to keep an eye on him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

I wonder what Noel O’Gara is up to today, given his conspiracy theoryesque insistence that Sutcliffe wasn’t the real Yorkshire Ripper.

16283351._UY217_SS217_.jpg

You'd be pissed off if you were Sutcliffe. Years of murdering in all weather. Then a life in the nick, having your eye stabbed out. Then some twat tries to steal your glory

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, suzy said:

I read a book a few years ago written by the son of his first victim. Him and his siblings suffered so much, it stuck with me. They all had problems with drugs, alcohol etc. Made me think how the other families must have suffered too.

He was on 5 live earlier describing the morning his mother was found dead , the poor sod . Among other things apparently the Yorkshire police still hadn't apologized for labelling the prostitutes who were murdered as less than innocent by comparison to the women who weren't in the trade . 

Yorkshire has more than its fair share of cunts it seems

• Upvote 1

Mentioned it before on the serial killers thread that 'big Pete' was caught a couple of miles from our house,also that the YTS I was on six years later was based two buildings down from where he stashed his hammer.

He'd come to Sheffield as West Yorks plod had closed off his Leeds and Bradford hunting grounds and he'd been seen in the city a few days earlier.The two Plods who nicked him for false number plates weren't supposed to be in the Melbourne Avenue area,so the rumours go. 

Fucking hell. Half of you cunts knew the ripper, someone used to live next door to Fred West or something they said the other day. We've got Shipman the second offing old ladies at a considerably high rate and you can't tell me 3 Stacks doesn't chop humans up on a Tuesday. I won't be watering my hanging basket anymore. 

4 minutes ago, Stickman said:

When you check out the first couple of  Police photofits of who their main suspect was for the murders I’m surprised Jimmy Hill never got called in for questioning 

001A312200000258-0-image-m-4_14619660745

Cant have been him, He was in Vietnam

full-metal-jacket-i-am-become-death.jpg

46 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

...and you can't tell me 3 Stacks doesn't chop humans up on a Tuesday. I won't be watering my hanging basket anymore. 

Deffo the top one from Wikipedia’s unidentified serial killers in Canada.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_serial_killers_by_country

Canada

The Highway of Tears is a 725-kilometre (450 mi) corridor of Highway 16 between Prince George and Prince RupertBritish ColumbiaCanada, which has been the location of many murders and disappearances beginning in 1970. The phrase was coined during a vigil held in Terrace, British Columbiain 1998, by Florence Naziel, who was thinking of the victims' families crying over their loved ones.[1] There is a disproportionately high number of Indigenous women on the list of victims. Proposed explanations for the years-long endurance of the crimes and the limited progress in identifying culprits include povertydrug abuse, widespread domestic violence, disconnection with traditional culture and disruption of the family unit through the foster care system and Canadian Indian residential school system.[2][3][4][5] Poverty in particular leads to low rates of car ownership and mobility; thus, hitchhiking is often the only way for many to travel vast distances to see family or go to work, school, or seek medical treatment. Another factor leading to abductions and murders is that the area is largely isolated and remote, with soft soil in many areas and carnivorous scavengers to carry away human remains; these factors precipitate violent attacks, as perpetrators feel a sense of impunity, privacy, and the ability to easily carry out their crimes and hide evidence.[6][7][8]

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Fucking hell. Half of you cunts knew the ripper, someone used to live next door to Fred West or something they said the other day. We've got Shipman the second offing old ladies at a considerably high rate and you can't tell me 3 Stacks doesn't chop humans up on a Tuesday. I won't be watering my hanging basket anymore. 

Nah, 3 Stacks looks down on serial killers. 

• Upvote 1