You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New xbox series x/s

niallers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Furmedge said:

Bought one of the kids an xbox S for Christmas so will mainly use it for the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. If I buy the pass now I can wait for Christmas to redeem the code, right? It doesn't activate the moment I purchase, does it?

Should only redeem when you type in the code.

Might be worth stacking Xbox Live Gold subs, then converting them for £1, assuming they still offer that.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Furmedge said:

Bought one of the kids an xbox S for Christmas so will mainly use it for the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. If I buy the pass now I can wait for Christmas to redeem the code, right? It doesn't activate the moment I purchase, does it?

Buy 3 years worth of xbox live gold and then convert it to 3 years worth of Gamepass Ultimate for a quid. You can buy Turkish or whatever live gold from Eneba or CD Keys as long as you use a VPN as it is much cheaper. Should be about 90 euro or so for 3 years. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePass/wiki/index/gold-ultimate-conversion/

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Buy 3 years worth of xbox live gold and then convert it to 3 years worth of Gamepass Ultimate for a quid. You can buy Turkish or whatever live gold from Eneba or CD Keys as long as you use a VPN as it is much cheaper. Should be about 90 euro or so for 3 years. 

I read something about that last night but wasn't sure of the process.  Cheers, la.  And you BBN.

12 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Does that still work? I'll give it a spin if it does...

6 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Does that still work? I'll give it a spin if it does...

It should. Did last month. It works even if you have done it before but you have to buy a month of Ultimate instead of paying a quid. If you already have Gamepass you have to let it run out first. 

On 12/11/2020 at 19:14, niallers said:

Anyone having difficulty in procuring one?  Fucking next to impossible to get one over here in Ireland. Cunts online already selling them for 3 and 4 times the price. My 11 year old wants one for Xmas and I'm starting to worry that there won't be enough stock to meet demand worldwide never mind over here. 

Yep, unless I pay 200/250 over the retail which I just don't want to do on principle, they're out of stock everywhere because CEX are buying them off people for 40 quid more than retail.

20 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Yep, unless I pay 200/250 over the retail which I just don't want to do on principle, they're out of stock everywhere because CEX are buying them off people for 40 quid more than retail.

Download the Hot Stock app and you’ll get a notification on your phone when they’re in stock somewhere. Can be a bit annoying when it says they’re in and they get sold out before you grab one but it’s your best chance of getting one. 

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/hotstock-in-stock-alerts/id1257690900

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Game Pass is excellent, but it offers such good value that I find I now can't buy new games as they seem absurdly overpriced in comparison.

It’s superb. I completed Sniper Elite 4 (which is great) and then paid £27.99 for an expansion pack with more levels and I’ve never resented paying for anything more in my life. 

The new footy manager on Game Pass on launch day as well was decent. 

1 hour ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I think i got the very last one in my home town last year. Currys got 10 in and told nobody and twas by fluke that my next door neighbour was in there and told me to head down. Blessed. How they're still low on stock a year later is a fucking mystery

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, niallers said:

I think i got the very last one in my home town last year. Currys got 10 in and told nobody and twas by fluke that my next door neighbour was in there and told me to head down. Blessed. How they're still low on stock a year later is a fucking mystery

It's still do with the chip manufacturing industry. Something happened to one of the main manufacturing sites (I genuinely have no idea what but I think it may have been due to one of the massive fires) and they are building a massive new one, but it's going to take up to 3 years to build. Until them, everything that has a chip inside is considered to be at a premium. 

2 hours ago, Total Longo said:

Had a look at amazon.de as Furmedge suggested and they had one retailing for 599 euros with postage of 350 euros. Seems legit. 

I managed to stick one in my basket direct from amazon.de for €499 but it was about 30 seconds after I got buzzed by that HotStock app.