You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New xbox series x/s

niallers

Anyone having difficulty in procuring one?  Fucking next to impossible to get one over here in Ireland. Cunts online already selling them for 3 and 4 times the price. My 11 year old wants one for Xmas and I'm starting to worry that there won't be enough stock to meet demand worldwide never mind over here. 

Thought I had one and got refunded. Twats as had I known they took the order with no stock John Lewis had stock. 

Going to wait till January. 

Got Stars Wars, AC Valhalla, God of War, Witcher 3, Horizon zero dawn all unplayed. 

I'll wait till January and get the xbox in a deal with Cyber Punk and Hitman. Gives Cyberpunk the chance to iron out the glitches with patches. 

• 1 month later...

I got one, the last one in my city I think. 500 quid is a lot of money but my 11 year old is happy and it's future proofed until he can fucking buy his own the next time. It won't show its full potential until more games come online but the speed and graphics are unreal and I can still play my 12 year old tomb raider 360 game on it. 

• 5 months later...
12 hours ago, paddyberger said:

We've got one of each, both fine but the S you will likely be constantly managing the HD for space.

Yeah that was the only issue I could see with it, but I’m only planning on using it with the game pass and having two or three games on the go at any one time so should be alright. 

21 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Yeah that was the only issue I could see with it, but I’m only planning on using it with the game pass and having two or three games on the go at any one time so should be alright. 

My son has been moaning about space. I did get him and external HD but you really want an SSD which is pretty much the same cost as the X.

If storage and not being able play discs isn’t a problem then you are good.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Getting the xbox series s for £250 is an absolute steal and it should be considered a crime to be able to buy it at that price. For that reason alone (plus gamepass, backwards compatible games, small space required and flight simulator) it makes less sense to NOT buy one. 

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to get a Series X for the extra storage space and other benefits, but fuck me they’re hard to get hold of. 

Managed to get three PS5s before Christmas for my brother and a couple of my mates when everyone was struggling and they couldn’t get one but can’t get my hands on one of these. Ridiculous the shortages are still so bad months after they launched. 

Had one in my basket through the Microsoft store tonight, entered my card details and clicked pay then it said out of stock. Fuming. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ended up getting a Series S in the end as I couldn't get a Series X, going to get a Series X for Christmas I think and move the S into the back room.

Definitely the best console I've ever had. The quick resume between games is superb and the game pass is ridiculously good value. There is a way to get it for £40 a year which is just mental for the amount of games you get. Over 300 games on it I think.

The space isn't too bad either, managed to install Halo Master Chief collection which is about four or five games, Forza 4, Jedi Fallen Order, Footy Manger 2021, Oro and the Will of the Wisps, Some Disney game for my kid, Medal of Honor Airborne, Donut County and the Flight Simulator that came out today and still got about 15gb left.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Is this worth getting? I can get one pretty cheap £130 new (unwanted present, reckon I can get him down another tenner). I'm just not sure if I need yet another games machine. Never had an Xbox though so am tempted. 

Definitely, eurogamer took one apart and were gobsmacked at the build quality and technology used for the price point. It's a steal at £250 so less than £150 you'd be mad not to. 

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Is this worth getting? I can get one pretty cheap £130 new (unwanted present, reckon I can get him down another tenner). I'm just not sure if I need yet another games machine. Never had an Xbox though so am tempted. 

Yes definitely. You can get the game pass for a year for £40. All these games listed here for that price is absolutely ridiculous. 

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass/games

If you’ve never had an Xbox it’s well worth getting just to play Halo and Forza, which are included in the game pass. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Can you be signed in to two different Xboxes on the same account at the same time?  Playing different games mind. 

No, you'll get signed out of one when signed in on another.

20 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Yes definitely. You can get the game pass for a year for £40. All these games listed here for that price is absolutely ridiculous. 

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass/games

If you’ve never had an Xbox it’s well worth getting just to play Halo and Forza, which are included in the game pass. 

How do you get that pass for £40?

9 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Ok, though I presume I can simply log-out of my Warzone/GTA account on my current xbox, then buy a new xbox with a different account and sign-in to Warzone/GTA and pick up where I left off?

With the same account on a different console? Yes, definitely. It syncs across the same account to any system with the same account. But not a different account. Any game saves are attached to the account and are only available to that account. 

30 minutes ago, mattyq said:

How do you get that pass for £40?

But Xbox gold live (think CDKeys was cheapest when I got it) and you can upgrade to game pass ultimate for £1. 

You can buy one year for about £40, two years for £80 or three years for £120 and then it upgrades the time you have remaining for £1. 

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3404524/get-3-years-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-tip.amp.html

• Upvote 2