Quantcast
Greatest Female Solo Artist - Poll - Page 11 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Greatest Female Solo Artist - Poll

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I'm not a fan, but she's sold well over 100 million records and is arguably the most successful female artist who's not called Madonna or Rihanna. That means she's got to be in the mix. 

IMG_20201113_211322.jpg

I get you there, so a case can be made for Britney Spears and Rihanna then? What were they inspired to do as well, make pop music I suppose? I can't get my head around anyone bar kids that would listen to her, so again each to their own and all that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Juniper said:

 

Betty Boo? 

 

 

Me. Betty Boo is boss. Wrote her own stuff, produced it all, and all the while looking like a cross between Emma Peel and Barbarella. Two albums full of quality then decided to stop being a pop star to look after her sick mum. What a woman.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Hang on.....Who the hell put Gina G forward?

 

Betty Boo? 

 

 

I think Gina G was just a little bit of a joke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Can’t believe the amount of people suggesting Enya. Jesus fucking Christ. Orinoco Flow is one of the worst songs of all time. OF ALL TIME!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I get you there, so a case can be made for Britney Spears and Rihanna then? What were they inspired to do as well, make pop music I suppose? I can't get my head around anyone bar kids that would listen to her, so again each to their own and all that. 

Well Janet Jackson writes her own lyrics and melodies. Britney just sang and performed.

 

Rihanna's different - she's second to only Madonna as the biggest selling female artist of all time I think. (I'm not sure how like).

 

By the way I'm not a Janet Jackson fan haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Well Janet Jackson writes her own lyrics and melodies. Britney just sang and performed.

 

Rihanna's different - she's second to only Madonna as the biggest selling female artist of all time I think. (I'm not sure how like).

 

By the way I'm not a Janet Jackson fan haha. 

Fair enough, I still wouldn't listen to her though, impossible. 

Are you sure? It looks like you've unsheathed your sword in defence of the comely maiden. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Can’t believe the amount of people suggesting Enya. Jesus fucking Christ. Orinoco Flow is one of the worst songs of all time. OF ALL TIME!!!

I don't not listen to Enya like I don't listen to Adele BUT you can't knock the amount of records both of them have sold.

 

Totally valid in a greatest artist discussion, for me.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Juniper said:

I don't not listen to Enya like I don't listen to Adele BUT you can't knock the amount of records both of them have sold.

 

Totally valid in a greatest artist discussion, for me.

 

 

Westlife had more number one singles than the Beatles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Westlife had more number one singles than the Beatles.

Westlife are a manufactured boy band though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Westlife had more number one singles than the Beatles.

 

Westlife released the exact same song about 50 different times. That's worse than Josh Wink and his 'Higher State of Consciousness'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Julia Holter

Donna Summer

Tina Turner

Janet Jackson

Barbara Streisand

 

Disappointing to see my girl Julia wont be making the poll - one of the most talented and original female artists around since our Kate IMO. Some of her work's a bit avant-garde and not very commercial, but Have You in My Wilderness really hits a sweet spot for me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Can’t believe the amount of people suggesting Enya. Jesus fucking Christ. Orinoco Flow is one of the worst songs of all time. OF ALL TIME!!!

What?! I’ve seen some shit chatted on here but that’s just pathetic attention seeking quim behaviour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×