Quantcast
Greatest Female Solo Artist - Poll - Page 11 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Greatest Female Solo Artist - Poll

12 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I'm not a fan, but she's sold well over 100 million records and is arguably the most successful female artist who's not called Madonna or Rihanna. That means she's got to be in the mix. 

IMG_20201113_211322.jpg

I get you there, so a case can be made for Britney Spears and Rihanna then? What were they inspired to do as well, make pop music I suppose? I can't get my head around anyone bar kids that would listen to her, so again each to their own and all that. 

12 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Betty Boo? 

Me. Betty Boo is boss. Wrote her own stuff, produced it all, and all the while looking like a cross between Emma Peel and Barbarella. Two albums full of quality then decided to stop being a pop star to look after her sick mum. What a woman.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Hang on.....Who the hell put Gina G forward?

Betty Boo? 

I think Gina G was just a little bit of a joke

2 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Can’t believe the amount of people suggesting Enya. Jesus fucking Christ. Orinoco Flow is one of the worst songs of all time. OF ALL TIME!!!

11 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I get you there, so a case can be made for Britney Spears and Rihanna then? What were they inspired to do as well, make pop music I suppose? I can't get my head around anyone bar kids that would listen to her, so again each to their own and all that. 

Well Janet Jackson writes her own lyrics and melodies. Britney just sang and performed.

Rihanna's different - she's second to only Madonna as the biggest selling female artist of all time I think. (I'm not sure how like).

By the way I'm not a Janet Jackson fan haha. 

24 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Well Janet Jackson writes her own lyrics and melodies. Britney just sang and performed.

Rihanna's different - she's second to only Madonna as the biggest selling female artist of all time I think. (I'm not sure how like).

By the way I'm not a Janet Jackson fan haha. 

Fair enough, I still wouldn't listen to her though, impossible. 

Are you sure? It looks like you've unsheathed your sword in defence of the comely maiden. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Can’t believe the amount of people suggesting Enya. Jesus fucking Christ. Orinoco Flow is one of the worst songs of all time. OF ALL TIME!!!

I don't not listen to Enya like I don't listen to Adele BUT you can't knock the amount of records both of them have sold.

Totally valid in a greatest artist discussion, for me.

33 minutes ago, Juniper said:

I don't not listen to Enya like I don't listen to Adele BUT you can't knock the amount of records both of them have sold.

Totally valid in a greatest artist discussion, for me.

Westlife had more number one singles than the Beatles.

3 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Westlife are a manufactured boy band though. 

11 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Westlife released the exact same song about 50 different times. That's worse than Josh Wink and his 'Higher State of Consciousness'.

Julia Holter

Donna Summer

Tina Turner

Janet Jackson

Barbara Streisand

Disappointing to see my girl Julia wont be making the poll - one of the most talented and original female artists around since our Kate IMO. Some of her work's a bit avant-garde and not very commercial, but Have You in My Wilderness really hits a sweet spot for me.

5 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

What?! I’ve seen some shit chatted on here but that’s just pathetic attention seeking quim behaviour.