You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Golf - The Masters 2020

Bjornebye

17 hours ago, Brownie said:

In fact, he’s not even the longest hitter when you look at the stats.

The worry is about the game in the long term.

He was definitely the longest hitter on Tour last year - by about 5 yards methinks.

That said McIlroy led the Tour in 2017 and 2018 and won squat.

They have been moving bunkers and pushing tee boxes back for a long while - as posted a few back, the courses don't need changing, the equipment very well might.

15 minutes ago, Code said:

Its not like Bryson has been close to winning everything he enters, fuckin far from it to be honest.

There is a reason these guys are nowhere to be seen on Tour.

That's not the point. The point is, on tour, distance has become a skill that is exponentially more useful than pretty much every other skill. Which is not a good thing.

5 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

He was definitely the longest hitter on Tour last year - by about 5 yards methinks.

That said McIlroy led the Tour in 2017 and 2018 and won squat.

They have been moving bunkers and pushing tee boxes back for a long while - as posted a few back, the courses don't need changing, the equipment very well might.

Yeah just checked and he was by 0.1 of a yard!

I didn’t explain myself very well there to be fair. What I was trying to get at is the fact that other players are capable of hitting it as far or even further (Finau hit incredible speeds when he went after a few and Wolff consistently out drove DeChambeau in the US Open final round).

I think he was 10th in terms of length of drives in the US Open he won. It was actually his wedge play and putting that won him that tournament.

As I said earlier, all of the players hit the ball too far.

• Upvote 1

Got 6 free pound bets on Tuesday so I went e/w on:

Rose -3

Woods 4

Johnson -3

Hatton -1

Fleetwood -1

Langer  -3

Not a bad start. I threw Langer in because I bet on Tom Watson years ago the fucker would have won me nearly a grand if he didn't miss that 6ft to win the British Open. Had e/w so still made a few quid back. Always good to have a long-shot legend in the mix. 

41 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Got 6 free pound bets on Tuesday so I went e/w on:

Rose -3

Woods 4

Johnson -3

Hatton -1

Fleetwood -1

Langer  -3

Not a bad start. I threw Langer in because I bet on Tom Watson years ago the fucker would have won me nearly a grand if he didn't miss that 6ft to win the British Open. Had e/w so still made a few quid back. Always good to have a long-shot legend in the mix. 

Woods -4 I guess?

On 08/11/2020 at 18:46, Bjornebye said:

I only really watch this, the Open and the Ryder Cup. It will be weird with no fans etc and obviously being Autumn. 

I fancy Dustin Johnson to win it but I'd love to see Justin Rose get the jacket. 

My man Dustin making the course his right now. - 10 nearest is - 7 

Rose still - 4